What's new

Pakistan's Mirage 2000 Saga

One possibility I think is Pakistan pursuing Mirage 2000-9 from UAE, and is negotiating with France for the overall approval. However that is only a hope as the news for this has not been confirmed or given any water.

One possibility I think is Pakistan pursuing Mirage 2000-9 from UAE, and is negotiating with France for the overall approval. However that is only a hope as the news for this has not been confirmed or given any water.

Sir The news i heard was that negotiations b/w PAF and the french delegation for purchasing more mirages is underway.French delegation also made it clear that the mumbai attacks cannot affect the defense relations b/w the two countries.Besides cooperation in air force,France also fulfill Pakistan's navy procurements.PN has got two Agosta submarines and the third one will be inducted soon in PN........This is what the GEO correspondent said at 6pm but i dont know why it wasnt repeated later on.I have tried to find it out on GEO website but it is not there so i m sorry guys i cant back it with source.

Regards

I am also with the same idea,

What if we go for 18 new mirages from France + 63 mirages from uae(they are willing to replace them with Rafale).
i am saying for 18 because we have option for 18 addtional F-16 block 52.
This deal will helpful for France because they will sell new planes to uae and charge us also for those retired mirages from uae.

i am remembering uae khalifa meet with zardari in Pakistan 1 months ago in Bahawalpur(or some where else (he come for hunting)) and he assures full support for Pakistan defence(can any body confirm this i am not finding the link for this news)

dont need Mirages employ our own people and make alot of JF-17s because they are BVR capable and 4th Generation fight and have eye to eye combat with SU-30MKI

The French military hardware is excellent.

India,s 51 MIRAGE 2000 have a near 100% service record compared to migs which can run at 60% sometimes.

HOWEVER the french charge a extorniate fee.

To upgrade 51 mirage 2000 to MIRAGE 2000-5 india is paying $1 billion

hats $20 million a plane for upgrade.

6 scorpene subs are costing india $3.0 billion

If rafael wins MRCA we are looking at $12 billion for 126 fighters.

Aaaa Guys wait a sec Reports might be regarding Mirages but What i guess is it might be the avionics of Mirage 2000-5 that Pakistan might be looking for Its JF-17 first 50 Batches..
I may be wrong but this is what it seems to be like..

Also i think why would Pakistan go for Mirages if it can divert the same money for J-10s which are better then Mirages 2000-5 already prematurely allegedly rated as close to the category of EF-2000/Rafale/F-16/F-18 even thought its close to that category but well beyond Mirage 2000-5s then who would go for Mirages when J-10s are there for us..

Last edited:
Aaaa Guys wait a sec Reports might be regarding Mirages but What i guess is it might be the avionics of Mirage 2000-5 that Pakistan might be looking for Its JF-17 first 50 Batches..

you might be right we are suppose to get 50 JF-17s and 40 J-10B delivery start early 2009

I really dont see this deal happening, unless we get an amazing deal for Mirage2000 i really dont think PAF would go for this. Instead of wasting money here, PAF would do much better by investing money in J10 or JXX.

Also i think why would Pakistan go for Mirages if it can divert the same money for J-10s which are better then Mirages 2000-5 already prematurely allegedly rated as close to the category of EF-2000/Rafale/F-16/F-18 even thought its close to that category but well beyond Mirage 2000-5s then who would go for Mirages when J-10s are there for us..

thts the most posible, plan regurding this unconformed news!:enjoy:

pakistan has always stated that the j-10b would be superior to any other 4 th gen fighter then why are they even thinking of the mirages?

Ah, moscow, you never disappoint. I had expected you to say something like this. If FC-20 is so good, why get Mirage. This is probably the third time I have seen you write something like that.

Why does Russia fly more than one type of fighter aircraft? Or for that matter, why does India?

Pakistan has plenty of infrastructure and expertise to support Mirages, and therefore, if this news is true, the induction would happen quickly and the supporting operations will require minimum effort. It could very well be that Pakistan is looking for a quick solution to gain BVR technology. Most likely situation, however, is that the PAF was made an offer on Mirages it just could not refuse, considering we already have everything else necessary to run them.

Ofcourse, if this news is false, then I will feel embarrassed for saying that I had predicted this.

Ah, moscow, you never disappoint. I had expected you to say something like this. If FC-20 is so good, why get Mirage. This is probably the third time I have seen you write something like that.

Why does Russia fly more than one type of fighter aircraft? Or for that matter, why does India?

Pakistan has plenty of infrastructure and expertise to support Mirages, and therefore, if this news is true, the induction would happen quickly and the supporting operations will require minimum effort. It could very well be that Pakistan is looking for a quick solution to gain BVR technology. Most likely situation, however, is that the PAF was made an offer on Mirages it just could not refuse, considering we already have everything else necessary to run them.

Ofcourse, if this news is false, then I will feel embarrassed for saying that I had predicted this.

PAFAce; sir
news is not confirmed till now, so its just a hearsay!;)

I thought the first 50 are coming with Chinese avionics? That is the official news I have read. I know they are looking talking to the French, but this will be for units after the first 50. Where is the official release that they are looking for French avionics for the current batch? We know they already have at least 8 planes received and these have Chinese avionics and more coming. I don't see PAF wasting money going and ripping out the Chinese equipment and replace with French. Not now, not yet.

ahh ohh.. you know what i sense. US&A is once again suspending our F-16s so PAF is negosiating M-2000-5 with France or other users for possible F-16 replacement?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom