What's new

Spotted: India's Ratan Tata in Honda car

thank you @Lankan Ranger
indians are going to be furious since this proves that indian cars are garbage, i mean they have to be if the guy making them wont even drive them lol.

I believe this one is the best car. :D :D :D

sitara1.jpg

cart.jpg

habib_sitara_city_cart_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I dono what is the fuss in this.... If he want to try another car whats wrong.... What makes it more interesting is the comments are coming from members whose country cant even produce a 70 CC 2 Stroke moped....... Hight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lankans and Pakistani's :omghaha:

Thank you guys for the entertainment - makes my visit to PDF worthwhile with all the laughter I get from your posts.

I believe this one is the best car. :D :D :D

sitara1.jpg

cart.jpg

habib_sitara_city_cart_2.jpg
i want a cng a diesel one....and mind it automatic...sedan model...tube less tires.....fog lights....read view camera....digital display....car smart compute.....airbags.....sony iv music system(base enhabcement).....seat belts....alloys.......bluetooth........and finally a windscreen..doors....wooden interior tailor made....
....please if u can doo these enhancements i'm ready to buy:flame:
by the way is it a new model of this 1929 vintage car(shown below)or this was an older one made in 1920?
vintage.jpg

The degree of stupidity in your post doesn't behove a Think Tank.

I love it when Indians throw a tantrum!

Let's say for a "Company X" - there are two well-established, legitimate ways of growing. Organic - whereby one engages in R&D to develop indigenous technology. And Second - Inorganic - whereby one surpasses the long and tedious part, and simply buys out someone with the technical know how. Either ways, the technology, the product, the brand, the company and the know-how rests solely with "Company X", which in this case happens to be Tata Motors, which happens to be an Indian automotive giant.

And don't be so dismissive of the ability to write checks. Tata Motors worked itself into a powerful position to be able to challenge global giants. Today, Tata Motors' market cap, alone, is roughly 5 times that of the entire auto sector in pak.

All your blabbering doesn't change the FACT that the cars established their reputation as a symbol of British engineering. Even now, when someone buys a Jaguar or a Land Rover, they are buying British engineering, not Indian engineering. The only thing Indian about Jaguar is the top management which are only johnny come lately's as far as the firm's (well deserved) reputation is concerned.

As I wrote, just because some company buys Boeing, no one (except deluded Indians) will claim that India represents aerospace excellence.

Or, to put it another way, if a Saudi company buys Jaguar,will it somehow indicate an overnight surge in Saudi engineering excellence?

Yes, but they are British designed, engineered and built cars. India only writes the checks.

If tomorrow some Indian company bought Boeing, would anyone seriously claim that these were Indian products?

It's not a Indian concept.

India just copied the blueprints and attached TATA label on it. Doesnt make it yours.

I love it when Indians throw a tantrum!

All your blabbering doesn't change the FACT that the cars established their reputation as a symbol of British engineering. Even now, when someone buys a Jaguar or a Land Rover, they are buying British engineering, not Indian engineering. The only thing Indian about Jaguar is the top management which are only johnny come lately's as far as the firm's (well deserved) reputation is concerned.

As I wrote, just because some company buys Boeing, no one (except deluded Indians) will claim that India represents aerospace excellence.

Or, to put it another way, if a Saudi company buys Jaguar,will it somehow indicate an overnight surge in Saudi engineering excellence?

No one except you is claiming engineering excellence or aerospace excellence. We are just showing you the fact that Tata does own JLR. We are not claiming engineering excellence. Its just that TATA owns that excellence now. And through TATA, India owns it now.

Thick skulls...is it?! You do realize that you are arguing not against me, rather the credibility of an established practice (inorganic growth), which is common place and is seen all across the world??

No thick skulls but a reality check to Indians that buying a company which has built its reputation over decades does not entitle you to claim its engineering excellence as your own achievement.

Here's another free example to make my point: all the fancy marvels of construction in Dubai do not give credit to the Arabs who write the checks, but to the architects, engineers and construction companies who actually build those constructs.

whats news in this??tatas have many things in their product list from water packets to salt to gold to ac s to vehicles to software that doest mean that they must use only their product.funny people so if tata do not own textiles does it mean that they should'nt wear any dress???ofcourse tatas also have textiles and dont start another 1000 threads now that tata is not using tata textiles tata is not using voltas ac tata is not using tata salt tata is not drinking from tata water packet..pathetic people

No thick skulls but a reality check to Indians that buying a company which has built its reputation over decades does not entitle you to claim its engineering excellence as your own achievement.

Here's another free example to make my point: all the fancy marvels of construction in Dubai do not give credit to the Arabs who write the checks, but to the architects, engineers and construction companies who actually build those constructs.

A company is just an artificial person n its only as good as its Management just as the building is as good as its architect. Ur example of Arabs of Dubai don't fit here as the Arabs r nothing more than customers or consumers of the final product.

But it was the TATAs who turned around the loss making enterprise high profit organisation.

N yes with the development n funding of all the present n future products of the company they can very well claim its achievements...:)

For starters, I am operating on the premise that even in case of engineering excellence, JLR, by virtue of having been bought over by Tata, is now Indian. (I have explained how inorganic growth works)

But to merely humor you, even if I were to concede that engineering excellence is still British, I am appalled at how you relegate finance, vision, management, leadership, strategy as being secondary to engineering expertise. The fact that JLR was bought over as a result of a distress sale, is a clear enough indication that engineering, alone, cannot and does not guarantee success.

Today, Tata has infused the company with leadership that is typical of the salt-to-software conglomerate in India and has taken JLR to new heights - to an extent - that Tata Motors, now, is more dependant on JLR sales for its revenue that domestic sales in India. By virtue of having revitalized the company, alone, JLR is now as much a part of the Tata stable as it is Indian.

I am appalled at how you relegate finance, vision, management, leadership, strategy as being secondary to engineering expertise. The fact that JLR was bought over as a result of a distress sale, is a clear enough indication that engineering, alone, cannot and does not guarantee success.

Everything a company does -- everything -- is ultimately geared to build a brand because that is what customers buy: the brand. Even the engineering excellence is subservient to that ultimate goal.

The brand of Jaguar and Land Rover is British, not Indian. I can guarantee you that all of Tata's marketing aims to revive -- yes revive, because the brand was painstakingly built over decades -- the notion that you are buying the best of British excellence, not Indian.

If Tata advertised Jaguar as an "Indian car", the brand would be destroyed.

Back
Top Bottom