What's new

To the Indian members here-why the special treatment for Kerala fishermen ?

And the TN fishermen are killed at the maritime territory illegally marked by Indira in 1970s when she granted Katchatheevu to SL - mind it - it is illegal as it was not ratified by 2 houses as should have been the situation as per Indian constitution.

TN to move SC seeking to expedite Katchatheevu case - The Hindu

- So in short while I support the strongest response to Italy by GOI related to the Kerala Fishermen time and again I have seen marked indifference with fellow Indians against TN fishermen shooting incidents.

Ofcourse I am blaming only the local TN leaders who are opportunistic morons like Karunanidhis and Jayas and MGRs who replaced tall leaders like Anna and Kamaraj as was the phenomenon elsewhere in the country.

Unfortunately, that is partially true,Some of the shooting did happened near Kachthevu,Which was illegally given away to SL by a despot PM,but some others also happened very close to Srilankan shores.During the civil war,SL navy had no control over those part of the Srilankan maritime boundary,So our fishermen could be able to exploit this advantage to great financial benefits.So they built up a big fishing fleet,but now the sea they used to fish no longer under their control.And that's the problem.Marked indifference happened because of a spineless govt.Look how those Italians marines got away.Is that what you call justice.

sashan at tht time the lankans were allowing our fishermen to fish in the waters and there was not much problem.....it was only in the late 90s that they started firing on tamil fishermen on the grounds they were supporting ltte.......

That is true :tup: - we need leaders - yaaru centerkum matha Indianskum oru bayam varavalaikka mudiyumoe antha maathiri thalaivarkal - so that bogeyman of aayirathu thozhayirathu naarpathu imbathukazhil irunda TN mela irunda bayam maathiri so that Seenathu bogeyman will be replaced with this bogeyman and foreign policy of GOI will be shaped by this bogeyman - illada intha SL tamil pirachanaioo illa TN fishermen pirachanaioo naama kavanikalanaa TN oru maadiri aayidumkara bayam.

Unfortunately, that is partially true,Some of the shooting did happened near Kachthevu,Which was illegally given away to SL by a despot PM,but some others also happened very close to Srilankan shores.During the civil war,SL navy had no control over those part of the Srilankan maritime boundary,So our fishermen could be able to exploit this advantage to great financial benefits.So they built up a big fishing fleet,but now the sea they used to fish no longer under their control.And that's the problem.Marked indifference happened because of a spineless govt.Look how those Italians marines got away.Is that what you call justice.

I would blame center only partially for this mess just for the reason they did not forcefully oppose SC letting marines travel to Italy - the SC need to take the major blame in this one - Esteemed judges handling this case let the marines go without assessing whether Ambassador can be held responsible without the diplomatic immunity.

That is true :tup: - we need leaders - yaaru centerkum matha Indianskum oru bayam varavalaikka mudiyumoe antha maathiri thalaivarkal - so that bogeyman of aayirathu thozhayirathu naarpathu imbathukazhil irunda TN mela irunda bayam maathiri so that Seena bogeyman will be replaced with this bogeyman and foreign policy of GOI will be shaped by this bogeyman - illada intha SL tamil pirachanaioo illa TN fishermen pirachanaioo naama kavanikalanaa TN oru maadiri aayidumkara bayam.

bayam/bogeyman nu naan solla matten....aana kuranja patcham....tamizhanum indian thaan, naamum indian thaan....so tamilar kaloda prichanayum, namma prichana thaan ngra ninaipu varanum....ippo athu illa.....unmai ennana tamizh nattuku veliya irukira maanilathavargalukku sri lankan tamil prichanai pathi oru mayirum theriyathu.....single reason avanga en singalavanukku support panranga na...aayirathu thozhayirathu arupthugalil nadantha hindi ethirpu porattam thaan.....antha mana kudaichal innum avanga manadha vittu pogala.....:rolleyes:

bayam/bogeyman nu naan solla matten....aana kuranja patcham....tamizhanum indian thaan, naamum indian thaan....so tamilar kaloda prichanayum, namma prichana thaan ngra ninaipu varanum....ippo athu illa.....unmai ennana tamizh nattuku veliya irukira maanilathavargalukku sri lankan tamil prichanai pathi oru mayirum theriyathu.....single reason avanga en singalavanukku support panranga na...aayirathu thozhayirathu arupthugalil nadantha hindi ethirpu porattam thaan.....antha mana kudaichal innum avanga manadha vittu pogala.....:rolleyes:

bro - I agree tamilan intha naatodathaan irukaanum but antha aayirathu naarpathukazhil irunda bayamthaan aayirathu arupathukazhil mathiyila irukavangala bayamuruthiyathu but naam enn kavalai padanum matra maanilathu kaaranga enna ninnaikka porangaanu - I was expecting some sort of sentiments supporting certain causes - but athu ivanga kitta ethir paarka mudiyaathu - evan romba satham podaraanoo avanukku thaan mathiyila irukavangaloda kavanippu irukkum athaan solla vandaen. sikiyakzhal aayirathu embathukazhil irundu kaathutu irukaanga ethaachum antha genocideku ethaachum vazhi pirakumaa endru aanaa evan pesaraaan athaa pathi - athae maathiri kaashmeerathu inthukkal pirachanayai evan pesaraaan - athuvae irandiyathu rendu pirachanaiyaa evaloo perusaa ellarum peraraanga.

at the end of the day evan ovaraa satham podaraano avanukkuthaan intha naatula kavanippu jasthi.

hundredds of tamil fishermen have been killed till now......

