What's new

Bal Thackeray and the rise of Shiv Sena in Maharashtra

Over 2 million people came. I think no one ever get such a turn out on his death.

You are typical example of media-brainswashed-anti-thackerey muslim. Let me deal you with langugae you understand.

See there are many quranic verses & hadees for punishing/prosecuting non-believers, when non-muslims questions these verses, mullahs/ maulvis/ayotullahs start dancing saying these verses have context of war times and situations/conditions in whhich these verses were written must be taken in account to understand it and get its complete meaning.

same about Thackerey, he said he wants Hindu Suicide Squads to deal with Islamic terrorism (sponsered by our lovely-peaceful western neighbour). That was his style. He wanted deal with neighbour's snake with owning a bigger snake to safeguard his home-country.

If traitor-muslims starts threatening own land by bombing busses/trains killing hindus then Thackerey wanted same muslims to feel the pain when their places & public are bombed.

Infact he never did it, he just warned anti-peace elements about it & it worked. I see even pakistanis too took him seriously :lol: , so you must know how would religious-blinded-muslim indulged in terrorist acts in mumbai/maharashtra/india would have taken it

He was not a saint he was a warrior. He was not a Gandhiji to shower flower son people who threaten us or go on fast for condemning bombing on innocents by bigotted a-holes.

And yes, if my family & my loved ones are threatened by any religious-suicide-squads, I will not hestitate to give them their own medicine by being joining hindu-suicide-squads if needed.

:blah:

You don't need to justify your love for this clown to me.
All I am saying is that if you are going to hero worship the guy, at least follow what he says.

you like how he hates Muslims but love your life too much to actually listen to his "solution" for Muslims.

Pretty much describes most of you Internet Hindus.

Over 2 million people came. I think no one ever get such a turn out on his death.

They were comparing.

Princess Diana had upwards of a million.

The Pope had 3-4 million.

2 million figure if you ask me is VERY conservative.

Mumbaikars will tell you that it was definitely more.

The point is 99% of the crowd was not moving.

after Osama & thakray killing world is more safer than before.

hope now peace between Pakistan & India will be attained.

Were you impressed by the spectacle yesterday? :)

Peaceful and calm like Hindu spirituality was it not? :) :)

Sorry dint know he died. Just came to know from PDF.

i would give credit to bring down the emotions

How many attended Gandhi ji's funeral ?

after Osama & thakray killing world is more safer than before.
hope now peace between Pakistan & India will be attained.
Osama and Bala Shaeb don't belong in same league. Millions of innocent people didn't cry over Osama's death.

It means Bal Thackray is liked more by Indians than they Like Gandhi ji?

It could also mean we have a **** load of more people now.

But I'm not arguing.

I live in a city where Gandhi's killer is a much respected man.

It could also mean we have a **** load of more people now.

But I'm not arguing.

I live in a city where Gandhi's killer is a much respected man.

Given the statistics of population even at the time of Gandhi's funeral , there could have been more people.

The city where you live if have more respect for the terrorist who killed Gandhi proves that the mindset can affect even educated people like you in a big way :)

Look up Annadarai death and noted in Guinness world record.

When Annadurai died in 1969, there were reportedly fifteen million mourners at his service, which was certified by the “Guinness Book of World Records” as the largest funeral.

Read more: Funeral Records : The New Yorker

Given the statistics of population even at the time of Gandhi's funeral , there could have been more people.

The city where you live if have more respect for the terrorist who killed Gandhi proves that the mindset can affect even educated people like you in a big way :)

Godse was not a terrorist sister.

Where do you learn your history from.

You are just stirring things up of course.

And I am indulging you just because I'd like to make my feelings on the topic known.

Pune is the fountainhead of Hindu nationalism, as well as one of the most secular and chilled out and permissive and young at heart modern Indian cities.

It is also argumentative, opinionated, and extremely eccentric.

And I would live no place else.

Cheers!

Look up Annadarai death and noted in Guinness world record.

When Annadurai died in 1969, there were reportedly fifteen million mourners at his service, which was certified by the “Guinness Book of World Records” as the largest funeral.

Read more: Funeral Records : The New Yorker

Impossible.

Whats the population of TN and Madras at that time in 1969 ??

Todays TN population is 7cr or 70m.

Mournuing is different , u can't say half of state's pupulation congregated at his funeral site.

Godse was not a terrorist
Where do you learn your history from.

You are just stirring things up of course.

And I am indulging you just because I'd like to make my feelings on the topic known.

Pune is the fountainhead of Hindu nationalism, as well as one of the most secular and chilled out and permissive and young at heart modern Indian cities.

It is also argumentative, opinionated, and extremely eccentric.

And I would live no place else.

Cheers!

For me anyone that killed Gandhi, is a terrorist simple and plain. followers of the killer and his group/allied groups are those who preach hate/terrorism against others in India.
anyway doc heres something for you. Gosh Indians started comparing the funeral attendance .

MUMBAI: If the attendance at a funeral is any indication of a person's popularity, the most admired or liked figures in India would narrow down to a group that includes Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru, C N Annadurai, Vallabhbhai Patel, Babasaheb Ambedkar, and, you guessed it, Bal Thackeray.

In the West, the 'million man club' would include a motley group comprising Pope John Paul II, Michael Jackson, Ayatollah Khomeini and Victor Hugo. There are no authoritative numbers on funeral attendance anywhere, but it is widely believed that the largest congregation of mourners in recent years was seen on the streets of London for Princess Diana's final journey. Close to 3 million people turned up to bid goodbye to the 'people's princess'.
The Shiv Sena chief's cortege in Mumbai, which stretched 2 kms, is believed to have drawn a crowd of nearly 1 million who lined the route from Kalanagar to Shivaji Park. But the turnout needs to be seen in the context of the city's current demographic.
Other big guns in Mumbai have attracted equally large or even larger congregations, if seen in proportion to the city's overall population. It appears that Ambedkar's procession was about 2 miles (3.2 km) long and his cremation was attended by around 5 lakh people while Patel's was reportedly attended by close to 1 million people.
When comparing the numbers with Sunday's turnout at Shivaji Park, do remember that Greater Mumbai's population in 1950 when Patel died was around 3 million (so a crowd of a million would be about a third of the population) and in 1956, when Ambedkar died, it would have been approximately 3.5m (so a 5-lakh-strong crowd would have been about a seventh of the total Mumbaikars).

Bal Thackeray’s funeral part of million mourners club - The Times of India

Impossible.

Whats the population of TN and Madras at that time in 1969 ??
Todays TN population is 7cr or 70m.

Maybe or not. But with Guinness known to verify the facts before certifying something as a record, I would dare not question them unless I have facts to back me up.

Back
Top Bottom