What's new

Bal Thackeray and the rise of Shiv Sena in Maharashtra

The population of Mumbai can keep swelling. The open real estate remains constant.

The point which no doubt has hit Pakistanis as well as Indians who like to put down a mass Indian jan leader is that the crowd cut across all lines.

I was returning home from Lonavala at noon.

There was a sea of humanity heading towards Mumbai on the opposite lanes.

Everything was shut. Not a chai tapri open.

Trains were pouring people into Mumbai till 6 pm when the pyre was lit.

There were easily millions who just made it to Mumbai with no hope of catching a glimpse of the man.

They just made the effort to be there. Symbolic.

Mournuing is different , u can't say half of state's pupulation congregated at his funeral site.

Guinness says so. Would I believe you or Guinness?

I do not know for a fact but I have heard tales of many elders themselves who never were actively involved in politics going to Madras(then Chennai) for his death.

Guinness says so. Would I believe you or Guinness?

I do not know for a fact but I have heard tales of many elders themselves who never were actively involved in politics going to Madras(then Chennai) for his death.

I checked population of TN in 1969 was 40Million and more than half of them would be women and children . You can draw ur own conclusion using bit of common sense.

I checked population of TN in 1969 was 40Million and more than half of them would be women and children . You can draw ur own conclusion using bit of common sense.

Dude - whatever :hitwall: I quoted Guinness book and beyond that I do not give a rat's *** as to how many people gathered.

Dude - whatever :hitwall: I quoted Guinness book and beyond that I do not give a rat's *** as to how many people gathered.

No offence even i don't do not give a rat's *** as to how many people gathered. Since u brought to notice something incredible to believe i'm expressing my disagreement.

15 million, if close to true, would be the extended count of people who would have gone through the city over a period of time to pay their respects.

Please consider that in 2012 the entire population of Chennai is around 5 million.

And we are talking 1969 here. Just to put things in perspective.

:blah:

You don't need to justify your love for this clown to me.
All I am saying is that if you are going to hero worship the guy, at least follow what he says.

you like how he hates Muslims but love your life too much to actually listen to his "solution" for Muslims.

Pretty much describes most of you Internet Hindus.

Lol...Now I am internet Hindu??

Mere talks from Thackerey about hindu suicide squads makes you feel uncomfortable & you go numb when muslim terrorist dance on your street killing your soldier with suicide attacks & proxy wars.THey dont even spare muslims in mosque on friday prayer.

Why dont you you quote reference or context behind Thackerey's idea of hindu suicide squads?? He proposed them against particular terrorist community. Throw some light on them too.

No hindu loves extremist of Thackereys but some scoundrels do crap things against hindus which indirectly helps rise of Thackereys.

Given the statistics of population even at the time of Gandhi's funeral , there could have been more people.

The city where you live if have more respect for the terrorist who killed Gandhi proves that the mindset can affect even educated people like you in a big way :)

Sorry dint know he died. Just came to know from PDF.

i would give credit to bring down the emotions

How many attended Gandhi ji's funeral ?

Eevn the guy who killed Mahatma Gandhi used to respect Gandhiji a lot. But he was hurted by Gandhiji's inclination towards muslim & their new muslim country.

First of all to have a discussion in a civilized manner, which I understand is next to impossible for an ignorant indian, you will have to get that burning coal from under your arse..........and take a dip in clean, cold water.

Coming back to democracy and secularism, name of two "things" that the indians have been thought to use frequently because they are considered good in the world. Son...........let me teach you the meaning of both of these if your maha baharat never tought you about these............Secularism is............ well never mind I just realized you are just an indian..........ignorant at best and an asshole by the general rule............

and as far as peeing is concerned we actually peed on -----ism and got ourselves an Islamic Estate where democracy exists not in the boundary walls of a prliment but in the society and where minorities are not mass murdered like in india

and here is the proof of your so called democracy and secularism............go suck some sugarcane

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/219888-girl-held-facebook-post-questioning-mumbais-bal-thackeray-shutdown.html

You have no qualification to speak what india understands or what world understands.

A country which peed on secular constitution accepted by its founder Jinnah & its throws out democracy for army generals in every decade of history since its formation, have no right to talk about any democratic or secular nation of the world.

Speak about yourself, what is secularism for you??? How do you define it ???

First of all to have a discussion in a civilized manner, which I understand is next to impossible for an ignorant indian, you will have to get that burning coal from under your arse..........and take a dip in clean, cold water.

Lollll

Did I hit the nerve?? Why is your back flaming??

First of all, kindly refrain from commenting about secularism when you failed to achieve it.

Secularism means seperation of religion from state politics. Thackerey was a Hindu-nationalist but non-religious.

Some thing you wont understand in your life time due to your fcuked education gifted by General Zia.

He has no. of muslims in this shiv-sena as he was not anti-muslim but was against muslim who are pro-pakistan or indulged in terrorsim.

So shove up your views & comments relating to Thackerey & secularism where sun doesnt shine.

Coming back to democracy and secularism, name of two "things" that the indians have been thought to use frequently because they are considered good in the world. Son...........let me teach you the meaning of both of these if your maha baharat never tought you about these............

Well I cant hold my laugh when I see a Pakistani preaching Secularism/Democracy to a indian.

Let me tell you Mahabharat is not a book of law like Quran but it is religious epic we dont use it for political policies or state-administrating laws.

We have constitution written by Bharat Ratna B. R. Ambedkar, who was respected by scholars across globe including Qaid-e-Azam.

Secularism is............ well never mind I just realized you are just an indian..........ignorant at best and an asshole by the general rule............

Whats wrong with you friend?? I asked you whats your definition of secularism to enlightened indians , you are introducing yourself to us. WE already know what ypu are. So Chill ;)

and as far as peeing is concerned we actually peed on -----ism and got ourselves an Islamic Estate where democracy exists not in the boundary walls of a prliment but in the society and where minorities are not mass murdered like in india

First, you didnt peed on -----ism, its rocking in India. Narendra Modi, Thackereys & sons are testinomy of it. Your islamic goons are helping them gaining strength by every passing day.But you peed on Jinnah's Dream - Mordern state called Pakistan.Thanks to Zia-ul-Haq, you even dont know about it.

Second, about Islamic state with its own version of islam.You guys have made the term Islam a evil to people all around the world. No muslim country gives a hoot to your version of Islam.Ever wondered why no islamic nation spport your stand against drones raping your nations soverignity???

Third, see the rising % of our minorities & sinking % of your minorities before opening your mouth.Or educate yourself with Blasphemy laws, Rinkle-kumari case or beheading of sikhs in peshwar if you are much resistant to shame.

and here is the proof of your so called democracy and secularism............go suck some sugarcane

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/219888-girl-held-facebook-post-questioning-mumbais-bal-thackeray-shutdown.html

Yeah, we have our share of $hit & A-holes in our borders so such crap things occur.
But one thing you will agree with me is....
Girls in India are not shot in head for going in school nor they are made ugly by acid baths.

Coming back to democracy and secularism, name of two "things" that the indians have been thought to use frequently because they are considered good in the world. Son...........let me teach you the meaning of both of these if your maha baharat never tought you about these............Secularism is............ well never mind I just realized you are just an indian..........ignorant at best and an asshole by the general rule............

If you are treating minoritie so well, can you tell me why there are no minorities are actually left in pakistan?

Lets be honest here, Pakistanis non-Muslims have either been converted by their unjust Constittion which heavily encourages conversion ti Islam and has all kinds of restrictions on non-Muslims. A fair amount of Hindus, and a hell lot more Sikhs have been killed, and whoever was left was forced to flee to India.

Since Pakistan is Muslim majority, and India is Hindu majority, ask any non-Muslim and non-Hindu South Asians in this entire world whether they prefer Pakistan or India, and I can guarantee you more than 99% will choose India. Why? Simple, because Pakistan has systematically wiped out all non-Muslim population form within its boundaries...

Did I hit the nerve?? Why is your back flaming??

First of all, kindly refrain from commenting about secularism when you failed to achieve it.

Me! I am calm as cucumber, nature of the job.................No we never failed, we never wanted to be a secular state. Pakistan was created in the name of Islam, was an Islamic country, is an islamic country and will remain an islamic country.

It actually is your failure, you wanted to be a secular state, but never grew out of hindu mata mentality and closure of indias largest city for 2/3 days on the death of an extremist hindu terrorist is a living prrof of that.

Me! I am calm as cucumber, nature of the job.................No we never failed, we never wanted to be a secular state. Pakistan was created in the name of Islam, was an Islamic country, is an islamic country and will remain an islamic country.

Unless you know Jinnah's historic speeches all you are doing now advocating the $hit that happened after Pakistan lost its visionary leader Mohd. Jinnah.

It actually is your failure, you wanted to be a secular state, but never grew out of hindu mata mentality and closure of indias largest city for 2/3 days on the death of an extremist hindu terrorist is a living prrof of that.

Well, the man whose father fought for United Maharashtra state, the man whose father struggle for Mumbai to be included in Maharashtra, the man who solved problems of every common men from mumbai, the man who saved mumbai from clutches of Underworld first & Islamic terrorism later, a man who made 100s of enemies for his love for mumbai, a man who protected literally every man from mumbai (including peaceful muslims ) in 1993, a man who improved infra of mumbai than any one could ever dream of, a man who solved problem of drinking water of every mumbaikar, a man who connected to people from poor labourers to rich tycoon to know their problem in mumbai .....deserves all the respect by his city dwellers.

I belong to mumbai, I am a non-marathi from UP settled here 3 decades back. Our family & many families in my neighbourhood didnt cooked anything on the eve he died.Skipping food/dinner is a sign of mourning & grief when a family member passes away.

Back
Top Bottom