What's new

Pakistan's New F-16 Block 52 vs SU 30 MKI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So long time no Versus thread.

But it's time for one as Pakistan will have F-16 block 52 with BVR capability, irrespective of nos compared to MKIs in India, What will be Air combat scenario between the two beasts.

Block 52 would be having new electronics, better radar, AMRAAM capability against SU MKI.

So it begins. One on One.

No attacks on country please. It's only dedicated to F-16block 52 vs SU 30 MKI and please keep it limited to that only.:coffee:

Must thank You even on YOUR question which lead to such a constructive answering & comparing

unfortunately Su-30 MKI would win.

both have BVR ability, but the Su-30 has a longer range with its AESA radar.

however a very important consideration is fuel. the F-16 has a very short combat radius of 550 km. with additional maneuvering, this becomes shorter. if drop tanks are added, not only is the maneuvering ability reduced but the amount of carried weapons is reduced.

the Su-30 MKI, however, can have essentially unlimited fuel for maneuvering as compared to the F-16, and has superior maneuverability, acceleration and flight ceiling. this can be done with full weapons load, no drop tanks.

in defensive operations the Su-30 can stay right outside the F-16's missile range with its superior range and engines and fire its missiles only when the F-16 turns back after a successful sorty, and is no longer able to guide its own missiles with its radar.

in offensive operations the Su-30 can launch missiles against the F-16 from just within the range of the F-16, turn away to move outside F-16 missile range, and use its AESA radar and continue guiding the missiles even at an angle away.

this of course is a very simplified case that doesn't take into account SAMs, unpredictable tactics and electronic warfare.

both have BVR ability, but the Su-30 has a longer range with its AESA radar.

A little correction - MKIs dont have AESA yet, they operate Bars Radar.

India will use its M2005s + MiG29s against Pakistans F-16s, Su-30s are reserved for us ^_^

India will use its M2005s + MiG29s against Pakistans F-16s, Su-30s are reserved for us ^_^

@lhuang

hahaha.....
u seem to be Chinese.but in many posts u seem to support India.

as a layman who knows almost nothing abt Chinese ppl.....which of the two types is common in China..
1) shchinese type :devil: or
2)lhuang type. :angel:.??

@lhuang

hahaha.....

as a layman who knows almost nothing abt Chinese ppl.....which of the two types is common in China..

I'm actually a RAW agent in disguise.

@lhuang

hahaha.....

Believe you me.. lhuang type.. I deal with my peers in our China office every day.. I agree i have only met about 200-300 chinese folks in my life and know only 30-40 of them very well. But havent seen a single one like the 1st type. Based on my experience, only his flags seem chinese.. But then my experience is limited ;)

But hey.. we are going off topic...

Last edited:
^^^^

nice to hear....but bak to topic.

both planes look so hot, in my opinion if both fires AIM and R-77 at same time, it's RIP for both planes at same time

thanks my mistake

but Bars radar still has 50 km range over the AN/APG-68

Actually the AN/APG-68,s operational range is 300 km... its effective tracking range must be sumthin in 250 km... but tha BARS has an operatioinal range of 425 km and a tracking range of 350km...

It could serve as an early warning system tooo. its radar has the ability to detect, track and engage cruise missiles too...:flame:

These are redundant AI radar coverages specially given that both sides will be flying under positive AEW coverage which is much farther looking than both the APG and the BARS.

both planes look so hot, in my opinion if both fires AIM and R-77 at same time, it's RIP for both planes at same time

Yes but the point to note that the MKI has a very powerful jammer in it which can blind the APG 68 easily... The isrealis wer not satisfied with the APG 68 and only so the integrated their f 16s with their own radar and created the sufa... :bounce:

Yes but the point to note that the MKI has a very powerful jammer in it which can blind the APG 68 easily... The isrealis wer not satisfied with the APG 68 and only so the integrated their f 16s with their own radar and created the sufa... :bounce:

That s right they prefered the ELTA-2052 radar over APG 68 stating that APG-68 is good but in todays warfare F-16s needed something better like an AESA

remember tejas will also get ELTA-2052 :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom