What's new

How Bengali language developed

Wait, don't tell me, another alternate Id made by Manvan? Damn it at least Manvan and Anjaneya sounded classy. What's with "lingalinga"?

I concur. Lord Manvan chose a rather bad name this time.
Indigenously developed surface-to-air Akash missile test-fired successfully | Page 2

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

....here is another one,

Birds of a feather flock together. :disagree:

I love to see the self righteous collect to pat themselves on the back. Nothing quite like seeing Smug Mugs in action. :enjoy:

Just one more question mate. What was wrong with Pratisargaparva? Why didn't you stick with that? :angry:

He'll get banned again, IF it is an alternate Id. Well points for dogged persistence. This asura really does miss his ilk, I swear I cannot digest a single morsel of meat till I am told by some well meaning fellow that I shall burn in hell for it.:partay:

I carry on with the sound hope and knowledge that eventually, everyone's going to land up there. We Adharmis are gonna have one BIG Party there!:yahoo:

I carry on with the sound hope and knowledge that eventually, everyone's going to land up there. We Adharmis are gonna have one BIG Party there!:yahoo:

Yes! As long as Sartre and Foucault et al are present there too! IF NOT then god and I are going to have words, and in that eventuality I fear for the poor bloke's safety.

Yes! As long as Sartre and Foucault et al are present there too! IF NOT then god and I are going to have words, and in that eventuality I fear for the poor bloke's safety.

Isn't he the ultimate creator. So yeah, all our sins are really his own. :devil:

A true leader must have enough spine to stand alone in a crowd, even when the crowd wants to take the easy way home. Its a lesson every leader must learn.

And Its always lonely at the top.

Senti kar diya.:cray:

A true leader must have enough spine to stand alone in a crowd, even when the crowd wants to take the easy way home. Its a lesson every leader must learn.

And Its always lonely at the top.

Self aggrandizement much?

What have you been leading? The gaggle of gorillas who've been swatting their haunches at the corner yonder?

Bangladesh has an literacy rate of less than 60%. Rest 40% read some language or other. So 90% is ....
Meantime please go through the link (from he Dhaka University Studies) below:-

academia.edu/3788700/Language_Situation_in_Bangladesh

Page 8 Trend of Foreign Language Use in Various Social Settings: religious and educational

"There are, however, some situations where either people use or require using a second language for their special purposes in some extraordinary social settings including educational, religious and official ones. For example, they use

any of the language of Arabic, Sanskrit or Pali for their religious purposes and English or Urdu/Arabic for their educational purposes. Though they use one of these languages as a second language in various social settings, they donot have an equal level of proficiency in these languages.

In the educational setting, a section of the people use English or Urdu/Arabic language for the purpose of attaining an education. Although the common people of the country receive education given through Bangla medium,there are other sections of people who receive education through English or Urdu/Arabic medium. The people of the elite community prefer to receive a Western education through English medium in the English medium institutions.Again, there are many Muslims, who bear fundamental values of Islam, feel satisfied to receive ‘pure’ educationthrough the mixed media of Urdu and Arabic in Madrasha. The people being educated in the special institutions would use their mother tongue Bangla in common social settings, and English and Urdu/Arabic in their educational ones.Through the process of being educated in the media in English or Urdu/Arabic, only some of them can attain a certaindegree of control over these languages. These people often switch from one code (English or Urdu/Arabic) to another (Bangla) and vice versa in the educational settings.
"

Finally, its heart breaking to see people from a country which got independence for language movement, the movement date refered by UNESCO as world language date wants to change it since it is not that Islamic.
As per my knowledge Islam has nothing to do with language, I know a guy who teaches Sanskrit in a College in West Bengal (he was 1class 1st in MA from CU) and is a muslim, doing 5 namaz a day, even going for Haz.
BD got independence as a Muslim country when British colonizers left and a secular nation was separated from it. i don't know where you got the other unicorn story from.

the language "movement" was an agitation by a few anti-Muslim bigots. the agitators were anti-Muslim because they were opposing and distorting a heritage associated with Muslims of the land out of a vicious political agenda. the agitation was filled with falsehood and a level of intolerance towards Bengal's Muslim heritage and non-Sanskrit heritage. since you have taken up the benevolent task of teaching me "what Islam is all about", note that Islam does NOT encourage the destruction of a heritage associated with a Muslim community. there is nothing wrong for a Muslim to have a Phd in a Sanskrit language like Bangla, but there is nothing right when a person of any religion supports the destruction of a heritage in favour of a colonial imposition (like we saw in the Hindus' imposition of their Hindu language on Bengal Muslims since the colonial period)

Yes, there are many African arabs as well. You can go darker as well. Choice is yours. Why should me opinion be valuable? I am Hindu, not an Arab. First you need to shake this attitude. :tsk:

Secondly - Devnagari had nothing to do with zamindars at all. But in your world of fantasies - may be.
the Arabs I talked about were definitely not Afro-Arabs. you need to learn about and interact with people outside your Hindustan a little more. the very fact that you have a serious opinion about what the Bangladeshis should do with their skin is important. the standardization of the Devanagari script we BDis are made to call "formal script" today is a Hindu zamindar affair.

BD got independence as a Muslim country when British colonizers left and a secular nation was separated from it. i don't know where you got the other unicorn story from.

the language "movement" was an agitation by a few anti-Muslim bigots. the agitators were anti-Muslim because they were opposing and distorting a heritage associated with Muslims of the land out of a vicious political agenda. the agitation was filled with falsehood and a level of intolerance towards Bengal's Muslim heritage and non-Sanskrit heritage. since you have taken up the benevolent task of teaching me "what Islam is all about", note that Islam does NOT encourage the destruction of a heritage associated with a Muslim community. there is nothing wrong for a Muslim to have a Phd in a Sanskrit language like Bangla, but there is nothing right when a person of any religion supports the destruction of a heritage in favour of a colonial imposition (like we saw in the Hindus' imposition of their Hindu language on Bengal Muslims since the colonial period)
"the language "movement" was an agitation by a few anti-Muslim bigots" - Brilliant :tup: You have finally unearthed our master plan. Work quickly lest our RAWamy dalals wipe out the Jamaatis.

the Arabs I talked about were definitely not Afro-Arabs. you need to learn about and interact with people outside your Hindustan a little more. the very fact that you have a serious opinion about what the Bangladeshis should do with their skin is important. the standardization of the Devanagari script we BDis are made to call "formal script" today is a Hindu zamindar affair.
Do you think I give a 'damn' (pun intended) if you want to emulate Afro Arabs, Arabo Arabs or Bengo Arabs etc (whatever they may mean). I don't care. I congratulate you for your decisiveness and wish you the best in eradicating Hindu affairs. Why can't you accept my best wishes in good spirit? :mad:

I am totally into changing the script of Bangladeshi language to Persian script but the language will remain the same! Not Arabic since it is Semitic because I want our language to stay Indo Aryan. West Bengali Hindus think we are similar to each other when we are definitely not! And I've seen a Kolkata soap opera and they seem so Hindu it is just revolting to Bangladeshis that we have to associates our selves with them as Bengali. Also, I always hear that they are extremely miserly people but we are not like that at all!

But I must admit West Bengalis are more Bengali then us since their accent is so pure like literally reading out of a book while our one sounds so informal, unsophisticated and rough and we use a hell lot of cussing and foul words and we never use those hard words like West Bengalis do since nearly none of us have any idea about them.

Example: What happened? Why are you not sleeping?
West Bengali: Ki holo? Tumi ghumacho na keno?
Bangladeshi: Kirreee..? Tui ghumaas na ken?

Last edited:
Are you
I am totally into changing the script of Bangladeshi language to Persian script but the language will remain the same! Not Arabic since it is Semitic because I want our language to stay Indo Aryan. West Bengali Hindus think we are similar to each other when we are definitely not! And I've seen a Kolkata soap opera and they seem so Hindu it is just revolting to Bangladeshis that we have to associates our selves with them as Bengali. Also, I always hear that they are extremely miserly people but we are not like that at all!

But I must admit West Bengalis are more Bengali then us since their accent is so pure like literally reading out of a book while our one sounds so informal, unsophisticated and rough and we use a hell lot of cussing and foul words and we never use those hard words like West Bengalis do since nearly none of us have any idea about them.

Are you from Dhaka? No body I know talk like that,unless you are from Dhaka.
And a new class has risen in last 10\12 years who are mostly from lower class,getting in,by their English medium schooled children.
And what is formal?you mix with people from cultured background from any society you get the actual taste of language. Be that UK or USA.cockny English is not even considered proper language.
Calcutta bangla sample - chaan kotte jachchi.
Mairi,jompess khelum.e maa,tora kochchiss ki?
Does this sound like proper shuddho bangla to you?

The Bangla we speak contains enough Persian and Arabic borrowings for it to be changed to the Nastaliq script. I do not understand how the people of West Bengal are more "Bengali" than us? Different areas have and is defined by their own dialect and accent. The two examples you have isn't standardised Bengali, it's still a regional dialect. Many make the misconception that Dhakaya is shuddo basha...But it's not.

Anyways you are new here, so salaam!

Back
Top Bottom