What's new

Iqbal and Urdu day in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Script is irrelevant,You can adopt any script of your convenience.You can write Urdu in latin Alphabet it will still be Urdu.Heart of the language is its dialect,with out learning the dialect you will never learn the language.The reason you think like this is because of your deep rooted desire to mimic Arabs and anything Arabic.

When all else fails back to the usual rhetoric- "all pakistanis try to be arab", you Bhartis are a joke. No comment on the words I gave you that have no religious connotation, take a seat your hopeless.

I can understand most hindi it is mostly similar to urdu but has some different words because Urdu is a "Muslim language". Let me give you an example, in urdu to say - you can trust me- it would be mujpe imaan rak sakte ho however in hindi it would be vishvash or something instead of imaan. That is because imaan has a purely islamic connotation behind it derived from arabic of the Quran. Another example in urdu God is either Allah (arabic loan) or some say ya khuda (which is the persian word for Allah), meanwhile in hindi they would say bhagwan or something lol. Unless they are Muslims they will probably say Allah. The biggest difference however is the script for obvious reasons.

What you have just said in effect is that you can understand the structure, but not the entire vocabulary.

Look at your example. First, the vocabulary.

Mujhpe is not Arabic, not Persian, not Turkish, it is Hindi, straight. Imaan is Arabic, the only 'loan' word in your system. Rakh is Hindi again. Sakte ho is a powerful illustration of the fact that the vast majority of Urdu verbs are Hindi verbs. Only a handful of Urdu verbs are loan words.

Next the structure.

The Hindi, Urdu and Persian sentences have the same structure, subject-object-preposition-verb. They are all Indo-Aryan languages, hence have identical grammatical forms. Arabic is different. You can see from the sentence construction which belongs to which group.

Hope that helps.

since this thread is about Urdu , how about we chat in the given langue as it will be appropriate, i will start and we can all get some good practice instead of arguing about something stupid.

adab khwateen o hazaraat, mera nam liontk hai or aaj mai guzarish karuga kai app sub meri saat is urdu zaban ki maifel pe tafseeri gaiza kerre. iss guftagu kai mazmoon mai hum bath cheet kerai gai iqbal kee tafseer or ghazalai agar koi purani classic(don't know the word) kai mood mai hai. Agar cha hum urdu zaban kai shruu yah origin(don't know the word) pai bhi discuss ker saktai hai agar zaroori hai.

Haan g @liontk agar aur log nai bol tay tou koi baat nai hum hain na ;)

In accordance to Iqbal day hum aur tum Urdu mein baat kerain gay, theek? :enjoy:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's because they were using older dialects.That's typical for historical movies.Modern day Hindi uses Khariboli dialect which what Urdu is also based on.See Delhi Belly you will see difference.

Strictly speaking, not older dialects, but older word forms, archaic forms, no longer in daily use.

Script is irrelevant,You can adopt any script of your convenience.You can write Urdu in latin Alphabet it will still be Urdu.Heart of the language is its dialect,with out learning the dialect you will never learn the language.The reason you think like this is because of your deep rooted desire to mimic Arabs and anything Arabic.

Hmm no..Every language has a particular script in which it is best expressed.

@Azazel so you guys changed your language to get closer to us? :azn:

And how did you get to this latest discovery? Khariboli was the Western Prakrit dialect in the Delhi region which was used as a grammatical foundation for Urdu.

@Talon, what is the problem sis, in my opinion you should get out of it because it is one of those threads you will regret posting on probably after a hour and probably feeling like you could've done more in the lab :) , mark my words tick tock...

I couldn't agree more.

@liontk haan g, kiya haal chal hai....thori si urdu zubaan mein arz kerain....waysay bhi yeh thread tou urdu ki hai...tou ussi zubaan mein hi bolain tou acha lagay ga :enjoy:

Haan g @liontk agar aur log nai bol tay tou koi baat nai hum hain na ;)

In accordance to Iqbal day hum aur tum Urdu mein baat kerain gay, theek? :enjoy:

ge bari bhain shukaria iss maifil ko join(don`t know the word) kernai kai lia, iss thara hum urdu ki zaban ko achi thara honor kergai lakin albatha mujhe patha he kone me @Armstrong hamari tooti tooti urdu pai hash raha ho gaa. Lakin chale kuch na kuch to seekh rahai hai na. Waise bhaiin research kaise chal rahe hai app ki iss great(do not know the word) din pai, urdu zaban mai javab dai ga hehe

@M-48 Ya...but the Indians think all 7 are theirs :rofl:

aylo g nawa nawa theory! :rofl:

Really???? :cheesy:

Urdu was used in war troops later it got modification

ge bari bhain shukaria iss maifil ko join(don`t know the word) kernai kai lia, iss thara hum urdu ki zaban ko achi thara honor kergai lakin albatha mujhe patha he kone me @Armstrong hamari tooti tooti urdu pai hash raha ho gaa. Lakin chale kuch na kuch to seekh rahai hai na. Waise bhaiin research kaise chal rahe hai app ki iss great(do not know the word) din pai, urdu zaban mai javab dai ga hehe
@liontk hans raha
hahahahahah....sahi mujhay aap nay tou majboor hi ker diyea is zubaan mein baat kernay pay @Armstrong idher hi tashreef lay aain bhai mayray @Alpha1 @Mirzay @JonAsad @DESERT FIGHTER @RazPaK @Slav Defence

humara saath dee jain hum urdu din ka jashan mana chatay hain!! :pakistan:

Really???? :cheesy:

Urdu was used in war troops later it got modification
@M-48 beti urdu ki mehfil hai tou urdu zubaan mein baat ke jiay ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom