What's new

Tata Nano launching in the US

Fiat 500, Smart better watch out ! Here comes your rival.

Fiat 500

Smart

Both of these cars are catastrophic sales failures. If the Tata Nano were to come to the US it would be just as big of a failure. Not that it will, anyone who has done their homework on the subject knows that, Mahindra and Tata have been saying for years now that they will come to the US. Mahindra has dropped out altogether (and faces tons of lawsuits right now as a result) and Tata keeps on breaking release dates and raising prices on the car. No one in their right mind is going to pay $8,000+ USD for a Tata Nano. Too small, too unrefined, too slow, too unsafe, too unreliable, etc. India needs to get into the US car market as soon as possible, first they need to learn what US consumers want, how to do business in a proper manner (delivering results, not excuses), and being able to make a product that is going to sell at a very competitive pricing structure.

Both of these cars are catastrophic sales failures. If the Tata Nano were to come to the US it would be just as big of a failure. Not that it will, anyone who has done their homework on the subject knows that, Mahindra and Tata have been saying for years now that they will come to the US. Mahindra has dropped out altogether (and faces tons of lawsuits right now as a result) and Tata keeps on breaking release dates and raising prices on the car. No one in their right mind is going to pay $8,000+ USD for a Tata Nano. Too small, too unrefined, too slow, too unsafe, too unreliable, etc. India needs to get into the US car market as soon as possible, first they need to learn what US consumers want, how to do business in a proper manner (delivering results, not excuses), and being able to make a product that is going to sell at a very competitive pricing structure.

Thats true. Americans like big things. A Nano? Nah. Some guys wont even fit in the car :lol:

They should look how the Koreans do their marketing.

Brah...

Thats true. Americans like big things. A Nano? Nah. Some guys wont even fit in the car :lol:

Most Americans weigh more than the nano, over there it would be classified as a "skateboard"...

:P

They should look how the Koreans do their marketing.

Brah...

They're going to need a lot of hamsters...

To drive, you need to get in to the car. That means people need to be nano size which american are not. If Tata comes with a cheap big sized car everyone will run for it. As long as it can be fitted with big *** aluminium wheels and jumping springs people will buy. :-)

If they brand it as a teen car it will sell i guess. People wont mind getting a new car for their kids as their first car. Parents buy used cars for their teens in that budget.

North America is less dense population wise then Europe, and has lots of open roads across country. A larger car is preferred.

But East Asia has seen a demand for mall cars recently, does TATA plan to get into China?

One good thread about india and the poster as well the India start getting attacked . They will derail this thread . I hope mods are watching .

What are the prospects of this car doing well in the US ?

I dont know about US market i guess its same as Canada but here in Canada a car has to be atleast 1.5 liter to be able to drive on the highways. Is nano 1.5 liter if not wont it increase the price if they put 1.5 liter engine in it. But i still doubt if a car costs 3000 in India will still cost 3000 in US, would at least be double

nobody is going to buy that piece of junk.

indians will be losing money instead of making money by trying to sell it here.

the cheapest new car in the u.s. today is the Nissan Versa Sedan: $10,990

i don't know who would be stupid enough to buy the tata nano.

Send the nano to Pakistan. We may be enemies, but not brand conscious and shallow like Americans. :)

There's definitely a niche market for small cars. But if you're going bring it. Bring the Europa, not the basic one.

nano_tata_big9.jpg

tata_nano_europa_press_image_003.jpg

Tata-Nano-Europa-EV-2.jpg

47317_tata_nano_europa_04-4b77a9fbed8a6.jpg

I see these things from time to time.

smart-car-1.jpg

800px-Smart_Fortwo_II_Cabrio.JPG

I know this thread isn't about Mahindra, but I think their new electric REVA models can be a success in Europe and Americas too.

reva.jpg

reva_nxr_3.jpg

I can't even imagine how embarassing it would be driving around with your family in that car.

Even indians here won't buy it.

Would I buy it? No. But there is a niche group of people that buys small city cars like the smart car.

It's not their primary car.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't even imagine how embarrassing it would be driving around with your family in that car.

Even indians here won't buy it.
it is not exactly meant to be a family car. how many families did u see traveling in a smart car or a mini?
but agreed on the point that i don't see this being launched in US anytime soon. it sounds more like a marketing stunt by tata

Back
Top Bottom