What's new

India drops out of 2012 PISA test

Look at the top right corner of those 3 pictures.

96095700_47856090_middle.jpg
96095771_47856090_middle.jpg

First chart (reading test) from left to right

Shanghai, S Korea, Finland, Hongkong, Singapore, Zhejiang, Japan, USA, Germany, Framce, UK

Brilliant performance:

Math (second chart):
International 496
Shanghai 600 perfect score; Zhejiang 598; Nationwide 550

- for chart readers from left to right: Shanghai, Zhejiang Province, Singapore, S Korea, Finland,
Japan, Germany, France, UK, USA

Science (3rd chart):
International: 501
SH: 575; ZJ: 567; Nationwide: 524

- for chart readers from left to right: Shanghai, Zhejiang Province, Japan, S Korea, Germany, UK, USA, France,

Brilliant performance:

Math (second chart):
International 496
Shanghai 600 perfect score; Zhejiang 598; Nationwide 550

Science:
International: 501

SH: 575; ZJ: 567; Nationwide: 524

I couldn't see the pictures

Whatever host that is doesn't like my proxy :(

I couldn't see the pictures

Whatever host that is doesn't like my proxy :(

do you see the chart @post 196 now?

The teachers and kids en masse haven't let us down in the crazy world of witching hunting and dispicably rampant cheerleading!

They live on meager educational supplies and still do so well - my Great Great Respect to the participants there from my Country!

I hope they can be better @ 2012 tests come the results in 2013! But even if they are not doing just as well. it is our fault for not providing enough to the impoverished! We still have over 100 million of our folks living under the poverty line!

Uhm, where to start? Many misconceptions on PISA and IQ here... !

The two are very positively correlated, so much so that PISA has been widely taken in HBD sphere as THE proxy of average IQ.

One of the main reasons that IQ of the Western countries, e.g. Germany/Netherlands/UK, have varied a lot in recent years is due to the influx of mass immgiration of people from different ethnic origins, which also depend on which wave/s of them (aka 1st gen? 2nd gen?) were reflected on the corresponding IQ/PISA tests under discussion...

Of the entire www as far as I 'm aware the following is the best writeup (and some of the comments there, mine included of course :D )on the issue aprt from the one by Steve Sailer, in terms of quality, reliability of info and depth/accuracy of the analysis:

Analysis Of China’s PISA 2009 Results | Anatoly Karlin

Another related piece of AK is also quite informative:

The Evolution Of Chinese IQ | Anatoly Karlin

do you see the chart @post 196 now?

The teachers and kids en masse haven't let us down in the crazy world of witching hunting and dispicably rampant cheerleading!

They live on meager educational supplies and still do so well - my Great Great Respect to the participants there from my Country!

I hope they can be better @ 2012 tests come the results in 2013! But even if they are not doing just as well. it is our fault for not providing enough to the impoverished! We still have over 100 million of our folks living under the poverty line!

I still couldn't.. Oh well :)

And yes, big big respect to the students from the rural areas. I would value their scores a little bit more than the ones from the cities, because they deserved it.

I still couldn't.. Oh well :)

And yes, big big respect to the students from the rural areas. I would value their scores a little bit more than the ones from the cities, because they deserved it.

You can check into Speeder 2's first link @post 199. There is a glimpse of the scores for all the Chinese (and ethnic) students (China, Zhejiang, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Singapore)

Fine guys, Indians are dumb and stupid and lack every characteristic of innovative and high IQ person.

Hope MODs close this thread now. I think most of the points regarding India have been discussed in 14 pages.

Anyone who is sitting on the board of the education department for the primary school education will be in great trouble by dropping out of this internationally recognised and respected evaluation. This will cost their career in the severest sense in any country, except one or may be two!

It is worse than flunking the test badly. It is giving up altogether irresponsibly!

Anyone who is sitting on the board of the education department for the primary school education will be in great trouble by dropping out of this internationally recognised and respected evaluation. This will cost their career in the severest sense in any country, except one or may be two!

It is worse than flunking the test badly. It is giving up altogether irresponsibly!
Are you serious...?Such officials in india instead get awarded by none other than the Govt of india themselves.

Fine guys, Indians are dumb and stupid and lack every characteristic of innovative and high IQ person.

Hope MODs close this thread now. I think most of the points regarding India have been discussed in 14 pages.
Haath kangan ko aarsi kya,padhe likhey ko farsi kya(You don't need a mirror to see the things that are visible .....you are expected to know farsi if you call yourself educated)

State of education can be seen from the result they produce in the form of delayed projects.no innovation.....Indian education system was designed by british as such to produce educated coolies for their offices and since then even after 66 yrs of independence it has remain same.

for majority of Indians being fed well is more important than this worthless test.

we need a sticky thread for Chinese cheap imitations and counterfeit products to bring awareness to the people about these hazardous products . But mods had closed my thread :hitwall:

for majority of Indians being fed well is more important than this worthless test.

worthless? there are more things that are worthless than this test! it doent appear getting their people well-fed is india's top priority either!

Are you serious...?Such officials in india instead get awarded by none other than the Govt of india themselves.

just my comment out of very very common sense for the quitters

Half of Class 5 kids can’t read Class 2 texts

An authoritative annual report on the status of school education in India has confirmed the bad news from the international PISA ratings last month.

The Annual Status of Education Report (ASER) 2011, prepared by the NGO Pratham, shows that both reading and arithmetic abilities — already disappointing — have further worsened since last year.

The report was released by Human Resource Development Minister Kapil Sibal today. The PISA ratings put Indian children at the bottom of the global heap in the test of scholastic performance.

The all-India figure for the proportion of children in Class 5 able to read a Class 2 text has dropped from 53.7% in 2010 to 48.2% in 2011, shows ASER. The decline is most pronounced in the northern states. Gujarat, Punjab and Tamil Nadu have, however, improved since 2010.

The fall in arithmetic abilities is seen across all states. Nationally, the proportion of Class 3 children able to solve a 2-digit subtraction problem with borrowing has dropped from 36.3% in 2010 to 29.9% in 2011. Among Class 5 children, the ability to do similar subtraction problems has dropped from 70.9% in 2010 to 61.0% in 2011.

Sibal called for a “proactive” role from states, saying the responsibility of education lay “squarely on their shoulders”.

The Pratham report, however, shows improvement in enrolment levels. A total 96.7% of 6-14-year-olds in rural India are now enrolled in school, and the dropout rate has been arrested considerably.

Pratham

Back
Top Bottom