What's new

Iqbal and Urdu day in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
And before the britsh we spoke dari as government language as well. :lol:

Urdu which is comprised of persian and arabic loanwords came east out Guttar Pradesh and Hyderbad to the west.

Epic facepalm...

90% of hindi speakers including me can understand urdu

I bet not even 1% of Arabs/Persians will get u if u communicate with them in urdu

Words nicely strung together...yet didnt hit the target...sorry I dont sing songs :coffee:

@KingMamba93 seriously, I dont understand MOST of Hindi...I mean I watched Ashoka and I had to use subtitles :blink:

I tried watching those ramayan dramas...Out of 1 sentence I get only 1 words the rest are ALL FOREIGN!! :blink: and yet someone says its the same language?! :blink:

You could say exactly the same about your comment.

What target? That was just a statement of fact. I should know what I wrote, better than some other person.

You picked on something that didn't, and doesn't exist. That is why you have to work so hard to create evidence, even tenuous evidence. Effort misdirected.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really stupid, Urdu shares the grammer structure origins with other Indic languages, not with persian. Persian and Arabic vocabulary is used in Urdu same as today people use english words in Hindi because english is an important language. Similarly persian was an important language as the muslim ruling class used it (for various reasons) and hence more and more persian vocab found its way into urdu.

The whole thing became dirty and politicised when religion entered and spoilt everything.

Yeah okay, urdu was adopted for two main reasons- it was the language of the mughal court after Farsi and second it was not the language of any provinces of Pakistan so it was nuetral to everyone. Leave aside the fact that bengalis threw a tantrum anyway.

I bet,you people didn't see that coming huh:lol:

1stly, just by adding INDO into things doesnt make it yours...

2ndly,
:blink: What did I just read? Dude who made you a Linguist? Please tell me the name of the Uni or prof....Coz he/she needs to really reconsider!! :blink:

Even wiki can tell you how stupid that sounded and shows your lack of knowledge in the subject!!

Mega troll!!!!

Partial knowledge is far more dangerous than no Knowledge.Arabic is a Semitic language belonging to Afro Asiatic Family.
Afroasiatic languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@Azazel then kindly go back to your older dialects....we can rest with the distance :enjoy:

Can't do it.Go sue us.

@Azazel everyone knows arabic has semetic roots with an emphasis on armaic, same as hebrew. :lol:

Funny because the Arabs can actually read urdu, they may not know what the words mean but they can atleast read them and write them once they know the language.

Indians can speak urdu but cannot read or write, Arabs can read and write but cannot speak so in reality Arabs are closer to learning perfect urdu than you clowns. :lol:

You can come with that argument when Arabs actually started learning Urdu like Indians.Otherwise, that's nothing more than your wildest brain fart.

NO.
The subjects of subcontinent were speaking what are called the aryan indo languages.

Once they were under muslims rules who were closely following Arabic , the locals of sub continents had to change and learn the language of the masters.

Since the masters spoke Persian.

Thus over time Persian has evolved into Urdu.

so now go learn. Use the search button.
There is an almost 70 page thread already on the forum about this.

How did closely following Arabic morph into since the masters spoke Persian? Are the two the same?

In case you don't know, and apparently you don't know, Sanskrit and Persian are cognate languages from the Indo-European family of languages; Arabic is not.

Secondly, Persian did not evolve into Urdu. It was spoken in parallel, and was the language of administration as late as 1832.

Thirdly, what determines a language's affiliations is it's structure, not its vocabulary. Urdu is an Indo-Aryan language grammatically. As Persian belongs to the family at one step higher on the tree.

Looks like you might want to re-learn the uses of the stop button yourself.

90% of hindi speakers including me can understand urdu

I bet not even 1% of Arabs/Persians will get u if u communicate with them in urdu

lets see.... @Mosamania Assalamualaikum Kiya haal hai? Did you get what I said? :D

since this thread is about Urdu , how about we chat in the given langue as it will be appropriate, i will start and we can all get some good practice instead of arguing about something stupid.

adab khwateen o hazaraat, mera nam liontk hai or aaj mai guzarish karuga kai app sub meri saat is urdu zaban ki maifel pe tafseeri gaiza kerre. iss guftagu kai mazmoon mai hum bath cheet kerai gai iqbal kee tafseer or ghazalai agar koi purani classic(don't know the word) kai mood mai hai. Agar cha hum urdu zaban kai shruu yah origin(don't know the word) pai bhi discuss ker saktai hai agar zaroori hai.

You could say exactly the same about your comment.

What target? That was just a statement of fact. I should know what I wrote, better than some other person.

You picked on something that didn't, and doesn't exist. That is why you have to work so hard to create evidence, even tenuous evidence. Effort misdirected.
@Joe Shearer exactly WHAT are you going on and on about?! :blink:

I am sorry if you got offended about something I said...unless of course you are just trolling me as you have realized I have no idea what you are going on and on about.... :enjoy:

I can give you ten urdu words loaned from arabic off the top of my head. :coffee:

Congratulations,you know Quran and you have passed your Madrassa test.:woot:Even I can say 10 Arabic loan words in Urdu, and I am not even a native Urdu speaker.

I bet,you people didn't see that coming huh:lol:

Partial knowledge is far more dangerous than no Knowledge.Arabic is a Semitic language belonging to Afro Asiatic Family.
Afroasiatic languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can't do it.Go sue us.

You can come with that argument when Arabs actually started learning Urdu like Indians.Otherwise, that's nothing more than your wildest brain fart.

Anyone can learn any language if they set out to it, some Arabs do actually speak urdu just like some Iranians can understand it as well. It all depends on the person and if they are committed, fact remains they can make out the script while you Indians cannot.

Congratulations,you know Quran and you have passed your Madrassa test.:woot:Even I can say 10 Arabic loan words in Urdu, and I am not even a native Urdu speaker.

vizier, malik, mujrim, jism, kitab, kursi, hakumat, libas, jumma, and mariz. Ten and none have to do with religion, dumsht. :lol:

Oh yeah madrassa is 11 it means school.

app sub ko iss guftagu kay lia iss Iqbal ke sher ko paish(i think the tense makes sense though i will recheck) karta huo

Hazaaron saal nargis apni be-noori pe roti hai
Badi mushqil se hota hai chaman mein didavar paida

iss sher koi kon pehlai koshish kerai ga sai thara samajnai kailia, iss ke khafi mathlab hoi sakte hai...;)

Anyone can learn any language if they set out to it, some Arabs do actually speak urdu just like some Iranians can understand it as well. It all depends on the person and if they are committed, fact remains they can make out the script while you Indians cannot.

Script is irrelevant,You can adopt any script of your convenience.You can write Urdu in latin Alphabet it will still be Urdu.Heart of the language is its dialect,with out learning the dialect you will never learn the language.The reason you think like this is because of your deep rooted desire to mimic Arabs and anything Arabic.

Languages have no religions. Unfortunately, Urdu is dying so are many other Indian languages.

Languages have no religions. Unfortunately, Urdu is dying so are many other Indian languages.

neverrrrrrrrrrr, i will learn it soon brother do not worry just give me a year to get hang off persian script, it is part of our pakistanaise heritagè. If you know Urdu, you can contribute some literature to celebrate URDU Jour or day i mean or a favorite piece of literature in urdu that you enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom