What's new

Chinese swear their revenge on Japanese (Sino-Japanese War)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Japan wishes to improve its relation with China it must meet certain criteria. I don't see Japan is willing to give up Diaoyu, stop visiting the war shrine once and for all, compensate the female victims treated as sex slaves.

You call killing tens of millions of people "something stupid in the past"???

You must be kidding.

the japs has never recognized its past fully and atoned for its past criminal killing. On the contrary, it tries everything it can to beautify its invasion, deny its invasion and scores of government officials including its p.m. pay respect to its war criminals again and again.

why would such a country have the normal right???
That doesn't mean that they shouldn't be deprived of the same right as other nations just because they did something stupid in the past.

You call killing tens of millions of people "something stupid in the past"???

You must be kidding.

the japs has never recognized its past fully and atoned for its past criminal killing. On the contrary, it tries everything it can to beautify its invasion, deny its invasion and scores of government officials including its p.m. pay respect to its war criminals again and again.

why would such a country have the normal right???
Everyone knows that japan cant repeat what it did in ww2 so i dont think that is the main reason why some governments want the current status quo to remain in place.

This whole debate is essentially about china because if japan is allowed to militarize then china would have a tougher time using its military in the South China sea because japan would actually become a bigger threat than it already is to chinas interests. WW2 is just an excuse for restricting Japan.

Do Chinese today have the same emotions?

WTF!

Are you stupid or something?

Every Chinese in in my country hope that one day Japanese will invade and recolonize us.

Don't trust anything you saw in internet and be realistic!

There will be no revenge on Japan, nothing in the form of killing millions. Instead, Japan will once again fall into the Chinese sphere of dominance and be relegated to a peripheral tributary.

The audacity of Japs to make claims on Islands stolen during their rampage days is sickening. What is also sickening is that there are those talking of letting go of the past even as survivors of the war are still alive today. Reparations must be paid for true peace.

The point is not japs militarization.

It is about a country who does not recognize its military invasion past and think that military invasion past is also justified.

Give you a simple example:

A criminal went to your house, had a murder spree and then got caught. He never repented or atoned for his criminal activities. He did not even think what he did is wrong at all.

Is it OK for you to release him again and give him another knife???

As for your remarks for "japan cant repeat..."

I am not sure where you have such confidence for someone else. From all my observance, I have to say that I am deeply puzzled but also understand your ignorance, since you only observe its technology, development, humble tourists and etc... you have no idea how those superficial humble-looking japs could have used knives to cut victims' heads off for competition, used machine guns to gun down tens of thousands of people times and times again, use live persons for chemical weapons and biological weapons tests, and cut open pregnant women after raping them...???

I hope after watching some WWII documentaries, and check what japs has done after WWII to atone for its war criminal past (basically, almost nothing), you may have some understanding where the concerns come from.

Everyone knows that japan cant repeat what it did in ww2 so i dont think that is the main reason why some governments want the current status quo to remain in place.

This whole debate is essentially about china because if japan is allowed to militarize then china would have a tougher time using its military in the South China sea because japan would actually become a bigger threat than it already is to chinas interests. WW2 is just an excuse for restricting Japan.

Not Just China but also the Koreans will react strongly to a re militarized Japan. The Japs have rampaged onto the Asian mainland during the Tang dynasty, Ming dynasty and the KMT days. It was relatively easy to send them packing during Ancient times (Battle of Baekgang, Imjin war) but their last foray was like an opportunistic vulture attacking a sick man.

It is about a country who does not recognize its military invasion past and think that military invasion past is also justified.

A criminal went to your house, had a murder spree and then got caught. He never repented or atoned for his criminal activities. He did not even think what he did is wrong at all.

I am not sure where you have such confidence for someone else. From all my observance, I have to say that I am deeply puzzled but also understand your ignorance, since you only observe its technology, development, humble tourists and etc... you have no idea how those superficial humble-looking japs could have used knives to cut victims' heads off for competition, used machine guns to gun down tens of thousands of people times and times again, use live persons for chemical weapons and biological weapons tests, and cut open pregnant women after raping them...???

I hope after watching some WWII documentaries, and check what japs has done after WWII to atone for its war criminal past (basically, almost nothing), you may have some understanding where the concerns come from.

The Japs are like criminals with a violent history and repeat offence. During the Imjin war, millions of Koreans died and mountains of ears and heads were taken back to Japan as trophies like serial killers.

Sick fuckers.

Can they be trusted to act responsibly given their bloody history?

I know what they did and I can understand the concern of many Chinese who faced many massacres and biological experiments , death camps, rape and all of other bad stuff but that isn't going to stop Japan and a change to their current policy wont do any damage to any except box in china because I know something like what happened in ww2 will never happen again simply because china is too strong and Japans demographics will not allow that.

I know what they did and I can understand the concern of many Chinese who faced many massacres and biological experiments , death camps, rape and all of other bad stuff but that isn't going to stop Japan and a change to their current policy wont do any damage to any except box in china because I know something like what happened in ww2 will never happen again simply because china is too strong and Japans demographics will not allow that.

Chinese are not concerned about Japan repeating ww2, it cannot be done. WW2 saw China in its darkest days, the country had never been so weak in 5000 years. Like I mentioned before, in Imperial times Chinese armies swept the Japs aside when ever they came.

Will Japan genuinely repent for its crimes and rejoin the China centric Asian order like for most of its history or will they falsify their history with lies and become an Asian outcast?

You seem to understanding nothing at all.

BTW, FYI, military wise, China's concern is U.S. not those japs.

japs has no way to box in China.

And your remarks is also conflicting: first, you indicate japs box in China. Then you say China is too strong. If China is too strong, how could those japs box in China???

For a country who never atone for its war time criminal past, is it normal to get itself on militarization again???

To enhance your historical knowledge, japs have tried numerous times trying to invading the continents including korea and China for the past 1000 years.

It is an island country with limited resources, but a huge population... I will not be surprised that if it runs again on its military criminal path again.

I have no love for the Japanese or their government,though the current generation cannot be blamed for their ancestor's sins.

I do not know whether it is out of sheer ignorance or deceit that the Japanese as a whole are unwilling to atone or acknowledge their ancestor's crimes ie painting a picture of Japanese "liberation" of Asia,denying numerous war crimes.

My blood boils with the rage of thousand suns at faithless apologies and countless attempts to deny wrongdoing,I'm afraid the Japanese are much to proud to admit their crimes and that's what impedes Sino-Japanese relationships.

I have no desire for vengeance but if Japan seeks to establish hegemony again I'll be the first to die for my motherland.

You seem to understanding nothing at all.

BTW, FYI, military wise, China's concern is U.S. not those japs.

japs has no way to box in China.

And your remarks is also conflicting: first, you indicate japs box in China. Then you say China is too strong. If China is too strong, how could those japs box in China???

For a country who never atone for its war time criminal past, is it normal to get itself on militarization again???

To enhance your historical knowledge, japs have tried numerous times trying to invading the continents including korea and China for the past 1000 years.

It is an island country with limited resources, but a huge population... I will not be surprised that if it runs again on its military criminal path again.
Im not saying Japan by themselves im saying them + the U.S can box in China.

I should have written more clearly.

It has been off topic already.

But for short, they may be able to do so in the past. However, for now and in the future, they can dream to do so but in reality, it is already impossible.

Im not saying Japan by themselves im saying them + the U.S can box in China.

I should have written more clearly.

As I said the Japanese were not expecting an island hopping strategy.
They thought they had plenty of time to prepare. But by bypassing their outer layers of defense we caught them WAY off guard.

Yes, during that war, the established plan was -- to defend every single inch of territory conquered. The opinion was that American would fight an attrition war, and would sue for peace. They (the Americans) learned perfectly well after the Battle of Guadalcanal where significant amount of American soldiers were lost. They realized the tenacity of Imperial soldiers. This is the reason why they, under the leadership of Nimitz and MacArthur, adopted the Leap Frog Tactic. They purposely bypassed Rabaul, which was garissoned with over 50,000 soldiers.

The Nihon Kaigun [The Imperial Navy of the Empire of Japan] , also, expected more clandestine classical naval warefare, similar to the ones Japan shined in during the 1905 Russo-Japanese War, when the Imperial Navy obliterated the Russian Baltic Fleet at the Battle of Tsushima Straits. Given, the Imperial Navy did contribute to the modern concept of carrier warefare, one thing that we lacked was the development of large submarine fleet. To this, our merchant marine and battle groups suffered.

@kalu_miah ,

The Rising Sun Flag is in usage by the Japanese Self Defense Force because it represents continuity with Japanese modernity seen after the Great Meiji Restoration and the subsequent rise of Japan and a pre-eminent power in Asia.

I can understand where some people might take offense to this, given the Pacific War, it remains in usage for the national interest, namely, the military continuity of Japan. One could say that there is a longing within the JSDF ranks , and it is significant, to formally rename JSDF to The Japanese Armed Forces, or , Imperial Japanese Armed Forces.

Last edited:
U.S. is a country that really cares less about military strategy due to its superior military power. To be honest, U.S. could have simply blocked the islands to let those 50k soldiers die of hunger. U.S. just wanted the japs to surrender faster and have no interest in getting each of those islands, since those are not its territories as well.

japs lose the WWII not because of some sub fleet, but its industrial production capacity. When in full gear, U.S.'s output is many times larger than japs' output. So U.S. not only can sustain its war time consumption and loss, it can quickly supply what it has lost, but also can support other war regions' needs, e.g. european fields, African fields, China's fields and etc..

Otherwise, if only comparing weapon's quality, japs' fleet, air force all have better weapons than russia and China. However, when war starts, the real competition is the country's industry production ability and capacity. Though russia's navy, air force and etc now do not even have money to supply themselves with their best gears, and they have to sell those to other countries, during war time, it is not about profit/loss, but survival. It will put its production into full gear. You will see tons of tanks, advanced subs, Su35s and etc being produced like butter and milk. China will be in similar situation. What you have earlier on will be quickly consumed and lost during the first week's battle.

The question is that how fast you can re-supply all of those lost. For that, China and Russia are well ahead of japs. Of course, U.S. is well ahead of japs as well.

Yes, during that war, the established plan was -- to defend every single inch of territory conquered. The opinion was that American would fight an attrition war, and would sue for peace. They (the Americans) learned perfectly well after the Battle of Guadalcanal where significant amount of American soldiers were lost. They realized the tenacity of Imperial soldiers. This is the reason why they, under the leadership of Nimitz and MacArthur, adopted the Leap Frog Tactic. They purposely bypassed Rabaul, which was garissoned with over 50,000 soldiers.

The Nihon Kaigun [The Imperial Navy of the Empire of Japan] , also, expected more clandestine classical naval warefare, similar to the ones Japan shined in during the 1905 Russo-Japanese War, when the Imperial Navy obliterated the Russian Baltic Fleet at the Battle of Tsushima Straits. Given, the Imperial Navy did contribute to the modern concept of carrier warefare, one thing that we lacked was the development of large submarine fleet. To this, our merchant marine and battle groups suffered.

@kalu_miah ,

The Rising Sun Flag is in usage by the Japanese Self Defense Force because it represents continuity with Japanese modernity seen after the Great Meiji Restoration and the subsequent rise of Japan and a pre-eminent power in Asia.

I can understand where some people might take offense to this, given the Pacific War, it remains in usage for the national interest, namely, the military continuity of Japan. One could say that there is a longing within the JSDF ranks , and it is significant, to formally rename JSDF to The Japanese Armed Forces, or , Imperial Japanese Armed Forces.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom