What's new

Pakistan's New F-16 Block 52 vs SU 30 MKI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Su-30MKI have HMS. In close range the F-16 is formidable but only limited by its pilot. For the Falcon to come into close range with the Flanker, wouldn't be wise as the Flanker possess the thrust vectoring, and the HMS and an extra pair of eyes in the cockpit. For the Flanker, there would be no point in going in for WVR combat eithier. Its a much more capable machine that can be used in other areas and to risk itsself for a lone F-16 is not logical either. The Flankers BVR capability comes from its longer reach and heavier punch. Flanker pilots would most definitly would just want to get thier machine home. Although they have trained with the Falcons from singapore and USAF. For the Flanker, it would be wise to leave the Falcon for Falcrums and Bisons which are limited to the Air to air role.

You are right the presence of copilot/operator will certainly give MKI an edge. Plus target designation angles, maneuverability, and R-73E give MKI some benefit in close range combat as well.

Now everyone accept my boy looks more cool warna sab ki pitai lagay gi :lol:

12deb34426bdcf0d30a169d9d575f06f.jpg

01acc0ecdf316b83045fb7d015f98e1c.jpg

man the flypast is very cool i love it and i dont know whether it is a photo shop or not it is cool............... and if it is real all hail the photographer :tup:

A little off the topic question, without any offense intended..

I heard from some one that PAF f16 dont go to air much, when not needed.
The reason he gave was that PAF would get problems maintaining, due to unavailability of spares, uncle put sanctions. How much truth in it? Or was it partially correct during 90s, before 9/11?

you are in half right here sir.yes before 9-11 but not in early 90s late 90s we buy parts from black market .also you have to see pakistani pilots hours thread you will surprise when see f-16 hours.

you are in half right here sir.yes before 9-11 but not in early 90s late 90s we buy parts from black market ..

you are saying you are using low quality parts from black markets

ahh not good

you are in half right here sir.yes before 9-11 but not in early 90s late 90s we buy parts from black market .also you have to see pakistani pilots hours thread you will surprise when see f-16 hours.

Can you elaborate. I know some arab countries operate f16, but i doubt if they can supply spares.

PS: wanted to know about their flight hours, so plz give me the link.

SU30 MKI is a very capable platform, watching this giant thing maneuver and that also with BVR missiles and a serious radar makes me think of bad scenarios for PAF. The numerical advantage is also something worth considering. Just imagine, if inducted with current avionics and radar, SU30 MKI of the IAF can simply stand much inside it's own territory and pick off Thunders 8 at a time before we can even see what is hitting us. I'll even go so far as to say Block 52 will meet it's match in this bird. You need something with AESA and AIM 120D to send this Flanker back into it's nest. 18 Block 52 will not be enough either, but I can see only strict discussion of the specific aircraft is taking place and not about the air forces fielding these birds so I will end my input here.

Last edited:
Thank you for the Both the F16/52 pictures and the stunning Flanker images.

The F16/52 like all USA planes looks very cool

But have to say the Indian su30mki looks simply awesome. Brute power,, execptionally agility,,, and simply oozzes class in the looks dept.

great choice by india and a massive fleet at 230 birds or 13 sdqs

Thanks gogbot for pictures , indeed Flanker is a beauty i was just having some fun with you guys..:lol:

what a joke man when u have no reply simply back out haaaanh...thats called bravery right....i know both india and pak are steong enough but lets accept the truth that pak due to its less economy ,somewhere lags behind the india.well i dont think sams are being discussed here ....

Dear Black blood no offense intended ..... Do u take into mind of the range of the flanker? And for a good BVRM it needs a good radar... For kind information MKI has a strong one. And u need to keep the missile well informed about the target all the time till Missile on board radar takes control(standard procedure). Correct me if am wrong. So in the end u need to come closer to MKI to take it out. Believe me some compared F22 with MKI. But F22 beats this beast in STEALTH , ELECTRONICS,AVIONICS.... that s y F22 can come closer to MKI unnoticed.... how ever MKI do has disadvantage..... It has quite larger cross section which they r working to reduce.
Correct me if there s any mistake.

it would be much better if money is spent on poor people of pakistan-india istead of buying such expensive products :pakistan:

most welcome if both country do this ,,, but still we should always remember that human are fighting from the first day we know . so better to be always prepare well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom