What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks a lot kingdurgaking.....that information was really valuable....!!!
1.but will the airforce will have more of mk1..nd less of mk2..or vice-versa????
2.nd by 2020..hw many tejas(both mk1 nd mk2 )will be operated by indian airforce???

^^^
I would like to answer your question....
1. mk1 will be only 48 while mk2 number will cross 100...
2. by 2020 atleast all mk1 will be completed and mk1 naval version will also be completed. Now therre are reports that DRDO might opt for some other company for tejas production then production rate will be different but right now its too slow and with the increasing new projects the production rate under HAL doesnot seems to increase....Su30 production is going on there is a strict deadline over there, then MMRCA will be coming and by the end of decade FGFA will also enter production....Not to mention trainers, MRTA helicopters etc. will also keep HAL busy...

thanks a lot tushar....the information was very important to me....thanks a lot...!!!!
and another thing....i think HAL by 2020 will b becoming the biggest military aircraft maker in the world..it will really have to work upon may be 50 odd projects by then...!!!
WHAT DO U THINK????

Tejas passes first night operations test

Tejas passes first night operations test

India's Tejas light combat aircraft has completed the first phase of its night flying tests, having conducted a targeting and attack mission under the cover of darkness.

Flown from Hindustan Aeronautics' airport in Bengaluru, the process involved using the Tejas's Israeli-made multi-mode radar and Rafael Litening targeting pod.

"Preliminary results indicate that the integrated systems performed very well, meeting the requirements of night operations," says India's state-owned Defence Research and Development Organisation. "Success of the current phase of trials augur well for achieving the night attack capability for Tejas."

A second phase of night evaluation flights will be carried out within a couple of months, the DRDO says. Clearing the process is a key step before the Tejas can receive full operational clearance for use by the Indian air force.

thanks a lot tushar....the information was very important to me....thanks a lot...!!!!
and another thing....i think HAL by 2020 will b becoming the biggest military aircraft maker in the world..it will really have to work upon may be 50 odd projects by then...!!!
WHAT DO U THINK????
Yeah its true....HAL has a huge modernization plan of around 4 billion $ and they are also getting enlisted....
DRDO is thinking about other companies for LCA production and in my opinion it will be the best decision ever....because HAL has many projects...From 2010 HAL will be involve in production of 4 helicopters (Dhruv, LUH, LCH, IMRH=1500 as claimed by HAL but looks impossible), 3-4 trainers (Hawk, IJT, basic trainer may be grob), MRTA, 4 fighter jets (LCH, Su30, MMRCA, FGFA), modernisation of Mig29, Jaguar, Mirage and may be Mig27 etc....

I don't think its feasible for HAL, if HAL will go for all these projects, then there would delays which our forces cannot afford....

Yeah its true....HAL has a huge modernization plan of around 4 billion $ and they are also getting enlisted....
DRDO is thinking about other companies for LCA production and in my opinion it will be the best decision ever....because HAL has many projects...From 2010 HAL will be involve in production of 4 helicopters (Dhruv, LUH, LCH, IMRH=1500 as claimed by HAL but looks impossible), 3-4 trainers (Hawk, IJT, basic trainer may be grob), MRTA, 4 fighter jets (LCH, Su30, MMRCA, FGFA), modernisation of Mig29, Jaguar, Mirage and may be Mig27 etc....

I don't think its feasible for HAL, if HAL will go for all these projects, then there would delays which our forces cannot afford....

Its right time to start some solid business... We can make some money by assembling these birds.. :)

i think HAL now should have its subsidary factories all around the country...by 2015...nearly about 10 more assembly factories are needed..with supreme quality and technology of producing the aircrafts....!!!!
hal is not just making those above stated projects..as told by u..yaa..those are right offcourse..but its just a part of it...
HAL is producing the kaveri engines....modern avionics...radars used in fighters nd other planes...ultra modern pilot suits....many hundreds..flight stimulators...few other experimental engines...nd also hal is also producing the honeywell engine..due to the work has been outsourced by honeywell to HAL.....AROUND 500 UAV'S..with joint collaboration with israel...france....brazil....russia...usa....few 100 attack drones....and many more indeginiously made uav's!!!
THATS GOIN TO BE A REAL BUSY DECADE OR TWO..FOR HAL....HUMUNGOUS WORKS AWAITING FOR HAL IN THE COMING 20-25 YEARS..!!!!

And... another important point that you guys have missed is the employment opportunities... ALL THESE tasks will surely opens the doors for aspiring youth and explore new job opportunities.. therefore we can expect additional boost to our economy! :cheers:

And... another important point that you guys have missed is the employment opportunities... ALL THESE tasks will surely opens the doors for aspiring youth and explore new job opportunities.. therefore we can expect additional boost to our economy! :cheers:

yaa...man surely it will.....!!!!!cheers...!!!

WHAT DO U THINK????

NOT BIGGEST (we should not forget Lockheed , Boeing , sukhoi .. are already ahead of us )
but ya one of the biggest ..

we can see so many projects but i think HAL will need private manufacturer support to fulfill them . .

samtel is just one example who will provide some electronics parts

^^^
Now TATA and Mahindra can also help in airframe, TCS, LnT infotech & Mahindra Satyam can help in software portion of aerospace sector and so on....

AROUND 500 UAV'S..with joint collaboration with israel...france....brazil....russia...usa....few 100 attack drones....and many more indeginiously made uav's!!!
Please tell us more about this....500 UAV ??/100 attack drone ??/ And the uav developed by drdo is not likely to be produced by HAL.....For Rustom which is one of the biggest project in UAVs in India might be given to private firms like Godrej, LnT...

^^^
Also what about these 500 uavs and 100 attack drones ??/ Can you please name the projects and when were these huge deals signed ???

those are some ongoing projects that may turn out to be a deal.....its not officially declared...but those are definately gonna come up...!!!
500 uav's will comprise of nishant uav..lakshya uav..rustom 2 uav...harop uav...heron uav...searcher uav's...some attack drones which are actually rustom 2 that will be weaponized..to some way match upto the us predator attack drone...!!!so the total of surveillance uav's will be around 500..by 2020...and attack drones around 100...!!!these uav's will then be inducted in the navy,army,air force..and also coast guards...!!!

Tejas Goes Night Hunting

The LCA Tejas programme clocked significant trial points this week with one of the limited series production (LSP-5) aircraft undertook a series of six flights at night. Sporting a modified Israeli-Indian hybrid multimode radar and a Litening pod, the LSP-5 is reported to have conducted mock targeting and attack drill to test simulated avionics release and integration of weapons and sensors. Night flights will continue for the next two weeks.

The DRDO put out a statement to the press in Bengaluru yesterday saying, "The preliminary results indicate that the integrated system performed very well, meeting the requirements of night operations." The statement also said that the flights tested the helmet mounted display and instrument landing system.

Photos Livefist: EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: LCA Tejas Night Flying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom