What's new

Tata Nano launching in the US

Nano is not really a competition for SMART;

I wish if nano could do this

0.jpg

it is not exactly meant to be a family car. how many families did u see traveling in a smart car or a mini?
but agreed on the point that i don't see this being launched in US anytime soon. it sounds more like a marketing stunt by tata

Personally, I hope they don't bring it here at all.

I'll bet that the folks claiming that the Nano is a below par product have never even test-driven one. It's a fairly decent automobile for your money's worth.

Jay Leno has his share of fancy wheels and he made no bones over adding the Nano to his collection.

tata-nano-jay-leno_560x420.jpg

Jay Leno impressed with TATA Nano

I'm confused, you just put "smart car" and "respect" in the same statement...

:lol:

From what I hear, its pretty reliable, has among the best mileage. And of course, it is German; appealing to those who prefer German cars.

to be fair, it is a good product, but it is tailored for a market audience that is not present in the states. nano is well suited for developing countries where car ownership is still a luxury.
leno gets that and reviewed it accordingly

I'll bet that the folks claiming that the Nano is a below par product have never even test-driven one. It's a fairly decent automobile for your money's worth.

Jay Leno has his share of fancy wheels and he made no bones over adding the Nano to his collection.

Jay Leno is likely hired by Tata for promotion purposes. He was a host at the Jaguar XJ unveiling ceremony.

I drive about 20000 miles a year. I doubt it will make it to first 5000 miles in it's present form. I'm not say anything bad about the nano but this car will not sell in its present form right now, it will have to be modified quite a bit.

From what I hear, its pretty reliable, has among the best mileage. And of course, it is German; appealing to those who prefer German cars.

Reliability of the smart car is rated among the worst of any car ever made, the fuel mileage (32 highway) is worse than cars 3 times its size, and the car itself was designed by a Swede, manufactured in France, and is only German in terms of stock ownership. The only thing the smart car has going for it is how easy it is to park.

Nope. He bought one for his garage. It was covered by most auto mags over here;

Jay Leno Buys Himself A Tata Nano | News - Oneindia Drivespark

Jay Leno has 1 copy of pretty much every car ever made. The fact that he "bought" one means pretty much nothing. Everyone who has reviewed the nano has been overly negative as a whole (from any unbiased source)

You notice how he did this right after he "insulted" the Sikh temple? And he was getting some **** because of it?

I wouldn't take it seriously.

Reliability of the smart car is rated among the worst of any car ever made, the fuel mileage (32 highway) is worse than cars 3 times its size, and the car itself was designed by a Swede, manufactured in France, and is only German in terms of stock ownership. The only thing the smart car has going for it is how easy it is to park.

I never knew. I'm looking this up on google. It's pretty much getting trashed.

Jay Leno has 1 copy of pretty much every car ever made. The fact that he "bought" one means pretty much nothing. Everyone who has reviewed the nano has been overly negative as a whole (from any unbiased source)

A copy of every car ever made? I'm pretty sure that he doesn't. Yes, him buying a Nano isn't any indication of worth but Leno is a serious and ruthless critic when it comes to cars and his approval can't hurt.

I haven't come across the "unbiased" sources yet but I've driven one and couldn't find many complaints. Of course, I wasn't expecting plasma screens on it's hood :lol:. You get what you pay for and considering the recession and gas prices, things just might work in favor of the little fella.

A copy of every car ever made? I'm pretty sure that he doesn't. Yes, him buying a Nano isn't any indication of worth but he is a serious and ruthless critic when it comes to cars and his approval can't hurt.

I haven't come across the "unbiased" sources yet but I've driven one and couldn't find many complaints. Of course, I wasn't expecting plasma screens on it's hood :lol:. You get what you pay for and considering the recession and gas prices, things just might work in favor of the little fella.

It was a figure of speech, hence why I said "pretty much" as far as Jay Leno being a car guy, he has a lot of cars, but IMO that's about as far as his credibility extends. He is a car collector, as opposed to a car enthusiast. For the money ($8k+) there are far better transportation options both in the US and India (exactly why Nano sales have been so terrible since it was first introduced)

I never knew. I'm looking this up on google. It's pretty much getting trashed.

Yes, it is quite astounding how hard that car flopped.

It was a figure of speech, hence why I said "pretty much" as far as Jay Leno being a car guy, he has a lot of cars, but IMO that's about as far as his credibility extends. He is a car collector, as opposed to a car enthusiast. For the money ($8k+) there are far better transportation options both in the US and India (exactly why Nano sales have been so terrible since it was first introduced)

I am familiar with the figure of speech, my opposition to it's usage is that it implies pretty much every production model goes through Leno's hand at some point eventually, which is exceedingly untrue.

For the rest of your assertions, let's give it some time to marinate, shall we? None of the issues with regards to price or features have been finalized. Heck,the automobile will first have to clear American standards and regulations which might result in a new model altogether. All we can possibly do at this point is to watch how this develops.

Back
Top Bottom