What's new

RIP to Kaveri

GTX-35VS_Kaveri_engine_india.jpg

rest-in-peace.jpg

but dont worry guys..

JetBike.jpg

Kaveri is girlish name so use "she":D
BTW it is not confirmed it is dead. It is merely quote from a mag( even it is not still shown here) not official statement of DRDO.

its mean brain death ? but still on Oxegen ?

Kaveri engine(Tejas)

Maximum thrust:
Military thrust (throttled):11,687 lbf (52.0 kN)
Full afterburner:18,210 lbf (81.0 kN)

Specific fuel consumption:
Military thrust: 0.78 lb/(lbf•h) (79.52 kg/(kN·h))
Full afterburner: 2.03 lb/(lbf•h) (207.00 kg/(kN·h))
Thrust-to-weight ratio: 7.8:1 (76.0 N/kg)

WS-13 Taishan(developing for JF 17)

Maximum thrust: 50.0 kN (11,230 lbf) Dry, 81.3 kN (18,285 lbf) Afterburning.
Overall pressure ratio: 21:1
Bypass ratio: 0.49:1
Turbine inlet temperature: 1,407 °C (2,565 °F)
Specific fuel consumption: 75 kg/(kN·h) (0.77 lb/(lbf·h)) dry, 188 kg/(kN·h) (1.85 lb/(lbf·h))
Thrust-to-weight ratio: 4.82:1 (dry), 7.9:1 (afterburning)

i am sure now that the MMRCA deal is going to Typhoon. we will receive 100% TOT and can build better engines.

:rolleyes: Why didn't we procured the EJ 200 engine of the EF right away for LCA and not the US engine? It was on offer with more ToT and the offer for TVC, so that is really no argument.

1st of all, News is not yet confirmed. 2nd Tejas will continue to grow irrespective of such news. It can only effect 5th generation tech (Mk2) which is still far away.

Of course it effects Tejas, the whole development is mainly delayed because of the Kaveri engine and although IAF has ordered foreign engines as a stop gap, the idea still was to integrate Kaveri during MK1s mid life upgrades, or for export LCAs. Both is not possible, which makes Tejas dependent on the US, unless we finally sign the Kaveri - Snecma co-development, but even that decison is delayed.

:rolleyes: Why didn't we procured the EJ 200 engine of the EF right away for LCA and not the US engine? It was on offer with more ToT and the offer for TVC, so that is really no argument.

may be due to the price issue now we will get it with the frame.

ohhh please edit your post no body bring it here .i don't like to see thread full of trolls .

Kaveri engine(Tejas)

Maximum thrust:
Military thrust (throttled):11,687 lbf (52.0 kN)
Full afterburner:18,210 lbf (81.0 kN)
Specific fuel consumption:
Military thrust: 0.78 lb/(lbf•h) (79.52 kg/(kN·h))
Full afterburner: 2.03 lb/(lbf•h) (207.00 kg/(kN·h))
Thrust-to-weight ratio: 7.8:1 (76.0 N/kg)

WS-13 Taishan(developing for JF 17)
Maximum thrust: 50.0 kN (11,230 lbf) Dry, 81.3 kN (18,285 lbf) Afterburning.
Overall pressure ratio: 21:1
Bypass ratio: 0.49:1
Turbine inlet temperature: 1,407 °C (2,565 °F)
Specific fuel consumption: 75 kg/(kN·h) (0.77 lb/(lbf·h)) dry, 188 kg/(kN·h) (1.85 lb/(lbf·h))
Thrust-to-weight ratio: 4.82:1 (dry), 7.9:1 (afterburning)

the only reason for posting this is I don't see any much difference.

Kaveri engine(Tejas)

the only reason for posting this is I don't see any much difference.

but i can see future of thread from your post soon some will come start bash on it then few more as support role after that full scale troll war thats it .

but i can see future of thread from your post soon some will come start bash on it then few more as support role after that full scale troll war thats it .

I am not one of them. I have seen something in the comparison. LCA is much lighter than JF-17 and equivalent power house. I just don't understand why 95kN?

Where is the Source of the news? It's true that we were having some problems with the Kaveri developments, hence we looked for the Outside help.Even this stephas Kaveri written over it (k-10). This doesn't mean that K-9 are failures.
Only a fool would have imagined to develop the desired engine with first prototype , say K-1.
I think Sparx is taking everybody for a ride.

so hold on, spark, whats going on?
Are we stopping both k9 and k10 or is k10 still on?
Is it just that lca mk2 wont be powered by k9 or k10 in the future or are we just chucking both down the drain and completely going for GEs?

Air Craft Engine development is complex engineering task. China with all its efforts of stealing technologies, reverse engineering can't make one decent engine. What Concerns me most is not the engine failure, the Indian government is negotiating with Scnema for producing alternate engine for nearly last 5 years. Even after 5 years(say 2016), they will still negotiate. They waste plenty of time in negotiating. A new engine could have been produced in this negotiating time period. Just like MRCA deal which has been going for last 10 years. If the deal was signed 10 years, india would have gotten all of its MRCA fighters by now. Even tortoise is faster than decision making of government. Such a slow pace, incompetence, carelessness, lack of concern for national security is most critical concern than anything else.

Air Craft Engine development is complex engineering task. China with all its efforts of stealing technologies, reverse engineering can't make one decent engine. What Concerns me most is not the engine failure, the Indian government is negotiating with Scnema for producing alternate engine for nearly last 5 years. Even after 5 years(say 2016), they will still negotiate. They waste plenty of time in negotiating. A new engine could have been produced in this negotiating time period. Just like MRCA deal which has been going for last 10 years. If the deal was signed 10 years, india would have gotten all of its MRCA fighters by now. Even tortoise is faster than decision making of government. Such a slow pace, incompetence, carelessness, lack of concern for national security is most critical concern than anything else.

Bashing other won't make yourself look good.

At least China has J-11B/J-15/J-10B/J-20 all flied with the Chinese engines, and talk this later when your country has achieved the same feat.

Back
Top Bottom