What's new

To the Indian members here-why the special treatment for Kerala fishermen ?

Disagree, strongly.

I see it as asserting that we are a nation of new world order. Not the imperialistic world.

No matter how you word it differently, it comes out to be the same thing I wrote.

@topic: one of the killed fisherman was a tamil.. so..now? :D LTTE propaganda against Indian government and pro-Eelam-brainwashing may be affecting some of our Indian members..
REVERSE DRAVIDIAN BRAINWASHING(RDB):
1. stop believing tamil dailies, tamil politicians'
2. Dravidian parties are fake..Dravidians are not Tamils.
3. Seeman and Puli Prabhakaran all wanted to make a Tamil nation which cannot exist as it threatens other south Indian states whom are already fed up of bullying and other tactics from tamil-nadu. Karnataka,Kerala all wanted to be part of India not "tamilakom"...Tamil Vendaam...Tamile veruthachu..

Because Indian GOV want to show their influence with a nation like Italy who does not really care about India at all...But in case of Pakistan and Sri Lanka...Indian diplomacy will be tested and in that area Congi is a big fail...Because Congi can not do anything to Pakistan with fear of loosing Muslim vote and they donot have any guts to say anything to Sri Lanka with fear that Sri Lanka gov will favor China in their bussiness project....I can not imagine...how come the people of Tamilnadu even voting for their regional parties like DMK and AIDMK who always support Congress in different terms of election...

This is the most funny comment everytime coming from Indians which shows that Indians dont know about their own political atmosphere. You think that Congress doing any adventurism against Pakistan will affect the Muslim vote in India. I believe Indian Muslims do not vote considering any Pakistani factor neither they have any link with Pakistan.

as far as the fishermen dilema from all these three countries Sri Lanka, Pakistan, India all are on the same level. you detail our fishermen we detain yours. The poor fishermen from all these countries need support and help out of this issue.

The Sri Lankans have been freeing Indian fishermen but Indians have not raciprocrated in the same on many occasion.

the open poster does have a point .

Because its a routine issue with lanka and pakistan. They capture our fishermen, and we capture theirs. The killing of fishermen by guards on a merchant vessel is new. Also, it became a political issue in kerala.
I dont think you can compare these two.

Indian fishermen get killed or abducted very often in the ocean. Srilanka, pakistan etc all harass our fishermen. So why are we making such a hue and cry now ? Is it because the killed fishermen are from Kerala ? When are going to protest against sri-lanka for killing Tamils ? When are we going to protest against pakistan for placing hundreds of Indian fishermen in jail ?

For two Kerala fishermen, the state gets involved, the central government gets involved, the judiciary....everyone suddenly wants to protest...

Discrimination ?

I thought south India felt ignored... so how are we talking about special treatment for Keralites. South India almost seems like a separate nation at times.

I explained this in another thread. India is treating this incident as a milestone to test/showcase India's new standing in the global order. Interesting!
So you think Indian Muslims are traitors at heart who favor Pakistan over India?
Same can be said about supply line blocking by Pakistan after Salala incident. In both cases, innocents were killed by Western nation's soldiers and was breach of trust.

Anyways, if we allow one country to disrespect our Courts, others will do so.

Remember what US did after Salala. They still don't care about your resolution for stopping drone strikes.

So, its all about sending a message. And yeah, India is not a country that should be snubbed by EU countries.

No matter how you word it differently, it comes out to be the same thing I wrote.
You used different words pointing more towards India's new position.. India is my stated position for the last 65 years and so has been Pakistan.

Same can be said about supply line blocking by Pakistan after Salala incident. In both cases, innocents were killed by Western nation's soldiers and was breach of trust.

Anyways, if we allow one country to disrespect our Courts, others will do so.

Remember what US did after Salala. They still don't care about your resolution for stopping drone strikes.

So, its all about sending a message. And yeah, India is not a country that should be snubbed by EU countries.

Hey, you forgot to mention drones and terrorism in this topic, which is about India.

DMK-322-3.jpg

Will change nothing, DMK will play to gallery only. They know if the govt goes, there bad days will come. The corruprtion this family has done will haunt Tamilnadu..

I thought south India felt ignored... so how are we talking about special treatment for Keralites. South India almost seems like a separate nation at times.

Felt ignored ? Most technology infrastructure development goes to the south. Nanotechnology research centers, ISRO , HAL, particle accelerators....to name a few. How can the south possibly feel ignored ? India wouldn't last a week without its south. Bangalore, Madras Cochin etc are key drivers of economy, industry and technology.

Anyway, this is an offtopic reply to an offtopic question.

PS: I just realized your'e a pakistani.....forget it :lol:

Thanks everyone, reading the replies helped me get a handle on the issue. I wish we could be as assertive towards SL and pak in the future.

In our part of the world, when police can't find or arrest the real criminal.....they usualy tend to nab the culprits family members who may not be even aware of the crime committed......here the scenario represents it'self.....while the Italians have shown the birdie to the Indians....the Indians in turn are playing to the public by prohibiting the envoy from leaving...... there was some news that the Italian envoy may be deported......we will hear a lot of banter until the dust settles down. !! :D

In our part of the world, when police can't find or arrest the real criminal.....they usualy tend to nab the culprits family members who may not be even aware of the crime committed......here the scenario represents it'self.....while the Italians have shown the birdie to the Indians....the Indians in turn are playing to the public by prohibiting the envoy from leaving...... there was some news that the Italian envoy may be deported......we will hear a lot of banter until the dust settles down. !! :D

One small flaw in your analogy. If the family members are fully aware of the crime and the cirumstances in which it was committed, and then gave a sworn affidavit to a court of law to stand as surety for the accused to get bail, and then helps the accused abscond, then will the family members be arrested? Yes, they would be arrested for several charges including, but not limited to, perjury, contempt of court, obstruction of justice etc. So don't compare the Italian ambassador to innocent family members ignorant of their relatives' crime. That sort of thing only happens in tribal societies, where the family or village gets collective punishment for the crime of an individual.

Another difference to note is that we are NOT going to try the ambassador for the crimes committed by the marines. We will try him only for the crimes HE committed, and the oaths to the supreme court that he violated, after himself petitioning the supreme court.

Thanks everyone, reading the replies helped me get a handle on the issue. I wish we could be as assertive towards SL and pak in the future.

YOU CAN NOT because you also detaine and mistreat their fishermen

I suppose south, north, east, west and central India can muster reasonings to feel ignored for one thing or another. But no, there is no special "south" feeling ignored from the rest of India feeling. Maybe in the east, but not in the south. The southern states have much better social, educational and economic conditions than most of central India.

Also, south India is four different states with different languages, culture, politics and identity from each other. They aren't one homogenous group that could feel like "a" country. Most states in India could be a country in itself, if you consider the diversity. They would all still be bigger countries than most medium sized European countries.

Back
Top Bottom