What's new

Pakistan's New F-16 Block 52 vs SU 30 MKI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one question about the pilots of PAF since i hear this since my childhood and a lot on this forum and this thread. Its a little off the topic but as i am not educated at all in technicalities of air force i would be indebted if someone could enlighten me.
They say that PAF pilots are the best and better than those of india. But my question is how come they be best when they dont have their hands on state of the art planes, advanced systems and training of these high tech systems.

They may be best with what they fly but if they dont have advance fighters how could they be better than Indian pilots.

Its like if someone is best at horse riding we assume he would be best at car racing too although he would not have car at all.

I dont intend to derail but it has been on mind. pl some experts reply.

thanks.

I have one question about the pilots of PAF since i hear this since my childhood and a lot on this forum and this thread. Its a little off the topic but as i am not educated at all in technicalities of air force i would be indebted if someone could enlighten me.
They say that PAF pilots are the best and better than those of india. But my question is how come they be best when they dont have their hands on state of the art planes, advanced systems and training of these high tech systems.

They may be best with what they fly but if they dont have advance fighters how could they be better than Indian pilots.

Its like if someone is best at horse riding we assume he would be best at car racing too although he would not have car at all.

thanks.

ACM or air combat maneuvering tactics were developed during the first world war and have stood the test of time. It all depends on energy management and out maneuvering the opponent to get behind him by exploiting your adversary's weakness. Nothing is undefeatable in this world.

thanks.

PAF pilots are good. But people tend to take it too far calling them the best. They were better in the old days. At that time India didn't have experienced pilots. Over time, India improved, and is now on par with RAF and USAF. PAF on the other hand got isolated in the past decade. Though they are still good, but they have had better days in the past. In the past they used to train extensively with the Americans and they had better quality planes. Indians on the other hand had mediocre planes.

The times have now turned.

i think it is man behind the machine who will decide who is the best in air war both fighter jets are equally well matched

i think it is man behind the machine who will decide who is the best in air war both fighter jets are equally well matched

i agree to to yaaar but we need to accept that su-30 is a better plane....but really the pilot will also matter...:cheers:

PAF pilots are good. But people tend to take it too far calling them the best. They were better in the old days. At that time India didn't have experienced pilots. Over time, India improved, and is now on par with RAF and USAF. PAF on the other hand got isolated in the past decade. Though they are still good, but they have had better days in the past. In the past they used to train extensively with the Americans and they had better quality planes. Indians on the other hand had mediocre planes.

:lol: What a self patting IAF bubble blowing fanboy.

Just because IAF can show off its new MKI in exercises and get appreciation for the machine does not mean IAF pilots are all of sudden as good as RAF and USAF which at the moment is only a fan boy dream and far away from the reality.

PAF may have been sanctioned but their high standard of training still went on. Through out the 90s decade PAF participated with USN USAF RAF TUAF UAEAF KSAAF etc. Arabs used PAF instructors and pilots to fly their high tech combat aircrafts.
On the other hand, only high tech military technologies can save IAF not the standard of pilots. IAF standard of pilots improves with the technology not the skills that they possess.

PAF pilot training being left behind is merely a remark out of jealousy and ignorance. Of course such comments are always expected by those who are brought up so narrow minded by their society.

"Another way in which the PAF satisfies this requirement is in the pursuit of excellence with regard to its combat echelons. Paradoxically, though, that pursuit is by its very nature an expensive procedure and there is a high wastage rate as pilots progress through the training system, with individuals being weeded out all the way along the line. The end result is felt to be well worth the expense involved, however, and personal observations have certainly convinced the author that the average PAF pilot is almost certainly possessed of superior skills when compared with, say, an average American pilot. As to those , who are rated above average, they compare favourably to the very best in a host of western air arms. ……Standard of accuracy appear comparable to those of the west and may surpass them, one F-6 pilot of No. 15 Squadron having recently put 20 out of 25 shells through a banner in four successive passes. The author can vouch for this having inspected the banner at Kamra and even more remarkably, the pilot responsible for this impressive shooting was a 'frst tourist'."

(Lindsay Peacock. Journal: Air International, Vol 41. No 5)

"Overall the PAF are a highly professional air force and this is reflected in their high standards of instructions and flying training."