What meant was Europeans killing our men in Our waters,and getting caught.
true that lot or tamil fishemen bing killed by Srilankans.

hundredds of tamil fishermen have been killed till now......

bro...hw does it matter who kills our fishermen.....a sri lankan navy is also a foreign navy......and if india wanted we could have caught so many sri lankans.......

Indian fishermen get killed or abducted very often in the ocean. Srilanka, pakistan etc all harass our fishermen. So why are we making such a hue and cry now ? Is it because the killed fishermen are from Kerala ? When are going to protest against sri-lanka for killing Tamils ? When are we going to protest against pakistan for placing hundreds of Indian fishermen in jail ?

For two Kerala fishermen, the state gets involved, the central government gets involved, the judiciary....everyone suddenly wants to protest...

Discrimination ?

three fishermen killed in that incident ,two from Kerala and one frm TN ...why ignored TN fisherman ?

Most of the incidents you mentioned occurred in disputed area's or in their regions ...but this Italian marines shooting occurred in Indian waters that is the biggest difference

bro...hw does it matter who kills our fishermen.....a sri lankan navy is also a foreign navy......and if india wanted we could have caught so many sri lankans.......

We should have. Really i also feel the same. Personally for a few days i too personally was the part of strikes demanding Justice for tamils in lanka. We keralites joined our tamil friends from our college and became the part of the protests in nagercoil. we as Indians are with you.

We should have. Really i also feel the same. Personally for a few days i too personally was the part of strikes demanding Justice for tamils in lanka. We keralites joined our tamil friends from our college and became the part of the protests in nagercoil. we as Indians are with you.

thanks man.......:tup:

three fishermen killed in that incident ,two from Kerala and one frm TN ...why ignored TN fisherman ?

Most of the incidents you mentioned occurred in disputed areas or in their regions ...but this Italian marines shooting occurred in Indian waters that is the biggest difference

Dude, this is like comparing the other rapes with Nirbhay's rape. Why ignore the others?

The situation was not a common one and certainly it caught the attention of the world as Italy a ranking memeber of EU is involved. Not a third world country..

Let it slide, you and niether the TN fishermen are Victims of discrimination, only the victims of situation.

Discrimination ?

I explained this in another thread.

India is treating this incident as a milestone to test/showcase India's new standing in the global order.

Because Congi can not do anything to Pakistan with fear of loosing Muslim vote

Interesting!
So you think Indian Muslims are traitors at heart who favor Pakistan over India?

I explained this in another thread.

India is treating this incident as a milestone to test/showcase India's new standing in the global order.
Disagree, strongly.

I see it as asserting that we are a nation of new world order. Not the imperialistic world.

Interesting!
So you think Indian Muslims are traitors at heart who favor Pakistan over India?
Maybe he means that but there are people who are with Pakistan (Read Islam), have met some. But in minority.

thanks man.......:tup:

I was at first under the impression that we shouldn't peep into the internal affairs of sri lanka and all. I always wondered why tamils in India are condcerned about stuff in Sri lanka. but now i understand what its for you guys. If you guys are hurt the entire nation must and will stand with you.

Indian fishermen get killed or abducted very often in the ocean. Srilanka, pakistan etc all harass our fishermen. So why are we making such a hue and cry now ? Is it because the killed fishermen are from Kerala ? When are going to protest against sri-lanka for killing Tamils ? When are we going to protest against pakistan for placing hundreds of Indian fishermen in jail ?

For two Kerala fishermen, the state gets involved, the central government gets involved, the judiciary....everyone suddenly wants to protest...

Discrimination ?

Simply because in Enrica lexie case, Kerala's fisherman had been wronged.The marines shot those fisherman in Indian/International water and are thus the aggressor party.The dispute is regarding "Where they should be tried ?".

In case of Indian fisherman transgressing into Sri lankan or Pakistani waters,the fisherman are aggressors and Sri Lanka and Pakistan is aggrieved party which could take action to protect their right according to UNCOLS which India,Pakistan,Sri Lanka and Italy are signatories.

Simply put,Indian fisherman has no business to fish in waters of other countries.What moral and legal standing does GoI has in this intervene in this matter.

DMK has pulled out its support - coalition crisis - mid term elections?

More like lover's tiff rather than ultimate showdown.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom