What's new

To the Indian members here-why the special treatment for Kerala fishermen ?

There you said it - these two parties have opportunitic morons at the top and it is causing much damage to the Tamil fishermen. Karunanidhi the local culprit who was in cahoots with Indira when she gave away Katchatheevu illegaly to SL in 1970s and many shooting incidents happen around this island's waters.

But the fishermen in Jaffna/Thalaimannar also dont like our motored trawlers using crazy nets and killing fish wealth in their waters.

Thats the real reason,our fishermen are not saints.

And the TN fishermen are killed at the maritime territory illegally marked by Indira in 1970s when she granted Katchatheevu to SL - mind it - it is illegal as it was not ratified by 2 houses as should have been the situation as per Indian constitution.

TN to move SC seeking to expedite Katchatheevu case - The Hindu

- So in short while I support the strongest response to Italy by GOI related to the Kerala Fishermen time and again I have seen marked indifference with fellow Indians against TN fishermen shooting incidents.

Ofcourse I am blaming only the local TN leaders who are opportunistic morons like Karunanidhis and Jayas and MGRs who replaced tall leaders like Anna and Kamaraj as was the phenomenon elsewhere in the country.

what mistakes did MGr & Jaya commit like the katchatheevu case?

Bro - while I do not deny his support for Lankan cause, I am inclined to think he did not do much to retrieve Katchatheevu and was supporting Congress at the center during his time.

Nothing but another opportunistic stroke by this moron who is ditching UPA like a rat from the burning ship and wants to tap into people's sentiments against SL war crimes for vote bank political reasons.

MGR was always in power with the Janata Party and against Congress,Mu Ka aligned with Congress and even beat MGR in the 1980 lok sabha elections.

One small flaw in your analogy. If the family members are fully aware of the crime and the cirumstances in which it was committed, and then gave a sworn affidavit to a court of law to stand as surety for the accused to get bail, and then helps the accused abscond, then will the family members be arrested? Yes, they would be arrested for several charges including, but not limited to, perjury, contempt of court, obstruction of justice etc. So don't compare the Italian ambassador to innocent family members ignorant of their relatives' crime. That sort of thing only happens in tribal societies, where the family or village gets collective punishment for the crime of an individual.

Another difference to note is that we are NOT going to try the ambassador for the crimes committed by the marines. We will try him only for the crimes HE committed, and the oaths to the supreme court that he violated, after himself petitioning the supreme court.

You guys made a spectacle of the whole scenario.....you accused the Marines of murder hence they are criminals then it's a Merry go round....home for X-Mas.....home for voting....what next....engagement party or a break for harvesting the next Lambrusco batch. The envoy will probably declared Persona non grata, gets deported and the chest thumping is complete. !!

You guys made a spectacle of the whole scenario.....you accused the Marines of murder hence they are criminals then it's a Merry go round....home for X-Mas.....home for voting....what next....engagement party or a break for harvesting the next Lambrusco batch. The envoy will probably declared Persona non grata, gets deported and the chest thumping is complete. !!

If your intention is to laugh at "us guys" in glee, by all means, continue. I was only pointing out the fact that you made a flawed analogy, which is true.

Hey, you forgot to mention drones and terrorism in this topic, which is about India.
Actually when people can't understand a simple case of betrayal by a country and justice to its own citizen, I have to give this analogy so that they can somehow understand it.

See its damn hard to make a person see the reality who often finds conspiracy theories and find some other ulterior motive rather than a simple fact of protecting national interest and pride.

Indian fishermen get killed or abducted very often in the ocean. Srilanka, pakistan etc all harass our fishermen. So why are we making such a hue and cry now ? Is it because the killed fishermen are from Kerala ? When are going to protest against sri-lanka for killing Tamils ? When are we going to protest against pakistan for placing hundreds of Indian fishermen in jail ?

For two Kerala fishermen, the state gets involved, the central government gets involved, the judiciary....everyone suddenly wants to protest...

Discrimination ?

this is a peculiar case where they amounted to contempt of court.they lied to us which is hits our sovereignty..

How many Srilankan fishermen have we killed so far???

