What's new

Chinese swear their revenge on Japanese (Sino-Japanese War)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do not mind to forget the past.

To forget the past, you have to recognize the past, not fabricate what has happened.

In japan's case, it is the worst since the fabrication is from top to bottom starting from japan's governments again and again.

If you do not have the gut to recognize what has happened in the past, who will trust you and believe you will not do it all over again???

Very fair comment, @Chinese-Dragon , and yes, may there always be auspicious peace between Japan and China.

Despite the geopolitical differences, Japan and China are kin to each other. Japan owes much of our culture and our writing to China, which we do consider as a big brother. The Confucian culture that is seen in Japan and Korea come from China. I guess it is part of the North East Asian bond we have: Chinese, Korean and Japanese.

So, that said, let the past be the past, let us forget shameful events, and focus on the future.

@p4kistan , I would remind you not to use that term "Jap" as it is a racist term. Kindly exercise better judgement next time. Thank You.

I just can't help seeing the CJK FTA coming into fruition. That's going to create and Asian economic juggernaut to the tune of the EU.

That can form a basis for greater political relationship, including sorting out territorial disputes in such a way that all sides benefit.

In China's radar is the US in Asia; Japan may be considered a threat by China only to the degree it is aligned with the US.

What separates us from forming a great Asian union is an unwanted barbarian regime.

I am a proponent of a resurgent Japan. As a Japanese, I know firsthand the quality of our products and the unprecedented work ethic of my people, not to mention the technological mastery of the Japanese. One has to understand the current political situation of Japan. Abe, our current Prime Minister, and many conservative Japanese ministers want to ammend our constitution that puts unecessary limitations on Japanese defense forces. One, the term "Japanese Self Defence Force" should and must be renamed as "Japanese Armed Forces, or Imperial Japanese Armed Forces" in regards to the office of the Emperor.

Second, the Treaty between Japan and the United States should remain, as it has been in effect for over 50 years. An alliance does not necessarily mean Japan must be limited to absconding the national interests of Japan for American sensitivities. I believe that it is possible to develop closer ties between China (PRC), Taiwan, South Korea.

In my opinion, it is inevitable that Japan will take on greater responsibilities in these coming years.

Renaming it to "Imperial Japanese Armed Forces" is the worst case since the whole world, including your ally U.S., know clearly that the emperor of japan then IS the No. 1 war criminal in WWII.

That bastard should have been hanged then for what it has caused to Chinese people and all people in other Asian countries.

I am a proponent of a resurgent Japan. As a Japanese, I know firsthand the quality of our products and the unprecedented work ethic of my people, not to mention the technological mastery of the Japanese. One has to understand the current political situation of Japan. Abe, our current Prime Minister, and many conservative Japanese ministers want to ammend our constitution that puts unecessary limitations on Japanese defense forces. One, the term "Japanese Self Defence Force" should and must be renamed as "Japanese Armed Forces, or Imperial Japanese Armed Forces" in regards to the office of the Emperor.

Second, the Treaty between Japan and the United States should remain, as it has been in effect for over 50 years. An alliance does not necessarily mean Japan must be limited to absconding the national interests of Japan for American sensitivities. I believe that it is possible to develop closer ties between China (PRC), Taiwan, South Korea.

In my opinion, it is inevitable that Japan will take on greater responsibilities in these coming years.

We do not mind to forget the past.

To forget the past, you have to recognize the past, not fabricate what has happened.

In japan's case, it is the worst since the fabrication is from top to bottom starting from japan's governments again and again.

If you do not have the gut to recognize what has happened in the past, who will trust you and believe you will not do it all over again???

@ephone ,

I went to secondary school in Japan and pursued my collegiate and graduate studies here in the United States. I can affirm with you that many of us younger generation know of the crimes committed during the Great Pacific War. There are some text books that have taken the position that it was a defensive war on our part, and some have mitigated the atrocities, however, these books have largely been replaced. We are very aware of the actions the Japanese Empire committed during the war.

For me, let us move forward, stop talking about old wounds. Japan is over 2,500 years old; China is over 5,000 years old. Let us not make the past war the 'make all end all' of Japanese and Chinese relations. We have existed and coexisted in peace before. Who says peace cannot remain for the next 2 millenia?

Renaming it to "Imperial Japanese Armed Forces" is the worst case since the whole world, including your ally U.S., know clearly that the emperor of japan then IS the No. 1 war criminal in WWII.

That bastard should have been hanged then for what it has caused to Chinese people and all people in other Asian countries.

His Imperial Majesty was not charged with war crimes, even by the report made by Gen. MacArthur. The Office of the Emperor, as reestablished by the Meiji Restoration, is above government. Even when Prime Minister Hideki Tojo and militarists in Japan took power and adopted expansionist policies, the Emperor objected when he read a poem written by the Emperor Meiji:

"The seas of the four directions—
all are born of one womb:
why, then, do the wind and waves rise in discord?"

To remain peaceful with japan, I do think it is the common interest for all the people included.

As what I have said, I do not mind to move on passing the past.

To do so, I think japan need discipline itself, not having politicians keep jumping out saying there was no Nanjing massacre, paying respect to war criminals year after year, modifying textbooks and fabricating invasion as enter, remaining old japan soldiers wearing WWII uniforms and justify all criminal activities they have committed....

You cannot expect China or other asian countries fully trust japan when you mention peace on one hand and keep doing those above on the other hand. Do you see anywhere in Europe people wearing Nazi's uniforms to praise Hitler??? Well, those nutcases are put in Jail already.

Trust is won not by words, but by actions. So far, I pretty much see few of that from japan side.

@ephone ,

I went to secondary school in Japan and pursued my collegiate and graduate studies here in the United States. I can affirm with you that many of us younger generation know of the crimes committed during the Great Pacific War. There are some text books that have taken the position that it was a defensive war on our part, and some have mitigated the atrocities, however, these books have largely been replaced. We are very aware of the actions the Japanese Empire committed during the war.

For me, let us move forward, stop talking about old wounds. Japan is over 2,500 years old; China is over 5,000 years old. Let us not make the past war the 'make all end all' of Japanese and Chinese relations. We have existed and coexisted in peace before. Who says peace cannot remain for the next 2 millenia?

It is the first time for me to know that "Jap" as it is a racist term. Can someone tell me, why?

It is a racist term, as far as I know, created by the US racists at the time of the climax of their hateful policies in the US against the Japanese, including confiscations and concentration camps.

We did not invent the term, hence, there is no reason we use the term invented by White racists.

Remember, they also use many racial slurs, as Chinese Dragon mentions, against all other Asian peoples. It would be serving to their interests if we took up the terminology and reduced ourselves to their level.

Last edited:
His Imperial Majesty was not charged with war crimes, even by the report made by Gen. MacArthur.

The US Military was trying to avoid fighting the entire civilian population of Japan. The fanatic loyalty of the people can only be compared to the current situation in North Korea. Can you imagine the crazed response if anything happened with Kim jong-un?
That whole country would go into psychotic nightmare mode.

You are not that naive to believe he is not responsible simply because he was not charged with war crimes, right???

He was the top leader making all final decisions for all invasions. Saying he was not a war criminal is the same way as saying Hitler was not responsible for Germany's WWII crimes.

Then you ask, why he was not charged???

Well, it is a compromise what U.S. has done to conclude WWII in that circumstance and U.S. need japan to turn its "gun" to the overgrowing communists threat.

Hanging him indeed would have served the justice. However, it does not have much benefit to U.S. To keep him alive, to keep japan at bay, U.S. would turn japan into another anti-communist ally, which would have been much more beneficial to U.S. interest.

Not only that bastard, a lot of war criminals were not charged or sentenced for the right sentence. For example, the unit 731's war criminal Shirō Ishii should have been hanged for its role in chemical and biological weapons uses against China and Russian people. However, the world was amazed that bastards like him got released.

Why??? Very simple, U.S. need his cooperation to get all the data for his inhuman experiments for its chemical and biological weapon programs.
Shirō Ishii - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Immunity

Arrested by the US occupation authorities at the end of World War II, Ishii and other Unit 731 leaders were to be thoroughly interrogated by the Soviet authorities.[7] Instead Ishii and his team managed to negotiate and receive immunity in 1946 from war-crimes prosecution before the Tokyo tribunal in exchange for their full disclosure of germ warfare data based on human experimentation. Although the Soviet Russian authorities wished the prosecutions to take place, the USA objected after the reports of the investigating US microbiologists. Among these was Dr. Edwin Hill (Chief of Fort Detrick), whose report stated that the information was "absolutely invaluable", it "could never have been obtained in the USA because of scruples attached to experiments on humans", and "the information was obtained fairly cheaply".[7] On 6 May 1947, Douglas MacArthur wrote to Washington that "additional data, possibly some statements from Ishii probably can be obtained by informing Japanese involved that information will be retained in intelligence channels and will not be employed as 'War Crimes' evidence."[8] The deal was concluded in 1948.[citation needed] In this way Ishii was never prosecuted for any war crimes.

The list goes on and on.

@ephone ,

His Imperial Majesty was not charged with war crimes, even by the report made by Gen. MacArthur. The Office of the Emperor, as reestablished by the Meiji Restoration, is above government. Even when Prime Minister Hideki Tojo and militarists in Japan took power and adopted expansionist policies, the Emperor objected when he read a poem written by the Emperor Meiji:

"The seas of the four directions—
all are born of one womb:
why, then, do the wind and waves rise in discord?"

Last edited:
I think Chinese people can forgive, but we will never forget.

Japan surrendered after WWII, Japan should abide by her term of surrender.

China's twenty million death in WWII cannot be for nothing, Japan should not profit by her past aggression against Chinese people.

They should give up their claim for Diaoyu Island.

It is not a question of revenge, it is a question of Justice.

If Japan start 2nd Sino-Japan War or If Japan shoot first bullet, the JUSTICE must come.
Chinese never forget what Japanese did crimes in WWII. It depend on how Japan deal with Sino-Japan relationship in the future.

Last edited:
"jap" is a racist word ?

I saw this word in many US tv

The US Military was trying to avoid fighting the entire civilian population of Japan. The fanatic loyalty of the people can only be compared to the current situation in North Korea. Can you imagine the crazed response if anything happened with Kim jong-un?
That whole country would go into psychotic nightmare mode.

@Peter C ,

It was the late Emperor Hirohito who confronted the Tojo Government and impressed his view to end the conflict, unconditionally. In fact, hardliners stormed the Imperial Palace to prevent His Imperial Majesty from broadcasting to the population. It was his Divine status amongst the Japanese people at the time that commanded utmost loyalty and persuaded the people to accept the terms of surrender.

Had the Emperor been a sadistic warmonger-er as some of his enemies claimed he was, he would have never recited his grandfather Meiji's poetic piece during the Imperial Privy Council in '41. Had he been a fanatic, he would have never accepted surrendered, and Operation Olympus would have been initiated; and over 90 million Japanese would have fought to the very end.

It did not happen. We can attest that to the intervention of the Emperor.

Why blame the current generation of Japanese people for the crimes of their ancestors?

Should I find the closest Japanese I can find in Hong Kong (there are plenty) and crack their skull open with a hammer?

No, because they are not responsible for the crimes of Imperial Japan. They had nothing to do with it.

Many of the worst war criminals were executed 70 years ago. Any soldier who was 18 at the end of WW2 is now 90 years old, or dead.

That said, we will never forget the crimes against our ancestors committed by the Imperial Japanese Army. And if the modern Japanese government wants to follow in their footsteps, they are our enemy. Hopefully they will be more sensible this time, and seek peace instead.
lol, you have no idea what those navy generals think```they want a war with japs, thats for sure.....two uncles served in the navy, and they said its their untold tradition and goal in navy

I think Chinese people can forgive, but we will never forget.

Japan surrendered after WWII, Japan should abide by her term of surrender.

China's twenty million death in WWII cannot be for nothing, Japan should not profit by her past aggression against Chinese people.

They should give up their claim for Diaoyu Island.

It is not a question of revenge, it is a question of Justice.

Senkaku Island is a non-negotiable issue. It is sovereign Japanese territory.

"jap" is a racist word ?

I saw this word in many US tv

That term is as severe as the word "Chink" which is a derogatory term for oriental peoples.

Some racist terms for asian people include, " gook, chink, squinty, jap,..etc".

So, let us not say such things.

@Peter C ,

It was the late Emperor Hirohito who confronted the Tojo Government and impressed his view to end the conflict, unconditionally. In fact, hardliners stormed the Imperial Palace to prevent His Imperial Majesty from broadcasting to the population. It was his Divine status amongst the Japanese people at the time that commanded utmost loyalty and persuaded the people to accept the terms of surrender.

That was part of it. If Hirohito hadn't stepped in then yes things would have come to an even more horrible end.

HOWEVER he did that because he had "had enough'. Not that he was a peace loving person. He had plenty of time from say the invasion of Manchuria in the early 1930's to step in and put a stop to things...that's a LONG time to sit on your hands and do nothing, If Japan were still winning he wouldn't be stepping in out of the goodness of his heart. He did because the war was lost and he could see a disaster looming for his people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom