What's new

Bal Thackeray wants burqa banned

dherky

New Recruit

Reaction score
Now, Bal Thackeray wants burqa banned

Kiran Tare / DNATuesday,
June 30, 2009 1:16

Mumbai: Taking his cue from Nicolas Sarkozy, Bal Thackeray has demanded a ban on the burqa. In a strongly-worded editorial in Monday's edition of party mouthpiece Saamana, the Shiv Sena patriarch praises the French president, deprecates the attitude of India's "thakela-pakela (tired and bored)" rulers and warns against "the dangers of Islam".

"I congratulate Sarkozy. He is an ideal ruler. Their (French) rulers never appease the Muslims for vote-bank politics," Thackeray writes in the editorial, asking"our rulers to ban the burqa and implement the uniform civil code."

"Sarkozy is a strong man, not a thakela-pakela leader like ours. Half the leaders running our country need to look for places for their funeral," Thackeray writes.

Bal Thackeray has also taken a potshot at a senior BJP leader from Maharashtra, without naming him. Sarkozy kisses his wife Carla Bruni in public, unlikepoliticians such as "former Haryana deputy CM Chand Mohammad and a similar one from Maharashtra", who do it in secret, he has written.

Why Bal Thackeray alway looking for some thing controvercial to spread in the media. There few people in india who are real embarasement for them and he is one of them.

Couldn't care less about what some retarded old Hindutva fascist thinks...

We should put burqua on him and tie stone to his feet and drown him into the Arabian sea.:devil:

In fact he is helping Indian muslims here :rofl:
When the words came out of his mouth, it is more clear than ever that the ban will never never come.

Hey.. i am not a big fan of thackarey,but i completely agree with the two points he raised, ban burqua and uniform civil code. Even though banning burqua i dont think its feasible in a developing countries like ours, where there are large chunk of uneducated religous fanatics be it hindu or muslim or christians(well educated fanatics in their case). However samna is a paper which isnt even worth wrapping sabsi. But i support ban on burqua and uniform civil code all the way.

I don't think muslims should be that angered by this. Islam allows women to show their hands and face, so in that sense the burqa is a bit extreme.

Spoken like a true secular who knows little about Islam or what the Burqa stands for.

If you don't like the burqa then don't wear one, but you have no right to put down these courageous and righteous women who wear the burqa, because I am pretty sure that they couldn't care less about what people like you think or feel about it!

The old fool just wants attention, to hell with what he says. He's a joke, he will fade into obscurity and no one will care. No one bothers with his brand of politics anymore as was clearly evident in this years election.

Hey.. i am not a big fan of thackarey,but i completely agree with the two points he raised, ban burqua and uniform civil code. Even though banning burqua i dont think its feasible in a developing countries like ours, where there are large chunk of uneducated religous fanatics be it hindu or muslim or christians(well educated fanatics in their case). However samna is a paper which isnt even worth wrapping sabsi. But i support ban on burqua and uniform civil code all the way.

Well you are obviously ignorant, judging by your comments.

You Indians should first ban the red dot on the heads of Hindus, and the Turbans for Sikhs before thinking about banning the burqa.

I know India is a fascist state, and your desires might come true, but I doubt the 150 million+ Muslims of India will take it easy!

Mind your own business... You have no right to tell us what to do or not. It is our religion, and if you force your ideology on us, your actions will be countered severely!

We should put burqua on him and tie stone to his feet and drown him into the Arabian sea.:devil:

While your at it, you can tie a Sikh-Turban around his throat and make him sing your national anthem while drowning. :agree:

And to make sure he doesn't come afloat you could also attach a stone-idol of Shiva to his hands.

While your at it, you can tie a Sikh-Turban around his throat and make him sing your national anthem while drowning. :agree:

And to make sure he doesn't come afloat you could also attach a stone-idol of Shiva to his hands.

Leave the gods out of it, will you?

this goes 2 ways.....me personally?

I am HARDCORE anti-burqa. I hate seeing them, i can't stand looking at women wearing them

at the same time, in democratic society's (true ones) people should be allowed to wear it if they truly WANT TO.

I personally prefer they dont, but who am i to say

Burqa is purely wahhaby cultural phenonmenon. In Pakistan (and the Muslim women of bharat) most women don't wear it -- and I'm damn proud of that fact

We are quick to say women should keep their gaze down and be as pure and modest as possible

But we (as in some small group of ignorant Muslims) are so hypocritical and so short-sighted to say men shouldn't whistle or harass/stare at women in the first place

Don't derail the thread with pointless and insensitive posts.

this goes 2 ways.....me personally?

I am HARDCORE anti-burqa. I hate seeing them, i can't stand looking at women wearing them

at the same time, in democratic society's (true ones) people should be allowed to wear it if they truly WANT TO.

I personally prefer they dont, but who am i to say

Burqa is purely wahhaby cultural phenonmenon. In Pakistan (and the Muslim women of bharat) most women don't wear it -- and I'm damn proud of that fact

We are quick to say women should keep their gaze down and be as pure and modest as possible

But we (as in some small group of ignorant Muslims) are so hypocritical and so short-sighted to say men shouldn't whistle or harass/stare at women in the first place

You moron, the Burqa is NOT of Wahabi culture! Get a life!

I am against Wahabism, but your ignorance is intolerable! Shame on you!

The burqa dates back to the early days of Islam, the Caliphate.

If you don't like it, good for you, you obviously have more problems to deal with! And getting pissed off won't affect the women in any way, so keep your hatred to yourself!

I am guessing that you are a Shia... And I may disagree with various Shi'ite practices like Matam, Mutah, and Taqiyyah, but I'm not spreading hatred against it.

Don't derail the thread with pointless and insensitive posts.

Haha, more hypocritical statments from Indians! :cheesy:

You see my insensitive posts, but disregard the fact that it was in response to his insensitive post! :agree::eek:

Back
Top Bottom