What's new

A Tale Of Two Bengals Where Never The Twain Shall Meet

You should think of joining India,You can then boast about a lot of things we have achievd like space technology,great economy,great cricket team,great army,great and big nation,Think about it.

Our ancestors and that stupid Lord Carzon separated East Bengal from Western part. It was a big mistake. If separation was indeed a solution then there should have been a single nation for Bengalis from East and West Bengal, Assamese and Tripuris.

As for merging with India now its not practical. India itself played a huge role to create Bangladesh. Historically Bangladesh was a colony to Pakistan. India helped Bangladeshis to get a sovereign country but BD geographically is completely inside India. So its bound to look like an Indian state. What Bangladesh needs is having strong ties with India forever for its existence. We can NOT survive without India and its FACT.

You should be ashamed to call yourself Bengali. No wonder West Bengal people are treated with disdain by people from North India. You guys are so meek and just let them walk over you. If they tried to do that to Bangladeshis we would put them back in their place.

We don't want to reunite with WB if they are part of India anyway. The only way a reunification can take place would be for WB to breakaway from India first. We are dismantling the hardliners not to please India but for our own good. I quite like the idea of a greater Bengal (Bangladesh and WB) in the future (as our regions get richer) connected by high speed trains, great road links where people from Dhaka could commute to Kolkata in the morning for work and return in the afternoon or people from Kolkata travelling to Dhaka.

Who told u the bullshit that N Indian stuff and bla bla ? Btw We don't want to get dragged into stone age by joining u. Remember one more thing, you guys are nothing but Indians after all. Forceful independence doesn't change one's identity.
Greater Bengal,huh! You guyz should have remembered this in 1947, when u voiced for a seperate country.

You should be ashamed to call yourself Bengali. No wonder West Bengal people are treated with disdain by people from North India. You guys are so meek and just let them walk over you. If they tried to do that to Bangladeshis we would put them back in their place.

We don't want to reunite with WB if they are part of India anyway. The only way a reunification can take place would be for WB to breakaway from India first. We are dismantling the hardliners not to please India but for our own good. I quite like the idea of a greater Bengal (Bangladesh and WB) in the future (as our regions get richer) connected by high speed trains, great road links where people from Dhaka could commute to Kolkata in the morning for work and return in the afternoon or people from Kolkata travelling to Dhaka.

We don't want similar things in our country.

The smartest Bengalis have already crossed over to this side during partition, you already have your fair share of smart Bengalis here, trust me; you don't need more. :-)

Don't base your thought by comments of few Jamaat-Shibir supporters in PDF. If you are Bengali then you know that Bangladesh is not Afghanistan or Pakistan. Its Bangladesh. A very similar to India.

Smartest Bengalis are not in West Bengal only. They are in Bangladesh also. Most Bengalis live in Bangladesh, the most happiest nation in the world by a British survey conducted last year.

Bangladeshi politics is crap and may be the most nasty part in South Asia but people here are extremely talented. You will get surprised to know the achievements of many Bangladeshis all over the world. My university mates won Microsoft Imagine Cup just two years back. We can do anything. Just need chance to do it.

West Bengal is Indian state and you are Indian but Bangladeshi Bengalis are Bangladeshis. We are Bangladeshi. We have a special pride that due to Bangladesh Bengalis go a separate nation for Bengalis.

Remember, it was a West Bengali HIndu who first wanted to get a Greater Bangladesh, not an East Bengali Muslim during partition. So don't accuse others before knowing the history.

Bangladeshis never want to join West Bengal with it. Why should we? We are better off without West Bengal. We just need to have strong ties with India. not only with a particular state. Our prime minister will sit with your prime minister because they are in same rank. Not with your chief minister because they are not in same rank.

Our ancestors and that stupid Lord Carzon separated East Bengal from Western part. It was a big mistake. If separation was indeed a solution then there should have been a single nation for Bengalis from East and West Bengal, Assamese and Tripuris.

As for merging with India now its not practical. India itself played a huge role to create Bangladesh. Historically Bangladesh was a colony to Pakistan. India helped Bangladeshis to get a sovereign country but BD geographically is completely inside India. So its bound to look like an Indian state. What Bangladesh needs is having strong ties with India forever for its existence. We can NOT survive without India and its FACT.
India didn't help Bangladesh gain independence. It joined at the last minute and stole credit for a win that we would have managed on our own.

As for a greater Bengal - only Bangladesh and West Bengal. No Assam or Tripura. In fact, we need to build a border all around Bangladesh as we unfortunately have quite a lot of Mongoloids surrounding us. You know, I've spent a lot of time wondering how great it would have been if the Mongoloids didn't manage to get into South Asia. Frankly, they don't belong here. What if the Himalayan mountain range completely cordoned off South Asia from SEA and East Asia? But these morons somehow managed to get in. I think India should pay off Northeast Indians to leave and then build an impenetrable border so they never return.

Sometimes I do wonder what is the point of building Bangladesh into a great country. If we become economically well off then surely we will get people from Assam and other Northeastern states sneaking into our country.

Last edited:
India didn't help Bangladesh gain independence. It joined at the last minute and stole credit for a win that we would have managed on our own.

As for a greater Bengal - only Bangladesh and West Bengal. No Assam or Tripura. In fact, we need to build a border all around Bangladesh as we unfortunately have quite a lot of Mongoloids surrounding us. You know, I've spent a lot of time wondering how great it would have been if the Mongoloids didn't manage to get into South Asia. Frankly, they don't belong here. What if the Himalayan mountain range completely cordoned off South Asia from SEA and East Asia? But these morons somehow managed to get in. I think India should pay off Northeast Indians to leave and then build an impenetrable border so they never return.

Greater Bangladesh was an idea of a West Bengali from India. Not any Bangladeshi first wanted to join West Bengal with Bangladesh. We don't need to join West Bengal but during separation in 1947 it should have been 3 nations policy , not two. Pakistan, India and Bangladesh if separation was really meant for any solution to conflicts but India-Pakistan theory is itself a bogus theory articulated by British.

Don't base your thought by comments of few Jamaat-Shibir supporters in PDF. If you are Bengali then you know that Bangladesh is not Afghanistan or Pakistan. Its Bangladesh. A very similar to India.

Agreed, but radicals are growing in numbers & strength, if this continues unchecked, then Bangladesh will not remain the same. In fact after reading some PDF Bangladeshis I am confused about the real Bangladesh.

Smartest Bengalis are not in West Bengal only. They are in Bangladesh also. Most Bengalis live in Bangladesh, the most happiest nation in the world by a British survey conducted last year.

Bangladeshi politics is crap and may be the most nasty part in South Asia but people here are extremely talented. You will get surprised to know the achievements of many Bangladeshis all over the world. My university mates won Microsoft Imagine Cup just two years back. We can do anything. Just need chance to do it.

Agreed, BD has its fair share of smart Bengalis, but along with that a fair share of Jamatis and Hefajoti mullahs also, and no matter how much you deny, these mullahs are powerful and they were instrumental in the partition of Bengal in 1947.

West Bengal is Indian state and you are Indian but Bangladeshi Bengalis are Bangladeshis. We are Bangladeshi. We have a special pride that due to Bangladesh Bengalis got a separate nation for Bengalis.

Just two points here:
1. The idea behind partition of Bengal in 1947 was religion, not ethnicity. The idea was to create a separate nation for Muslims, not Bengalis, that's why Hindu "Bengalis" were unwanted elements for Muslim "Bengalis", many of those Bengalis were chased out of their land even though they were also Bengalis, and East Pakistan was created.
2. Even today many Bangladeshis here claim that Bangladesh is for Muslims, not Hindu Bengalis, some even want to wipe off the typical "Bengali" culture because it is more like Hindu culture, as they claim. :)

Remember, it was a West Bengali HIndu who first wanted to get a Greater Bangladesh, not an East Bengali Muslim during partition. So don't accuse others before knowing the history.

Wasn't it Suhrawardy? But how does it matter now, United Bengal didn't happen, Hindu & Muslim Bengals happened.

Bangladeshis never want to join West Bengal with it. Why should we? We are better off without West Bengal. We just need to have strong ties with India. not only with a particular state. Our prime minister will sit with your prime minister because they are in same rank. Not with your chief minister because they are not in same rank.

Just an advice, your PM should also sit with our CM, India is a federal country and a lot of things won't happen without our CM's consent. :)

Discussed it many a times, Indians were there from the very beginning, entire Mukti Bahini was built, trained, financed, armed, and sheltered in India, help for logistics, battle plans, communication, intelligence, etc. were provided by India, West Pakistani military supply chain was cut by India by a naval blockade, fresh supply of arms & ammunition, soldiers, equipment, and fighter planes were blocked, Gen. Niyazi was trapped with his men and their fighting capabilities were severely impaired, and this was the prime reason of their defeat.

Finally India intervened militarily after the PAF attack in Agra, and defeated Pakistan in both the fronts. Without India's intervention, West Pakistan would have brought fresh supply of soldiers and ammunition, probably a tank battalion and a couple of squadrons of PAF and would have decimated the rebellion.

Agreed, but radicals are growing in numbers & strength, if this continues unchecked, then Bangladesh will not remain the same. In fact after reading some PDF Bangladeshis I am confused about the real Bangladesh.

Agreed, BD has its fair share of smart Bengalis, but along with that a fair share of Jamatis and Hefajoti mullahs also, and no matter how much you deny, these mullahs are powerful and they were instrumental in the partition of Bengal in 1947.

Just two points here:
1. The idea behind partition of Bengal in 1947 was religion, not ethnicity. The idea was to create a separate nation for Muslims, not Bengalis, that's why Hindu "Bengalis" were unwanted elements for Muslim "Bengalis", many of those Bengalis were chased out of their land even though they were also Bengalis, and East Pakistan was created.
2. Even today many Bangladeshis here claim that Bangladesh is for Muslims, not Hindu Bengalis, some even want to wipe off the typical "Bengali" culture because it is more like Hindu culture, as they claim. :)

Wasn't it Suhrawardy? But how does it matter now, United Bengal didn't happen, Hindu & Muslim Bengals happened.

Just an advice, your PM should also sit with our CM, India is a federal country and a lot of things won't happen without our CM's consent. :)

No . It wasn't Suhrawardy. It was Sarat Chandra Bose, a noted politician from your West Bengal first proposed United Bengal as a separate country from India. He even walked out from an assembly due to his demand for United Bengal. Suhrawardy supported him. His brother was Subhash Chandra Bose.

Bangladesh won't become radical Bangladesh for Mullahs and Arabs. Its for Bengalis. Hefajatis are fraud B team of Jamaati militants. Jamaat is going to be BANNED by high court this year. In PDF almost 98% BDeshis are anti-state Jamaatis. Their forums and sites are BANNED in Bangladesh. So they show their frustration in PDF.

As a Bangladeshi I don't mind if Arabs and other West Asians came to settle in Bangladesh. It would improve Bangladeshi genes. But given Bangladesh is still a relatively poor country and beset with problems of overpopulation, I doubt any West Asians will want to come and settle there anyway. But we must do anything possible to stop incursions from Northeast India and Burma. The Burma border is manageable as it's not a huge border to begin with, I am more worried about India's Northeast. We should put up barbed wire fence around the country and have border guards, fully armed. I am also worried about the recent developments China has been making in Bangladesh with the building of infrastructure around the port city of Chitagong.This city happens to border Burma. Who knows what their intentions are.

As a country we seriously need to put in place a strict family-planning programme and stop the lower classes from having big families. One, they are usually not very intelligent and, two, they tend to ruin the aesthetics of a country with their predominately darker skin.

Last edited:
@DRAY ..... This guy is advocating for Greater Bengal, the way Lovecoln promotes Greater Punjab! :D

So shall we annex Bangladesh as a new state of India?
If we want we can do that anyday, but before that we need to eliminate the radicals and make it peaceful!

If we get BD as a new state of India, we can re establish the Kolkata-Dhaka-Tripura connector, which will be really good for us.

Sheikh Hasina ke CM kore debo, Bangladesher!

@DRAY ..... This guy is advocating for Greater Bengal, the way Lovecoln promotes Greater Punjab! :D

So shall we annex Bangladesh as a new state of India?
If we want we can do that anyday, but before that we need to eliminate the radicals and make it peaceful!

If we get BD as a new state of India, we can re establish the Kolkata-Dhaka-Tripura connector, which will be really good for us.

Sheikh Hasina ke CM kore debo, Bangladesher!

Already Sir @Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury is busy with exterminating mongoloid NE people and Bangladeshi tribes like Chakmas to protect the purity of Bengali bloodline, then he has a program to castrate/sterilize lower-class darker-skinned people also to uplift BD gene pool. And now you want to annex BD and expose it to millions of people from hundreds of different ethnicity and tribes of India!!! Would he be able to survive such a shock? :D

As a Bangladeshi I don't mind if Arabs and other West Asians came to settle in Bangladesh. It would improve Bangladeshi genes. But given Bangladesh is still a relatively poor country and beset with problems of overpopulation, I doubt any West Asians will want to come and settle there anyway. But we must do anything possible to stop incursions from Northeast India and Burma. The Burma border is manageable as it's not a huge border to begin with, I am more worried about India's Northeast. We should put up barbed wire fence around the country and have border guards, fully armed. I am also worried about the recent developments China has been making in Bangladesh with the building of infrastructure around the port city of Chitagong.This city happens to border Burma. Who knows what their intentions are.

As a country we seriously need to put in place a strict family-planning programme and stop the lower classes from having big families. One, they are usually not very intelligent and, two, they tend to ruin the aesthetics of a country with their predominately darker skin.

No further comment on the bold red part, but I suggest you immediately dig out some oil fields in Bangladesh to attract large number of Arabs, or else you can send large number of young BD boys and girls to Arabia in search of Arabian partners, this will greatly improve BD gene pool. :)

I hate racists and hope for another hitler to rise who will exterminate racists from the world to make it a better place.

Just queue all racists and shoot them.

The United Bengal sounds very fishy to me, basically they wanted to curb the Bengali Hindus either in the name of Pakistan or United Bengal but under Pakistan plan they weren't going to get entire Bengal so, United Bengal was tried at the last moment. After all, we all know who were most desperate than Punjabi Muslims during Direct Action Day leading to Great Calcutta killings and then riots all across India.

Last edited:
The United Bengal sounds very fishy to me, basically they wanted to curb the Bengali Hindus either in the name of Pakistan or United Bengal but under Pakistan plan they weren't going to get entire Bengal so, United Bengal was tried at the last moment. After all, we all know who were most desperate than Punjabi Muslims during Direct Action Day leading to Great Calcutta killings and then riots all across India.

I know. :) They also got some Hindu majority area like Khulna (52% majority), then almost completely cleaned it up, this was the plan for entire Bengal and Assam. :)

I know. :) They also got some Hindu majority area like Khulna (52% majority), then almost completely cleaned it up, this was the plan for entire Bengal and Assam. :)

ghazwa e bong is coming to get ya dada :big_boss:

Back
Top Bottom