What's new

Chinese swear their revenge on Japanese (Sino-Japanese War)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So called leapfrog strategy is a joke .

Hmm...keeping thousands of soldiers out of the battle by cutting off their supply chain and stranding them on non-important islands sounds like a pretty good strategy to me.

Taking the battle right to the Japanese Islands as quickly as possible gets a thumbs up from me.

The Japanese thought it would take forever to fight from island to island giving them plenty of time to prepare. Island hopping screwed up all their plans.

Last edited:
The Pacific is forbidden in Japan ?
Hmm...keeping thousands of soldiers out of the battle by cutting off their supply chain and stranding them on non-important islands sounds like a pretty good strategy to me.

Taking the battle right to the Japanese Islands as quickly as possible gets a thumbs up from me.

It was an ingenious strategy, actually.

I do not deny this strategy.

This strategy works very well.

But this strategy is a conventional tactic ,the other generals will do that also

If General Macarthur can defeat Japan at the beginning , I will raise my big thumb.

The only achievement which I admire is"battle of inchon" , that is really genius tactic.

But I do not think a single success can make him five star

^^ and tougher ! The whole root of China's nationalism stems from the history of China (WW1 onwards). Their zeal to stand up and be counted and contribute their self for the nation FIRST is something I have always admired of the lot across HK's border.

I do not deny this strategy.

This strategy works very well.

But this strategy is a conventional tactic ,the other generals will do that also

If General Macarthur can defeat Japan at the beginning , I will raise my big thumb.

The only achievement which I admire is"battle of inchon" , that is really genius tactic.

But I do not think a single success can make him five star

As I said the Japanese were not expecting an island hopping strategy.
They thought they had plenty of time to prepare. But by bypassing their outer layers of defense we caught them WAY off guard.

So called leapfrog strategy is a joke ,US boast MacArthur for no reason .

he held absolute predominance at that time .

everybody can win with any kind of strategy or tactic if he had such great military power .

I do not know what achievement make him five-star general .
At least he and his Marines beat Japanese in those Pacific islands and controlled airports, to support fighters & bombers to the Navy battle, and can directly bomb the Japan islands.

As I said they the Japanese were not expecting an island hopping strategy.
They thought they had plenty of time to prepare. But by bypassing their outer layers of defense we caught them way off guard.
That's true.

But is this enough to make MacArthur 5 stars ?

In my opinion , he was overrated. What do you think .

At least he and his Marines beat Japanese in those Pacific islands and controlled airports, to support fighters & bombers to the Navy battle, and can directly bomb the Japan islands.
Yes , but five stars general is the highest honor .

He was not qualified to this title.

That's true.

But is this enough to make MacArthur 5 stars ?

In my opinion , he was overrated. What do you think .

Yes , but five stars general is the highest honor .

He was not qualified to this title.

Well I personally was never a fan of MacArthur so I'm not going to comment on his 5 stars.

The Leap Frogging strategy wasn't his idea. It was just a contingency plan conceived well before the war started. Plan "purple" or something like that. The US had/has contingency plans for every country on the planet (including our own).

Well I personally was never a fan of MacArthur so I'm not going to comment on his 5 stars.

The Leap Frogging strategy wasn't his idea. It was just a contingency plan conceived well before the war started. Plan "purple" or something like that. The US had/has contingency plans for every country on the planet (including our own).
He is handsome!
I must admit

Senkaku Island is a non-negotiable issue. It is sovereign Japanese territory.
Millions of Chinese had fought and scarified themselves against Imperial Japanese aggression during WWII (2nd Sino-Japanese war).

Japan lose WWII (2nd Sino-Japanese war) and surrendered unconditionally.

Japan must return what Japan had taken by aggression.

There is NEVER proper justice for my people. NEVER. This fucking historical injustice will always linger in our mind that we won't forget. This is why you see us never backing down when it comes to territorial integrity. We will fight to the dead, to the last inches of our territory, to the last man, and to never let our humiliation be at the hand of enemy. Today, we can united and stand strong by ourselves and will defend our rights. The Chinese people dignity shall never be violated ever again!

When you have more than 20 millions people slaughtered by the japs, even more including all other countries invaded, you would not think or use the word: funny.
That doesn't mean that they shouldn't be deprived of the same right as other nations just because they did something stupid in the past.

@Nihonjin1051 , welcome to the forum, it is great to have a Japanese in the conversation, so we can get to know more about the Japanese point of view. I think it is a great opportunity for all forum members and I appreciate your taking the time.

I have some questions about the Rising Sun flag:
Rising Sun Flag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Rising Sun Flag (旭日旗 Kyokujitsu-ki?) is the military flag of Japan.[1] This flag, dating from the Edo period, is used as a symbol of good fortune. On January 27, 1870, as a policy of the Meiji Restoration, it was adopted as the national flag.[2] The naval ensign and a modified version of the war flag continue to be used by the Japan Self-Defense Forces, and the design is also incorporated into many commercial products and advertisements. However, as the flag was used by the Japanese in the conquest and occupation of East Asia and during the war in the Pacific, it is considered offensive in South Korea[3][4] and China,[5] where it is considered to be associated with Japanese militarism and imperialism.

Design
The design is similar to the flag of Japan in that it has a red circle close to the middle signifying the sun, the difference being the addition of extra sun rays (16 for the ensign) exemplifying the name of Japan as "The Land of the Rising Sun". The Imperial Japanese Army first adopted the Rising Sun Flag in 1870.[6] The Imperial Japanese Army and the Imperial Japanese Navy both had a version of the flag; the naval ensign was off-set, with the red sun closer to the lanyard side, while the army's version (which was part of the regimental colors) was centered. It was adopted in 1889. The flag was used in overseas actions from the Meiji period to World War II. When Japan was defeated in August 1945 and the Imperial Army and Navy were dissolved, the flag fell into disuse. However with the re-establishment of a Self-Defense Force the flag was re-adopted in 1954. The flag with 16 rays is today the ensign of the Maritime Self-Defense Force while the Ground Self-Defense Force uses an 8-ray version.[1]

Present-day perception
The flag is considered offensive in countries with a strong anti-Japanese sentiment, specifically in China and South Korea,[7] where it is considered to be associated with Japanese militarism and imperialism. During the 2008 Beijing Olympics, Japanese fans were warned not to fly the flag as it would cause offense and trouble with the Chinese.[8][9] In Japan itself the flag is sometimes seen at sporting events and protests by extreme right-wing groups.[10] The Rising Sun flag also appears on commercial product labels, such as on the cans of one variety of Asahi Breweries lager beer.[11] The design is also incorporated into the flag of the Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun as well as banners called Tairyō-ki (大漁旗 Good Catch Flag?) flown by fishermen."

220px-Naval_Ensign_of_Japan.svg.png

Naval ensign, flown by ships of the Imperial Japanese Navy (1889–1945) and Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force. (1954–present) Flag ratio: 2:3

220px-War_flag_of_the_Imperial_Japanese_Army.svg.png

War flag of the Imperial Japanese Army. (1870–1945)

220px-Flag_of_JSDF.svg.png

The flag of the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it looks like JMSDF is still using the old Imperial Japanese Navy flag. My question is if it seems offensive to people of China and Korean peninsula, why do Japan still continue to use this flag?

I noticed that your avatar picture is showing a JMSDF rising sun flag. But I think many people are not aware that it is still in use by JMSDF and could misunderstand you as a Japanese right wing nationalist.

I don't mean to offer any suggestion to Japanese govt., but dropping the usage of this flag would definitely contribute, albeit in a small way, to improvement of relationship with your close neighbors to the West. As I see it, Japan's long term future security and well being is with Asia, not with EU or NATO. Creating unnecessary hostility with close neighbors is only going to benefit people who do not want to see Asian unity and integration, while they are integrating their own regional union and military alliance treaty org, to ensure their own security and well being.

@ephone I believe @Kaan has a valid point. Japan's militarization I believe is not bad for China, because only with militarization, they will become less and less dependent on the US. But I could be wrong about this. The way I look at it is, if the US is uncomfortable about this development, which I believe is the case, then this has got to be good for China.

China is not looking for revenge.

What China ask is what millions of Chinese had fought tooth and nail, suffered against impossible odd in-order to win a victory over imperial Japan for:

To right what we have been done wrong.

Japan should return what Japan has took from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom