What's new

Tata Nano launching in the US

Nano has around 65 mph top speed. Most US highway speed limits are around 70. You can't just run a car at top speed all the time it would burn the engine. Nano at current design is not even a road worthy car in the US, let along all the stringent safety requirements, etc. Tata would have to make an entirely new car to get in the US market outside Range Rover.

The smart car has 80 mph top speed.

Correction: it is NOT launching right now. Tata wants to launch it is what the article says.
US has a minimum speed limit of 70mph ? are you sure that it's Mph? not Kmp ??

Nano has around 65 mph top speed. Most US highway speed limits are around 70. You can't just run a car at top speed all the time it would burn the engine. Nano at current design is not even a road worthy car in the US, let along all the stringent safety requirements, etc. Tata would have to make an entirely new car to get in the US market outside Range Rover.

The smart car has 80 mph top speed.

Correction: it is NOT launching right now. Tata wants to launch it is what the article says.

they are launching a different version on NANO , redesigned ,with much powerful engine .

While the Indian market gets a bare-bones Nano powered by a two-cylinder, 37-horsepower engine, Tata unsurprisingly says the US version will have a larger engine, power steering and traction control.

Redesigned Tata Nano to arrive in U.S. wearing price tag under $10k

All I am saying is that I don't hold the most optimistic view for a car that failed in the most catastrophic manner possible. (in the market it was specifically designed for no less) Dealer network failures, cars exploding into balls of flame for no foreseeable reason, price increases, absolutely horrific sales figures, massive quality issues, poor reviews, unknown safety scores, etc. As i said before, India needs to get into the US market, however the Nano is certainly not the vehicle to do it with. You have one chance to make a first impression with the US public, sending out the Nano as the first Indian car to go on US soil is akin to sending out a paraplegic to showcase military special forces. It's only going to end up with a massive failure.

You do have good points. You wish well for Tata and India, and I thank you for that. India is still considered third world in United States and it makes it that much difficult to surmount the tag...that everything third world is below standard. So, the first car from India must be the best we can offer.

India is still considered third world in United States and it makes it that much difficult to surmount the tag...that everything third world is below standard. So, the first car from India must be the best we can offer.
Americans will buy cars from "Third World" countries; ie Hyundai Excel and Yugo in 1985.

But the words of mouth spread at the lightening speed in the age of Internet and Tata must be careful at launch not to have crappy quality, because there are no second chances.

I bet people will prefer a Nano than a Hyundai crap.:mamba:

good job, India.

Some states go past 70 mph on freeways, but anyways, yeah the U.S. uses miles instead of kilometers, you can blame it on our metric system :lol:

70 mph.That is too slow for a developed country.Even in UAE speed limit is well over 100 mph.In germany their are none in freeways.No wonder they build fast cars.

70 mph.That is too slow for a developed country.Even in UAE speed limit is well over 100 mph.In germany their are none in freeways.No wonder they build fast cars.

America's infrastructure is surprisingly bad due to decades of neglect. You wouldn't want to drive faster than 70 mph even if it was legal due to all the pot holes.

Back
Top Bottom