What's new

Tata Nano launching in the US

"Indians going where Chinese can't go."

again you are showing the symptoms of 'inferiority complex' mate, damn India need some good psycho therapist.

well I don't generalize all Indians as such type of people, there many sane ones too I know, really nice guys to talk to, it's nice marketing move though please don't create drama like this...

Chicha… Why you are riding other’s pride.

Tata is the one burning people alive. Indian cars are not welcomed here.

A Chinese talking about quality is another joke.. Every other day, you come across news like poisonous strawberries supplied to Germany or Melamine infected milk and numerous other similar news of reports. Does that tell us something?

About wages, an upper middle class Indian owns properties in excess of millions of dollars and earns a few thousand dollars a month. I am sure the folks who jumps to death from the top of Foxconn or the farmers or the brick kiln workers or the sweatshop workers must be earning more than that and for sure they must be having ownership of lands more than millions of dollars and yet they end up jumping to death for a few bucks.. Do you really want me to take your joke any seriously? If yes, say something that is worthy enough..

This is from your own media.

Most of Indian 'middle class' earns between Rs 1000-2000 - Times Of India

Only 0.0009% of Indians earn more than Rs 10,000 per month

The ADB report defines the middle class as those earning between $2 and $20 per person per day, measured in international dollars, ie adjusted for purchasing power parity (WOW, so it is not even the actual figure). The ADB does add further nuance by splitting the middle class into three sub-sections: lower middle class ($2 - $4), middle middle ($4 - $10) and upper middle ($10 - $20).

On Foxconn
http://www.gizmag.com/foxconn-robot-workforce/24578/

This is relatively expensive when compared with the average worker salary of $6,400 a year, a figure that doubled from 2010 to 2011.

$6400 a year = $533 per month.

Conclusion: Truth hurts.

Fiat 500, Smart better watch out ! Here comes your rival.

Fiat 500
fiat_500.jpg

Smart
smart-car-1.jpg

The next gen Nano
DSC_0225-627x424.jpg

next gen Nano beats that fiat 500 and smart

This is from your own media.

Most of Indian 'middle class' earns between Rs 1000-2000 - Times Of India

Only 0.0009% of Indians earn more than Rs 10,000 per month

The ADB report defines the middle class as those earning between $2 and $20 per person per day, measured in international dollars, ie adjusted for purchasing power parity (WOW, so it is not even the actual figure). The ADB does add further nuance by splitting the middle class into three sub-sections: lower middle class ($2 - $4), middle middle ($4 - $10) and upper middle ($10 - $20).

On Foxconn
Foxconn slow to roll out its robot workforce

This is relatively expensive when compared with the average worker salary of $6,400 a year, a figure that doubled from 2010 to 2011.

$6400 a year = $533 per month.

Conclusion: Truth hurts.

I think you need to take those reports with a pinch of salt. A normal independent house in a major city will have a value of $100000 at the bottom & will rise to upwards of half a million dollars and this is just the average price at the lower middle/middle class levels. Any half decent plumber (in a major city) will make the figure quoted (Rs,1000 -2000/-) in a single day. He must belong to a super rich class by the standards of that definition, right? Even those at the bottom end of the scale can expect a salary of around Rs.5000/- per month & in organised sectors like say, a car manufacturer; the chaps at the bottom get around Rs.18000/- per month(Maruti as example).

While there is disparity & this will show up in nationalised figures, it is also important to note that what I said too is happening.

I think you need to take those reports with a pinch of salt. A normal independent house in a major city will have a value of $100000 at the bottom & will rise to upwards of half a million dollars and this is just the average price at the lower middle/middle class levels. Any half decent plumber (in a major city) will make the figure quoted (Rs,1000 -2000/-) in a single day. He must belong to a super rich class by the standards of that definition, right? Even those at the bottom end of the scale can expect a salary of around Rs.5000/- per month & in organised sectors like say, a car manufacturer; the chaps at the bottom get around Rs.18000/- per month(Maruti as example).

While there is disparity & this will show up in nationalised figures, it is also important to note that what I said too is happening.

Please provide me with source.

My Example:

http://www.timesjobs.com/job-detail...76dm6s8hzpSvf+uAgZw==-key-plumbing-loc-198743

Plumbing engineer job ad in Mumbai, 3 year experience, 90,000 rupees per year / 246 rupees per day or $4.4 dollars per day

Both of these cars are catastrophic sales failures. If the Tata Nano were to come to the US it would be just as big of a failure. Not that it will, anyone who has done their homework on the subject knows that, Mahindra and Tata have been saying for years now that they will come to the US. Mahindra has dropped out altogether (and faces tons of lawsuits right now as a result) and Tata keeps on breaking release dates and raising prices on the car. No one in their right mind is going to pay $8,000+ USD for a Tata Nano. Too small, too unrefined, too slow, too unsafe, too unreliable, etc. India needs to get into the US car market as soon as possible, first they need to learn what US consumers want, how to do business in a proper manner (delivering results, not excuses), and being able to make a product that is going to sell at a very competitive pricing structure.

I remember Hyundai Excel that was a small but reliable car which gave an entry for Hyundai in US. It because super hit and sold few hundred thousand very first year. They sold it for $4999 back in 1984. So, price and reliability is very important.

Plumbing engineer job ad in Mumbai, 3 year experience, 90,000 rupees per year / 246 rupees per day or $4.4 dollars per day

246 Rupees a day can buy you 3 meals a day, pay for rent, and you'd end up saving some. Of course am not talking about living in a villa, but a lower middle class neighborhood.

I don't think Nano will success in US and China,
bcs, American love big cars with high emissions;
Chinese like four seater cars but not two seater car

I don't think Nano will success in US and China,
bcs, American love big cars with high emissions;
Chinese like four seater cars but not two seater car

Nano has around 65 mph top speed. Most US highway speed limits are around 70. You can't just run a car at top speed all the time it would burn the engine. Nano at current design is not even a road worthy car in the US, let along all the stringent safety requirements, etc. Tata would have to make an entirely new car to get in the US market outside Range Rover.

The smart car has 80 mph top speed.

Its still launching in USA regardless of what Chini trolls living in USA has to say.

Correction: it is NOT launching right now. Tata wants to launch it is what the article says.

Back
Top Bottom