(Steve Bond commenting about PAF's flying training program. Journal: Air Forces Monthly, May 1990.)

Airforces Monthly
Article in the May 1993 issue (pages 46-47 by Sergey Vekhov)

An article in the May 1993 issue (pages 46-47) of Airforces Monthly, a reputable UK-based air defence magazine, written by a Russian aviation writer, Sergey Vekhov, for the first time in public, provided a first-hand account about the PAF's pilots:

"As an air defence analyst, I am fully aware that the Pakistan Air Force ranks today as one of the best air forces in the world and that the PAF Combat Commanders' School (CCS) in Sargodha has been ranked as the best GCI/pilot and fighter tactics and weapons school in the world". As one senior US defence analyst commented to me in 1997, "it leaves Topgun (the US Naval Air Station in Miramar, California) far behind".

Jane's International Defense (June 24, 1998)

The PAF, although outnumbered by IAF, has at least one qualitative edge over its rival: Pilot Training. The caliber of Pakistani instructors is acknowledged by numerous air forces, and US Navy pilots considered them to be highly 'professionals' during exercises flying off the USS Constellation (as co-pilots). The IAF is in an unfortunate position: it lacks an advanced training (and multi-role combat aircraft

Yes, time have turned.

We are regularly taking part in air exercise with US, UK, France etc.

Having evaluated the strength and weaknesses of F-16 with Republic of Singapore Air Force etc.

Just because IAF can show off its new MKI in exercises and get appreciation for the machine does not mean IAF pilots are all of sudden as good as RAF and USAF which at the moment is only a fan boy dream and far away from the reality.

PAF may have been sanctioned but their high standard of training still went on. Through out the 90s decade PAF participated with USN USAF RAF TUAF UAEAF KSAAF etc. Arabs used PAF instructors and pilots to fly their high tech combat aircrafts.
On the other hand, only high tech military technologies can save IAF not the standard of pilots. IAF standard of pilots improves with the technology not the skills that they possess.

PAF pilot training being left behind is merely a remark out of jealousy and ignorance. Of course such comments are always expected by those who are brought up so narrow minded by their society.

hey man u r talking about 90's lets talk about 2000-10..we are the force with maximum no. of exercises in this decade...we had cope,indradhanush,vayushakti,parakram,vidyutprahar, in all these years contineously...

this will help you......
Indian Air Force | Exercises [www.bharat-rakshak.com]

hey man u r talking about 90's lets talk about 2000-10..we are the force with maximum no. of exercises in this decade...we had cope,indradhanush,vayushakti,parakram,vidyutprahar, in all these years contineously...

well well well..

PAF Highmark exercise 2010 is more worth then all the IAF exercise you mentioned above. High MARK 2010 lasted for 2 months which involved all PAF combat fleet. And in july PAF F-16s will participate in US Red flag.

and as for PAF not participating in multinational exercise... seriously i am shocked to know how narrow minded indians are about Pakistan.

One of the first F-22 over seas exercise.

talon_02.jpg

USN F-14 one of the last over seas exercise.

do you want me to post some more pictures?

PAF and their pilots have not fired a single shot in anger for over 2 decades.

PAF and their pilots did not show up against IAF mirage2000 in Kargil.

PAF and their pilots have only just started to induct BVR concept nearly 2 decades after their indian counterparts.

ARE PAF pilots better trained, or better skilled ?????? NOT IMO not based on those above arguments.

Your arguments are baseless in mere jealousy and ignorance that you have developed. Your mentioned points have already been discussed in this forum a lot of times and the conclusion is, PAF pilots are superior to IAF.

That is grossly incorrect. PAF pilots are undertaking active sorties in FATA region for war against terror. I guess you have not seen videos. For whatever is worth PAF has fired more shots in anger than IAF in the millenium. And also please dont make statements such as these -- you loose credibility , put forward some logical points if you need to debate.

PAF and their pilots did not show up against IAF mirage2000 in Kargil.

PAF and their pilots have only just started to induct BVR concept nearly 2 decades after their indian counterparts.

ARE PAF pilots better trained, or better skilled ?????? NOT IMO not based on those above arguments.

Better skilled and better trained is highly different from being better equipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom