What's new

Tata Nano launching in the US

For the rest of your assertions, let's give it some time to marinate, shall we? None of the issues with regards to price or features have been finalized. Heck,the automobile will first have to clear American standards and regulations which might result in a new model altogether. All we can possibly do at this point is to watch how this develops.

All I am saying is that I don't hold the most optimistic view for a car that failed in the most catastrophic manner possible. (in the market it was specifically designed for no less) Dealer network failures, cars exploding into balls of flame for no foreseeable reason, price increases, absolutely horrific sales figures, massive quality issues, poor reviews, unknown safety scores, etc. As i said before, India needs to get into the US market, however the Nano is certainly not the vehicle to do it with. You have one chance to make a first impression with the US public, sending out the Nano as the first Indian car to go on US soil is akin to sending out a paraplegic to showcase military special forces. It's only going to end up with a massive failure.

^fair point. :tup:
tata needs to up its game in India first and develop a car worthy of cut-throat competition here.

All I am saying is that I don't hold the most optimistic view for a car that failed in the most catastrophic manner possible. (in the market it was specifically designed for no less) Dealer network failures, cars exploding into balls of flame for no foreseeable reason, price increases, absolutely horrific sales figures, massive quality issues, poor reviews, unknown safety scores, etc. As i said before, India needs to get into the US market, however the Nano is certainly not the vehicle to do it with. You have one chance to make a first impression with the US public, sending out the Nano as the first Indian car to go on US soil is akin to sending out a paraplegic to showcase military special forces. It's only going to end up with a massive failure.

Fair enough. Like I stated earlier, a redesign of the Nano to suit American roads and compliance standards was always on the cards. It's just a question of how far they will go to garner sales in the United States.

Just read the article. Tata plans to bring the Nano to the US, just like every other car manufacturer in the world. Tata has taken absolutely no steps towards actually doing it.

In all fairness, the Nano is a classic example of POS... The only thing Tata will achieve in bringing in Nano is to kill their Range Rover because no one wants to shell out 90k next to a garbage that costs 3000. If you just want a cheap car might as well get Yaris.

Its' funny to see a Chin talking about junk or cheapness.. :lol:

on topic, it's a bold step by Tata and it will reap fruit in the long run.. There may or may not be any short term gains..

Its' funny to see a Chin talking about junk or cheapness.. :lol:

on topic, it's a bold step by Tata and it will reap fruit in the long run.. There may or may not be any short term gains..

Indian goods are still decades behind Chinese goods in terms of quality or you would see Indian goods on shelves of other countries. Don't bring the low wage argument because the average Chinese sweat shop worker wage would be considered upper middle class in India.

Indian goods are still decades behind Chinese goods in terms of quality or you would see Indian goods on shelves of other countries. Don't bring the low wage argument because the average Chinese sweat shop worker wage would be considered upper middle class in India.

A Chinese talking about quality is another joke.. Every other day, you come across news like poisonous strawberries supplied to Germany or Melamine infected milk and numerous other similar news of reports. Does that tell us something?

About wages, an upper middle class Indian owns properties in excess of millions of dollars and earns a few thousand dollars a month. I am sure the folks who jumps to death from the top of Foxconn or the farmers or the brick kiln workers or the sweatshop workers must be earning more than that and for sure they must be having ownership of lands more than millions of dollars and yet they end up jumping to death for a few bucks.. Do you really want me to take your joke any seriously? If yes, say something that is worthy enough..

North America is less dense population wise then Europe, and has lots of open roads across country. A larger car is preferred.

But East Asia has seen a demand for mall cars recently, does TATA plan to get into China?

China already has this type car, but welcome TATA

A Chinese talking about quality is another joke.. Every other day, you come across news like poisonous strawberries supplied to Germany or Melamine infected milk and there are numerous other similar reports out there.

About wages, an upper middle class Indian owns properties in excess of millions of dollars and earns a few thousand dollars a month. I am sure the folks who jumps to death from the top of Foxconn or the farmers or the brick kiln workers or the sweatshop workers must be earning more than that and for sure must have ownership of lands more than millions of dollars and yet they die for a few buck.. :lol: Do you really want me to take your joke any seriously? If yes, say something that is worthy enough..

and primitive indian laughing at Chinese products quality is the joke of the joke, ever wonder why your country is runing on made in China power grid and your factories are functioning on made in China machineries```?

and also ever wonder why your so called Indian fake middle-class consum nothing but primitive products``just by visiting your country seeing those garbage cars runing on the mud road comparing with the cars runing on proper road in China you know what is real middle class and what is Indian style fake middle class``

Nano can be spotted in every town these days. however, Tata failed to move the target customers- "two wheelers used as family transport".
A logical thing for Tata is to move Nano production(CKD route) to Bangladesh or Srilanka and nourish the market for Nano from there.

Indians buy Vista,Indica and other models in excess. however, the number of Nano is not yet reaching even 5000 per month sales!

nothing wrong about the car, but budget car buyers prefer a maruti or hyundai these days.

Nano can be spotted in every town these days. however, Tata failed to move the target customers- "two wheelers used as family transport".
A logical thing for Tata is to move Nano production(CKD route) to Bangladesh or Srilanka and nourish the market for Nano from there.

Indians buy Vista,Indica and other models in excess. however, the number of Nano is not yet reaching even 5000 per month sales!

nothing wrong about the car, but budget car buyers prefer a maruti or hyundai these days.

Bangladeshi consumers would rather buy used Japanese than Indian maal.

:cheesy:

:devil:

:sniper:

and primitive indian laughing at Chinese products quality is the joke of the joke, ever wonder why your country is runing on made in China power grid and your factories are functioning on made in China machineries```?

and also ever wonder why your so called Indian fake middle-class consum nothing but primitive products``just by visiting your country seeing those garbage cars runing on the mud road comparing with the cars runing on proper road in China you know what is real middle class and what is Indian style fake middle class``

Looks like somebody here is pissed of with Indian products. Chinese power grid and Chinese machinery are planned but not yet implemented. Traditionally India goes for quality not Cheap tech just like our defense forces procurement.

Stop this idiotic trolling people.

The car has a 600 cc Engine, gives like what 60 miles a gallon? Its a good investment. But the price tag of 8k USD seems a bit high. Over here it is something like 3k I guess. But anyway, it is not for family use. It is not for cross country riding. It is not for race car driving. It is an economy car. That will give you a good mileage and can carry 4 people on short drives. I am not sure if there is a market for such things in the US but rarely have I seen small cars in the US. So maybe TATA needs to change strategy but if it wants to target a niche group of consumers, then why not?

A Chinese talking about quality is another joke.. Every other day, you come across news like poisonous strawberries supplied to Germany or Melamine infected milk and numerous other similar news of reports. Does that tell us something?

About wages, an upper middle class Indian owns properties in excess of millions of dollars and earns a few thousand dollars a month.

How does someone owns excess of millions while earn a few thousand dollars a month? May I ask what percentage of Indian population are middle class? Is the poor compose of 90% 5% are middle class nd bother 5% rich?

Back
Top Bottom