@topic: one of the killed fisherman was a tamil.. so..now? :D LTTE propaganda against Indian government and pro-Eelam-brainwashing may be affecting some of our Indian members..
REVERSE DRAVIDIAN BRAINWASHING(RDB):
1. stop believing tamil dailies, tamil politicians'
2. Dravidian parties are fake..Dravidians are not Tamils.
3. Seeman and Puli Prabhakaran all wanted to make a Tamil nation which cannot exist as it threatens other south Indian states whom are already fed up of bullying and other tactics from tamil-nadu. Karnataka,Kerala all wanted to be part of India not "tamilakom"...Tamil Vendaam...Tamile veruthachu..

how is this rant related to the topic ?

But the fishermen in Jaffna/Thalaimannar also dont like our motored trawlers using crazy nets and killing fish wealth in their waters.

Thats the real reason,our fishermen are not saints.

what mistakes did MGr & Jaya commit like the katchatheevu case?

MGR was always in power with the Janata Party and against Congress,Mu Ka aligned with Congress and even beat MGR in the 1980 lok sabha elections.

And the end of the day, it is all about the question of a country's maritime territory - the use of motored trawlers and monofilament nets banned in SL but not in India - again it all boils down to Katchatheevu and the subsequent drawing of boundaries.

NGR was CM for couple of periods and later Jaya - why does she has to raise the Katchatheevu issue in Madurai highcourt only recently? isn't it an opportunistic politics? and what did MGR do during that period and aligning with Congress in 1984 as well -

And the end of the day, it is all about the question of a country's maritime territory - the use of motored trawlers and monofilament nets banned in SL but not in India - again it all boils down to Katchatheevu and the subsequent drawing of boundaries.

NGR was CM for couple of periods and later Jaya - why does she has to raise the Katchatheevu issue in Madurai highcourt only recently? isn't it an opportunistic politics? and what did MGR do during that period and aligning with Congress in 1984 as well -

bro, this time also the resolutions has been watered down by amendments introduced by upa.....i feel a seething anger inside....best not to discuss it......lankan tamils paying for the distrust of some people on indian tamils due to anti-hindi agitations...they are also the root cause why the plight of indian tamil fishermen are ignored.....

bro, this time also the resolutions has been watered down by amendments introduced by upa.....i feel a seething anger inside....best not to discuss it......lankan tamils paying for the distrust of some people on indian tamils due to anti-hindi agitations...they are also the root cause why the plight of indian tamil fishermen are ignored.....

Not just anti-hindi agitations if I look at couple of posts above I am beginning to think it is also the dam issue on the Kerala border and the Cauvery water issue as well(though Cauvery issue will be layed to rest once for all) ;)

But the main reason the UPA or other central powers do not support Lanka Tamil issue actively (except for India's convenience sake like signing the 1987 Rajiv-Wardene accord to prevent a rumoured US base in Trincomalee) is because of the fears against the Tamil Nationalism which was there in 1940s and 50s which quietened in TN after Nehru assured non-enforcement of Hindi as national language but still plays in the minds of people at the center when formulating their strategies.

But I have stopped discussing with other Indians as it is a exercise in failure. And I do not care what they think. But with the coalition politics we have better leverage now except we do not have right leaders to take advantage of that.

But I have stopped discussing with other Indians as it is a exercise in failure. And I do not care what they think. .

true that.....its as if they have the monopoly on national interest and strategic interest....

and the most idiotic and ironic thing is the so called right wingers themselves not understanding the issue that this is also about the saivite culture and still supporting the singalas.......

Not just anti-hindi agitations if I look at couple of posts above I am beginning to think it is also the dam issue on the Kerala border and the Cauvery water issue as well(though Cauvery issue will be layed to rest once for all) ;)

But the main reason the UPA or other central powers do not support Lanka Tamil issue actively (except for India's convenience sake like signing the 1987 Rajiv-Wardene accord to prevent a rumoured US base in Trincomalee) is because of the fears against the Tamil Nationalism which was there in 1940s and 50s which quietened in TN after Nehru assured non-enforcement of Hindi as national language but still plays in the minds of people at the center when formulating their strategies.

But I have stopped discussing with other Indians as it is a exercise in failure. And I do not care what they think. But with the coalition politics we have better leverage now except we do not have right leaders to take advantage of that.

Thats always the problem,

These guys even went to the extent of doing serious sabotage and killed Rajiv in 1991.

If Tamil Nationalism was so important,then there wud have been no Congress/Communist in 1947 or before.

If we have to save TN from the scoundrels of DK/DMK,we have to adopt this strategy.

Else TN ll become a wasteland and pretty much like Ealam.

The problem is a mixed,divisive and flawed personalities like Periyar/Anna/Mu ka are over hero worshipped in TN just like some washed up commies in WB.

Someone who called Aug 15,1947 a black day and tried talking to Jinnah about separation cant be hero worshipped in India.

Admired/appreciated is okay but state board students today put Kamaraj/Periyar/Anna on the same plank,which is atrocious.

Of course congressmen like Rajaji/Ma Po Si are big villains.

true that.....its as if they have the monopoly on national interest and strategic interest....

and the most idiotic and ironic thing is the so called right wingers themselves not understanding the issue that this is also about the saivite culture and still supporting the singalas.......

Yeah but Prabhakaran's group were slaughtering Saiva Velallars in Colombo and anyone who stood against him got slaughtered.

Somehow the christians of Srilanka in both Sinhalese/Tamil had nothing happening to them but the saiva vellalrs of TULF died one by one.

MGR was hospitalized in 1984 and the 3 years till 1987 he was almost invalid to do anything,

Jaya was CM enough and Katchatheevu was always a problem but not problematic enough back then,

regarding the Trawlers and the Nets,our guys go over to the other side because the fish supply here is dead already and thus go to the other side.

we cant go over to the otherside and try to dominate,they ll try to shoot us,it is normal.

And moreover,LTTE used this route extensively and they have great contacts even today in Vedaranyam/Nagapattinam/Arnthangi/Pattukottai,

so the SL Navy ll look at normal fishermen also with suspicion.

I ll totally blame DK/DMK/MDMK for this whole mess and putting the lives of innocent fishermen in danger.

They give war cries like tamizhan vellanum,singalavan saaganum and all,normal people get charged up and try to act aggressive against trained soldiers and someone ll get pissed off and pull the trigger.

Yeah but Prabhakaran's group were slaughtering Saiva Velallars in Colombo and anyone who stood against him got slaughtered.

Somehow the christians of Srilanka in both Sinhalese/Tamil had nothing happening to them but the saiva vellalrs of TULF died one by one.

that bullshit.....unless india stopped supporting the ltte, they had no connections with western groups.....and almost all the top honchos of ltte were practising saivite hindus..only after india abandoned the ltte they had to look for alternate sources of funding and the western groups filled the vaccuum. Stil prabhakaran himself raised his second son, the kid, a hindu......

and guess who aided prabhakaran in killing the TULF along with EPRLF, PLOTE......yeah its RAW.......

we cant go over to the otherside and try to dominate,they ll try to shoot us,it is normal.

no its not....by agreement they were bound to let us fish in the waters......

And moreover,LTTE used this route extensively and they have great contacts even today in Vedaranyam/Nagapattinam/Arnthangi/Pattukottai,

so the SL Navy ll look at normal fishermen also with suspicion.

ltte this...ltte that......ltte has been dead for 4 years now......what is the rationale for shooting fishermen even now....last week some fishermen were again fired upon.....

I ll totally blame DK/DMK/MDMK for this whole mess and putting the lives of innocent fishermen in danger.

yeah blame everything on dmk.....i can clearly sense a caste anti-pathy in your posts......

They give war cries like tamizhan vellanum,singalavan saaganum and all,normal people get charged up and try to act aggressive against trained soldiers and someone ll get pissed off and pull the trigger.

so what ? they were supposed to sit quiet in face of the state backed discrimination against them.....?

and anyway that is not the problem now with the ltte done, dusted and buried.....so why are the fishermen being attacked even now ?

Thats always the problem,

These guys even went to the extent of doing serious sabotage and killed Rajiv in 1991.

If Tamil Nationalism was so important,then there wud have been no Congress/Communist in 1947 or before.

If we have to save TN from the scoundrels of DK/DMK,we have to adopt this strategy.

Else TN ll become a wasteland and pretty much like Ealam.

The problem is a mixed,divisive and flawed personalities like Periyar/Anna/Mu ka are over hero worshipped in TN just like some washed up commies in WB.

Someone who called Aug 15,1947 a black day and tried talking to Jinnah about separation cant be hero worshipped in India.

Admired/appreciated is okay but state board students today put Kamaraj/Periyar/Anna on the same plank,which is atrocious.

Of course congressmen like Rajaji/Ma Po Si are big villains.

I'll be frank....Why so much hate against DMK/DK...is it because of their anti-brahmin attitude....guess what > 90% of Tamils dont give a hoot to it........that does not matter to us.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom