What's new

Chinese swear their revenge on Japanese (Sino-Japanese War)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not saying Japan by themselves im saying them + the U.S can box in China.

I should have written more clearly.

I would like to add that it is not in the interest of Japan to have military confrontation with any of our respectable neighbors, especially not China.
U.S. is a country that really cares less about military strategy due to its superior military power.

japs lose the WWII not because of some sub fleet, but its industrial production capacity. When in full gear, U.S.'s output is many times larger than japs' output. So U.S. not only can sustain its war time consumption and loss, it can quickly supply what it has lost, but also can support other war regions' needs, e.g. european fields, African fields, China's fields and etc..

Otherwise, if only comparing weapon's quality, japs' fleet, air force all have better weapons than russia and China. However, when war starts, the real competition is the country's industry production ability and capacity. Though russia's navy, air force and etc now do not even have money to supply themselves with their best gears, and they have to sell those to other countries, during war time, it is not about profit/loss, but survival. It will put its production into full gear. You will see tons of tanks, advanced subs, Su35s and etc being produced like butter and milk. China will be in similar situation. What you have earlier on will be quickly consumed and lost during the first week's battle.

The question is that how fast you can re-supply all of those lost. For that, China and Russia are well ahead of japs. Of course, U.S. is well ahead of japs as well.

@ephone ,

Pardon me if i may infer, but you sound so very irate and always on the offensive in your posts with me. We've recently started interacting and i can sense a lot of animosity on your part. Can you cool it down a bit? Just a wee bit? Add some yogurt to your spicy chicken tikka massala. lol.

Okay, that said, Japan does not intend to have a war or military conflict with regional partners China and Russia. Our economies (Japanese and Chinese) are so intertwined that war is just unrealistic , and unproductive, it serves no national interest. Our bilateral trade is over $340 Billion. The thought of war for simple fun is a clandestine and nihilistic. A war in the region will benefit no one, this is why Japan supports efforts to maintain regional peace and security.

Everyone knows that japan cant repeat what it did in ww2 so i dont think that is the main reason why some governments want the current status quo to remain in place.

Japan can't repeat what it did in WW2, but that certainly would not stop them from trying. Kamikaze is in their blood.

I would like to add that it is not in the interest of Japan to have military confrontation with any of our respectable neighbors, especially not China.

@ephone ,

Pardon me if i may infer, but you sound so very irate and always on the offensive in your posts with me. We've recently started interacting and i can sense a lot of animosity on your part. Can you cool it down a bit? Just a wee bit? Add some yogurt to your spicy chicken tikka massala. lol.

Okay, that said, Japan does not intend to have a war or military conflict with regional partners China and Russia. Our economies (Japanese and Chinese) are so intertwined that war is just unrealistic , and unproductive, it serves no national interest. Our bilateral trade is over $340 Billion. The thought of war for simple fun is a clandestine and nihilistic. A war in the region will benefit no one, this is why Japan supports efforts to maintain regional peace and security.

Absolutely hilarious!
Then again, what you posted is very Japanese indeed - say one thing but do another!
Talk peace but destabilize the region.
Talk security but call in outsider to fight on your behalf!
Talk apology but respect war criminals!
Talk WW2 but call it liberation!

**** your talk.

Sincerity is in action, not empty talk.

Japan can't repeat what it did in WW2, but that certainly would not stop them from trying. Kamikaze is in their blood.

Lol, kamikaze in our blood? I thought chylomicrons , and hemoglobin , bicarbs, platelets, erythrocytes were in in our 'blood'.

Absolutely hilarious!
Then again, what you posted is very Japanese indeed - say one thing but do another!
Talk peace but destabilize the region.
Talk security but call in outsider to fight on your behalf!
Talk apology but respect war criminals!
Talk WW2 but call it liberation!

**** your talk.

Sincerity is in action, not empty talk.

Dude, how has Japan de-stabilized the region? If you look at the current situation in Asia-Pacific, it is China that has legal confrontations with the Philippines, Vietnam, and even South Korea regarding territorial claims. I fear that the Japan you hate was the Japan that perished at the end of World War II.

I despise a country that does not atone for its war time criminal past, but try everything it can to beautify its past, deny its past and use every excuses to honor its war time evils.

If even a japanese like you who self-claim himself to know history, still trying his best to beautify its war time criminal emperor, claiming diaoyu islands belong to japan (though they were stolen after 1894 invasion and should be returned to China after WWII with the return of taiwan and other islands), I have no hope for other japanese at all.

Surrender of Japan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Potsdam Declaration

It was decided to issue a statement, the Potsdam Declaration, defining "Unconditional Surrender" and clarifying what it meant for the position of the emperor and for Hirohito personally. The American and British governments strongly disagreed on this point—the United States wanted to abolish the position and possibly try him as a war criminal, while the British wanted to retain the position, perhaps with Hirohito still reigning. The Potsdam Declaration went through many drafts until a version acceptable to all was found.[70]

On July 26, the United States, Britain and China released the Potsdam Declaration announcing the terms for Japan's surrender, with the warning, "We will not deviate from them. There are no alternatives. We shall brook no delay." For Japan, the terms of the declaration specified:

• the elimination "for all time [of] the authority and influence of those who have deceived and misled the people of Japan into embarking on world conquest"
  • the occupation of "points in Japanese territory to be designated by the Allies"
  • "Japanese sovereignty shall be limited to the islands of Honshū, Hokkaidō, Kyūshū, Shikoku and such minor islands as we determine." As had been announced in the Cairo Declaration in 1943, Japan was to be reduced to her pre-1894 territory and stripped of her pre-war empire including Korea and Taiwan, as well as all her recent conquests.
  • "The Japanese military forces, after being completely disarmed, shall be permitted to return to their homes with the opportunity to lead peaceful and productive lives."
  • "stern justice shall be meted out to all war criminals, including those who have visited cruelties upon our prisoners."

I hope that is not too hard for you to understand, japan was to be redued to her pre-1894 territory and stripped of her pre-war empire .....

The diaoyu islands are always part of China and was stolen by japs after 1894 war then, with taiwan and all other islands close by as well.

U.S. is a country that really cares less about military strategy due to its superior military power.

japs lose the WWII not because of some sub fleet, but its industrial production capacity. When in full gear, U.S.'s output is many times larger than japs' output. So U.S. not only can sustain its war time consumption and loss, it can quickly supply what it has lost, but also can support other war regions' needs, e.g. european fields, African fields, China's fields and etc..

Otherwise, if only comparing weapon's quality, japs' fleet, air force all have better weapons than russia and China. However, when war starts, the real competition is the country's industry production ability and capacity. Though russia's navy, air force and etc now do not even have money to supply themselves with their best gears, and they have to sell those to other countries, during war time, it is not about profit/loss, but survival. It will put its production into full gear. You will see tons of tanks, advanced subs, Su35s and etc being produced like butter and milk. China will be in similar situation. What you have earlier on will be quickly consumed and lost during the first week's battle.

The question is that how fast you can re-supply all of those lost. For that, China and Russia are well ahead of japs. Of course, U.S. is well ahead of japs as well.

@ephone ,

Lol, kamikaze in our blood? I thought chylomicrons , and hemoglobin , bicarbs, platelets, erythrocytes were in in our 'blood'.

If you must taken things so literally, then how about national psyche?

Really?

Diaoyu islands vs China
Diaoyu islands vs taiwan
Du island vs korea
Kuril islands vs russia

Dude, how has Japan de-stabilized the region? If you look at the current situation in Asia-Pacific, it is China that has legal confrontations with the Philippines, Vietnam, and even South Korea regarding territorial claims. I fear that the Japan you hate was the Japan that perished at the end of World War II.

Perished? no, there are trace remnants and an unhealthy delusion of grandeur among the extreme right.

China destabilizes the region because the region is being molded back into what it has historically been. The current boundries and laws of the seas were established during a period when China had little power and say in the international order of things.

Japan destabilizes the region by hosting foreign powers to intimidate Asia. Do you deny that American warships going to and fro Asian seas causes tension?

The stance given by the Japanese MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS is that the Senkaku Islands are clearly an inherent territory of Japan, in light of historical facts and based upon international law, and the Senkaku Islands are under the valid control of Japan. They also state "there exists no issue of territorial sovereignty to be resolved concerning the Senkaku Islands."The following counter-points to China's claims are given:

1. The islands had been uninhabited and showed no trace of having been under the control of China prior to 1895.
  2. The islands were neither part of Taiwan nor part of the Pescadores Islands, which were ceded to Japan by the Qing Dynasty of China in Article II of the May 1895 Treaty of Shimonoseki,thus were not later renounced by Japan under Article II of the SAN FRANCISCO PEACE TREATY

3. A resident of Okinawa Prefecture who had been engaging in activities such as fishery around the Senkaku Islands since around 1884 made an application for the lease of the islands, and approval was granted by the Meiji Government in 1896. After this approval, he sent a total of 248 workers to those islands and ran the following businesses: constructing piers,collecting bird feathers, manufacturing dried bonito, collecting coral, raising cattle, manufacturing canned goods and collecting mineral phosphate guano (bird manure for fuel use). The fact that the Meiji Government gave approval concerning the use of the Senkaku Islands to an individual, who in turn was able to openly run these businesses mentioned above based on the approval, demonstrates Japan's valid control over the Islands.
  4. Though the islands were controlled by the United States as an occupying power between 1945 and 1972, Japan has since 1972 exercised administration over the islands.
  5. Japanese allege that Taiwan and China only started claiming ownership of the islands in 1971, following a May 1969 United Nations report that a large oil and gas reserve may exist under the seabed near the islands.
  • The examples of Japanese valid control after the reversion to Japan of the administrative rights over Okinawa including the Senkaku Islands are as follows:
  1. Patrol and law enforcement. (e.g. law enforcement on illegal fishing by foreign fishing boats)
  2. Levying taxes on the owners of the Islands under private ownership. (in Kuba Island.)
  3. Management as state-owned land (in Taisho Island, Uotsuri Island, etc.)
  4. As for Kuba Island and Taisho Island, the Government of Japan has offered them to the United States since 1972 as facilities/districts in Japan under the Japan-U.S. Status of Forces Agreement.
  5. Researches by the Central Government and the Government of Okinawa Prefecture (e.g. Utilization and development research by Okinawa Development Agency (construction of temporary heliport, etc.) (1979), Fishery research by the Okinawa Prefecture (1981), Research on ALBATROSScommissioned by the Environment Agency (1994).)
If you must taken things so literally, then how about national psyche?

No, its just that, i notice that some Chinese have this idea that we Japanese are war-like or they have a pre-formed image of us as if we're back in WWII. The fact that you said 'kamikaze' in our blood is inherent example of that bias.

Really?

Diaoyu islands vs China
Diaoyu islands vs taiwan
Du island vs korea
Kuril islands vs russia

Like i said, there is no territorial question about Senkaku Island. That is sovereign Japanese territory. Period.

Last edited:
The stance given by the Japanese MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS is that the Senkaku Islands are clearly an inherent territory of Japan, in light of historical facts and based upon international law, and the Senkaku Islands are under the valid control of Japan. They also state "there exists no issue of territorial sovereignty to be resolved concerning the Senkaku Islands."The following counter-points to China's claims are given:

1. The islands had been uninhabited and showed no trace of having been under the control of China prior to 1895.
  2. The islands were neither part of Taiwan nor part of the Pescadores Islands, which were ceded to Japan by the Qing Dynasty of China in Article II of the May 1895 Treaty of Shimonoseki,thus were not later renounced by Japan under Article II of the SAN FRANCISCO PEACE TREATY

3. A resident of Okinawa Prefecture who had been engaging in activities such as fishery around the Senkaku Islands since around 1884 made an application for the lease of the islands, and approval was granted by the Meiji Government in 1896. After this approval, he sent a total of 248 workers to those islands and ran the following businesses: constructing piers,collecting bird feathers, manufacturing dried bonito, collecting coral, raising cattle, manufacturing canned goods and collecting mineral phosphate guano (bird manure for fuel use). The fact that the Meiji Government gave approval concerning the use of the Senkaku Islands to an individual, who in turn was able to openly run these businesses mentioned above based on the approval, demonstrates Japan's valid control over the Islands.
  4. Though the islands were controlled by the United States as an occupying power between 1945 and 1972, Japan has since 1972 exercised administration over the islands.
  5. Japanese allege that Taiwan and China only started claiming ownership of the islands in 1971, following a May 1969 United Nations report that a large oil and gas reserve may exist under the seabed near the islands.
  • The examples of Japanese valid control after the reversion to Japan of the administrative rights over Okinawa including the Senkaku Islands are as follows:
  1. Patrol and law enforcement. (e.g. law enforcement on illegal fishing by foreign fishing boats)
  2. Levying taxes on the owners of the Islands under private ownership. (in Kuba Island.)
  3. Management as state-owned land (in Taisho Island, Uotsuri Island, etc.)
  4. As for Kuba Island and Taisho Island, the Government of Japan has offered them to the United States since 1972 as facilities/districts in Japan under the Japan-U.S. Status of Forces Agreement.
  5. Researches by the Central Government and the Government of Okinawa Prefecture (e.g. Utilization and development research by Okinawa Development Agency (construction of temporary heliport, etc.) (1979), Fishery research by the Okinawa Prefecture (1981), Research on ALBATROSScommissioned by the Environment Agency (1994).)

Ha!
Post your claim and back it up with points from Your own ministery of foreign affairs!

The American umbrella of protection have made you audacious indeed. How long before they decide that its too dangerous or expensive to fight on your behalf?

Words are worthless and Chinese ships prove it by sailing around those islands.

Ha!
Post your claim and back it up with points from Your own ministery of foreign affairs!

The American umbrella of protection have made you audacious indeed. How long before they decide that its too dangerous or expensive to fight on your behalf?

Words are worthless and Chinese ships prove it by sailing around those islands.

Buddy, we effectively administer those islands. You may sail around if you like, so long as your ships sail the opposite direction.

@ephone ,

The Potsdam Declaration specifies that territories acquired after the Treaty of Shimnoseki shall be given back; which includes Formosa, Korea. The Senkaku islands were not acquired through the Sino-Japanese War, but was acquired prior. Hence it does not apply.

The Americans and the rest of the European Union recognizes our position.

Buddy, we effectively administer those islands. You may sail around if you like, so long as your ships sail the opposite direction.

One thing Chinese are good at is waiting. 5000 years, whats another few decades?

Ive read that when you first teach a horse, first you just stand near it. After a while, you can start patting it here and there but not too much. A bit of time later, put on a saddle but dont ride it yet. Wait. Wait. Wait. After some time the horse is yours.

One thing Chinese are good at is waiting. 5000 years, whats another few decades?

Ive read that when you first teach a horse, first you just stand near it. After a while, you can start patting it here and there but not too much. A bit of time later, put on a saddle but dont ride it yet. Wait. Wait. Wait. After some time the horse is yours.

Only 5000 years? Japan's civilization started during the Jomon period (14,000 BC).

Let me share with you a poem, my dear @+4vsgorillas-Apebane , -

Sazare-ishi no
Iwao to narite
Koke no musu made

:azn:

Chinese are obsessed by Japan so much, not only Japan of WW2 but they fear Japan will break chinese hegemony dream today.

Chinese are obsessed by Japan so much, not only Japan of WW2 but they fear Japan will break chinese hegemony dream today.

Thank goodness the Chinese posters here in PDF don't represent all Chinese people. I have a lot of Chinese friends and when we do talk about this issue, its sincere and they understand my personal apology to the history. Plus, there is a forgiveness they share that is genuine.

I fear that some posters here are a just extremists. I'm sorry, but my judgement is coming after reading some posts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom