What's new

China is Cheating the World Student Rankings System Read more: World Student Rankings: China Is Che

CNN said if the US had cherry picked a state of 7 million into the test they would have come 6th overall, that was Massachusetts. Still 60 - 80 points below that of Shanghai-China a city of 25 million.

The truth is, out of all of highest performing participants. Most are small nations, combine any 3 chinese cities and the number of student number will surpass those countries and you will get almost identical results to what shanghai represented.

After all, China is a developing country with a low mid income level. That fact alone makes the chinese education system best in the world, despite Shanghai being the largest city in China, on a per capita basis it is no richer than other provinces with up to a hundred million people and this means the similar resources at their disposal.

See? thats what i have been telling everyone. all this including their IQ stats are fabricated.

they dont come anywhere near us in actual high level education

IIM Ahmedabad among top 39 elite business schools in the world

Do you even understand how meaningless this statistic is ??

1. Business schools select students on many criteria. GMAT is just a bare minimum entrance standard. If Harvard or Stanford wanted an average class with a perfect 800 GMAT, I guarantee you they could have it. If you have 680 GMAT or above, that's all they care about. They select for other more important factors after that like your achievements and undergraduate school.
2. The average Indian GMAT score of the entering class (people accepted, excluding those rejected) is also pretty meaningless and an even more skewed test statistic than a test given to a city of 20 million like Shanghai.
3. Top 39 elite business school?? Are you kidding me? Who cares? Let me know when you at least crack the Top 20

Why people takes this kind of test that seriously, I would never know

But judging from the post quality in this thread, I would say there are not lacking idiot from both side of the pond

A valid argument contain hard fact and reference, seems like this thread looks more like a dick measure contest than any argument, mod should close this thread already

I advise our Indian friends to stop being so butthurt and let it go. It's not an embarrassment to lose to us, you know? Now if you fall behind Africa, a country ravage by chaotic, then yes that is more embarrassment.

Look, as a Shanghainese, I consider we are quite smart but not even the best in China. We consider Zhejiang and Beijing comparable or even better than us, especially Zhejiang.

For the PISA test score, it only show our kids are advancing rapidly in knowledge base and we already know our kids are some of the best in the world. That how we do in the Chinese way. We are the best student regardless of where we are located. You see in America, we dominated SAT and all the advance institution as student ratio. When I was a student, people ask me why I'm so smart. I was dumbfound why they ask such stupid question. I'm not smart, it's just that you are stupid.

Everybody in China knows our low education system is far better than the US. It's the high-education system like university level that we are trying to improve and match the US. The lack of professional lecturers, resources, and a state-involvement led to its being underdeveloped to its full potential.

@Fattyacids . here is so called top from China

'They’re not super clever – just study machines’
Shanghai PISA pupils: 'They’re not super clever – just study machines’ - Telegraph

It comes as little surprise to me that Shanghai students rate among the world’s best in PISA scores. The city’s schools are the most competitive in a country where attaining top exam results is the sole aim of education.

The reason is simple; to gain entry to the next level of the system from primary school onwards, schools rely only on testing. The higher ranked the middle school, high school or university, the higher the requirements for entry. Thus, from a young age, students get thrown into an endless cycle of learning, preparing for, and taking exams.

The best students are not in fact super clever, great thinkers or `future academics; they are simply extremely hard-working study machines who memorise and churn out answers for tests in minutes. They spend all their time on study, revision, homework, “pre-study” (a term I’d never encountered until arriving in China), learning test techniques, and taking practice papers.

@Fattyacids . here is so called top from China

'They’re not super clever – just study machines’
Shanghai PISA pupils: 'They’re not super clever – just study machines’ - Telegraph

It comes as little surprise to me that Shanghai students rate among the world’s best in PISA scores. The city’s schools are the most competitive in a country where attaining top exam results is the sole aim of education.

The reason is simple; to gain entry to the next level of the system from primary school onwards, schools rely only on testing. The higher ranked the middle school, high school or university, the higher the requirements for entry. Thus, from a young age, students get thrown into an endless cycle of learning, preparing for, and taking exams.

The best students are not in fact super clever, great thinkers or `future academics; they are simply extremely hard-working study machines who memorise and churn out answers for tests in minutes. They spend all their time on study, revision, homework, “pre-study” (a term I’d never encountered until arriving in China), learning test techniques, and taking practice papers.

Good try but...........Obviously you fail PISA too. Your Indian education is unable to help your simple mind figure out (In real life) what PISA is all about.

What makes PISA different
PISA is unique because it develops tests which are not directly linked to the school curriculum. The tests are designed to assess to what extent students at the end of compulsory education, can apply their knowledge to real-life situations and be equipped for full participation in society.

Good try but...........Obviously you fail PISA too. Your Indian education is unable to help your simple mind figure out (In real life) what PISA is all about.

What makes PISA different
PISA is unique because it develops tests which are not directly linked to the school curriculum. The tests are designed to assess to what extent students at the end of compulsory education, can apply their knowledge to real-life situations and be equipped for full participation in society.

Faking numbers, fudging the variables does not make you anything but a cheat. We see time and time again that the chinese, when outside the great wall of fudged stats, are mediocre achievers in other countries.

It is but one city and not china. and then too forced by the parents is not work ethic. I look to what they do in other countries, in terms of success measures, which is average at best.

Did your wife gone with a Chinese? Which made you so angry?

:lol: I don't think your men are considered good looking to any other races, your women on the other hand can be called exoctic.

Faking numbers, fudging the variables does not make you anything but a cheat. We see time and time again that the chinese, when outside the great wall of fudged stats, are mediocre achievers in other countries.

Yep....definitely a poor reader.

Last edited:
It is but one city and not china. and then too forced by the parents is not work ethic. I look to what they do in other countries, in terms of success measures, which is average at best.

i think you know you are wrong.

Chinese do have work ethic. it is in fact the single most noticeable factor shared by almost all mongoloids that primarily contributed to their success. we indians on the other hand tend to do less and "think"and talk more which makes us appear far more intelligent on a forum

^^^
Nope you guys couldn't make a rational argument on an Internet forum to save your life. That's why today's India will always be tomorrow's India and the rest of the world will just pass you by.

Back
Top Bottom