What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Keep it on AWACS guys. Open a new thread to discuss possible scenarios.

@cabatli_53 a bit stupid question bro, but is it possible to put Koral EW system on a Airbus or a large plane ?

Yes, more then likely, but like anything else it will need to be integrated and tested which equals = $ cost. Airbus and or the Koral EW System Maker won't foot the bill so the end user will have to.

Yes, more then likely, but like anything else it will need to be integrated and tested which equals = $ cost. Airbus and or the Koral EW System Maker won't foot the bill so the end user will have to.

would be interesting project to invest in .

would be interesting project to invest in .

Yes, but how got the green "$" to spare ?

$ must the issue, to keep cost down they are sticking with rotor-dome and two panel arrays for AESA instead of fix three panels, just my thoughts.

I am talking about detecting and tracking Indian launches. As a first, basic line of defence, we could try to shoot down the incoming missile mid-flight with a plane. Remember, with SSBNs and Agni V, India can launch against us from 5000 kms.
The equation for us with missiles is that we have few key strategic targets to defend; which sounds nice in writing but as perspective it doesn’t take much to end Pakistan versus India.
How many times will they hit the 22 airfields, army bases and Islamabad, Lahore, Peshawar,Karachi and Quetta?
Add to that the very limited window of flight times for our targets and you see our dilemma in actually defending our key points.

However, detection wise we have a better geographical and coverage advantage. The TPS-77 can pick up launches from the east and AEW coverage is ample to pick up launches from the sea(I doubt their usage for the reasons outlined in the first paragraph).

The equation for us with missiles is that we have few key strategic targets to defend; which sounds nice in writing but as perspective it doesn’t take much to end Pakistan versus India.
How many times will they hit the 22 airfields, army bases and Islamabad, Lahore, Peshawar,Karachi and Quetta?
Add to that the very limited window of flight times for our targets and you see our dilemma in actually defending our key points.

However, detection wise we have a better geographical and coverage advantage. The TPS-77 can pick up launches from the east and AEW coverage is ample to pick up launches from the sea(I doubt their usage for the reasons outlined in the first paragraph).

Hi,

And you claim to be an ANALYST---.

Military is not the only target---.

The targets would primarily be---Railway bridges---100's of them---railway yards---railway track---road bridges---100's of them---oil refinery---oil reservoirs---water reservoirs---storage facilities & godowns---electricity generating plants ( non nuclear )---telecommunication centers---dam walls---.

Hi,

And you claim to be an ANALYST---.

Military is not the only target---.

The targets would primarily be---Railway bridges---100's of them---railway yards---railway track---road bridges---100's of them---oil refinery---oil reservoirs---water reservoirs---storage facilities & godowns---electricity generating plants ( non nuclear )---telecommunication centers---dam walls---.
Yes, and a better one than you.. probably know how to read better too barey mian..

because I see strategic targets requiring retaliation from nuclear weapons and those that would be targets of nuclear attacks.. not conventional targets; unless you think India wants to hit Taunsa barrage with a nuclear weapon.
So yes, while what you list are nice copy paste answers to targets; since you never bother to read anything except repeating five things or self fellatio of yourself.. You missed the actual gist of the post which is limited targets for nuclear weapons and does not need a detailed list of what will be likely targeted.
Something analysts do is know how to state requirements without bringing up the entire ram kahani every-time.

But since you are not aware enough and experienced/educated enough in the field of anything to do with analysis or strategy- let me help you.

Maybe as you grow wiser you will read on General Warden and his five rings model, this was a cold war concept of identifying factors of influence within a country to sway conflict.
While that model is debated it does point out that a country's function is loosely based on this model.
ef9d1586914d09f61912876b83a3a287.png

So the amount of damage needed to paralyze a country differs within each circle; damage the leadership enough and the country stops. However, even in this the center of gravity may at times be outside the leadership circle as a distributed leadership may continue to offer resistance or leadership may be well protected, in that case you hit national systems such as water and power.

However, the lopside of this is that once a nuclear weapon is dropped: the levels of influence cross these already loose boundaries and so the effect of a weapon drop increases across the rings. A nuclear weapon on the GHQ will hit civilians and also destroy the environment- a hit on masroor AB also hits Karachi- making Tarbela irrelevant to a nuclear attack.

Yes, but how got the green "$" to spare ?

$ must the issue, to keep cost down they are sticking with rotor-dome and two panel arrays for AESA instead of fix three panels, just my thoughts.

if that system turned out to be a useful solution for Tackling rising threat of a multi-layer SAM from the neighbor than i believe investing in a Koral mounted on a Airbus would worth it . the future is all about Electronic warfare .

Yes, and a better one than you.. probably know how to read better too barey mian..

because I see strategic targets requiring retaliation from nuclear weapons and those that would be targets of nuclear attacks.. not conventional targets; unless you think India wants to hit Taunsa barrage with a nuclear weapon.
So yes, while what you list are nice copy paste answers to targets; since you never bother to read anything except repeating five things or self fellatio of yourself.. You missed the actual gist of the post which is limited targets for nuclear weapons and does not need a detailed list of what will be likely targeted.
Something analysts do is know how to state requirements without bringing up the entire ram kahani every-time.

But since you are not aware enough and experienced/educated enough in the field of anything to do with analysis or strategy- let me help you.

Maybe as you grow wiser you will read on General Warden and his five rings model, this was a cold war concept of identifying factors of influence within a country to sway conflict.
While that model is debated it does point out that a country's function is loosely based on this model.
ef9d1586914d09f61912876b83a3a287.png

So the amount of damage needed to paralyze a country differs within each circle; damage the leadership enough and the country stops. However, even in this the center of gravity may at times be outside the leadership circle as a distributed leadership may continue to offer resistance or leadership may be well protected, in that case you hit national systems such as water and power.

However, the lopside of this is that once a nuclear weapon is dropped: the levels of influence cross these already loose boundaries and so the effect of a weapon drop increases across the rings. A nuclear weapon on the GHQ will hit civilians and also destroy the environment- a hit on masroor AB also hits Karachi- making Tarbela irrelevant to a nuclear attack.

Sonny boy---,

You just learning these things in the current or last decade---. Good for you---.

How silly could you be to assume that I do not know these things---or have not read similar concepts---.

You are getting dumber than I thought---where did I say india would hit Taunsa with a nuc---.

Andhaun mein kana Raja---enjoy your fame---.

Sonny boy---,

You just learning these things in the current or last decade---. Good for you---.

How silly could you be to assume that I do not know these things---or have not read similar concepts---.

You are getting dumber than I thought---where did I say india would hit Taunsa with a nuc---.

Andhaun mein kana Raja---enjoy your fame---.
The fact that you needed to close with fame tells everyone that is what you really value.. and have always valued; some recognition, some validation for your intellect.

And yes I did learn in the last ten years and will continue to learn, because that is what I value; not internet followers or fame.

The fact that you needed to close with fame tells everyone that is what you really value.. and have always valued; some recognition, some validation for your intellect.

And yes I did learn in the last ten years and will continue to learn, because that is what I value; not internet followers or fame.

Good for you---keep on learning---.

Back
Top Bottom