What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

PAF SAAB 2000s

Serial.....C/N.....Previous Identity..........Status

J-019....019.....ex SE-019, F-GMVB.....delivered 29/9/09 (non-AEW&C)
J-025....025.....ex SE-025, LV-SBC......Still with Saab
J-040....040.....ex SE-040, F-GMVE.....Still with Saab
J-045....045.....ex SE-045, LV-SBW.....Delivered 8/12/09
J-049....049.....ex SE-049, F-GMVG.....Still with Saab

J-019....019.....ex SE-019, F-GMVB.....delivered 29/9/09 (non-AEW&C)
2a08257ffcbfb2491f8ee111aeaf5176.jpg

J-045....045.....ex SE-045, LV-SBW.....Delivered 8/12/09
15a7451b0bd888b1bb7591148b8dbb50.jpg

ok boys here is a question did our navy confirm any AEW systems for itself yet? if yet can someone provide a link a source of the confirmation!

p.s. please don't write my uncle said or someone i know said or the inside news is! because hey at the end of the day its facts that matter not your wishes or the so called inside news!

ok boys here is a question did our navy confirm any AEW systems for itself yet? if yet can someone provide a link a source of the confirmation!

PAF first orderd 7 Saab erieye 2 were later cancelled and the deal was reduced to 5 (1 no awac + 4 awac) some say that it was due to finacial constraints but according to sources it was due to the fact that navy insisted for E-2 Hawkeye on P-3c platform as navy was operating P-3 already so easy to deal with them at less cos instead of going for multiple platforms E-2 are due to deliverd.No one knows more than this

I m too confuse that PN can easily have fitted Erieye Radar on P-3c then why an older less capable E-2 hawkeye .the answer may be PAK forces want to have three different systems to counter Phalcons threat.who knows anyhow navy deals are rather are having more controvercies now a days like U submarine deal

Navy might only get there hands onto some AWE&C systems once PAF get the chines AWACS as they will come with TOT and then PN may get benifitted form it...

regards!

Do you have any information on the chinese AWACS wrt the radar band?

erieye seems to be operating in E/F band (edit: It seems I was wrong...open source information puts it at S band). Phalcon operates in the L band. It is believed that KJ-2000 also operates in the L-band. Maybe PAF is looking to have platforms in different bands to not only have wider spectrum/ coverage which may provide better early warning against wider array of air threats. This will help in a complementary fashion as these bands have their own advantages & limitations.

I would appreciate if members could provide me with bands for KJ-200 as well.

Last edited:
As far as i know, off all the AWACS radars, very minor technicalities are leaked all over the world especially in case of modern ones as the publicized figures are not always the real ones. AWACS is a sensitive and expensive system. My advice is not believe everything you read on internet forums. I can tell you one thing that most modern AWACS systems are very capable, complex and effective deterrents that they will provide to their users.

the AWE&C will most likely be stationed at Sargodha base,, am i right??

regards!

the AWE&C will most likely be stationed at Sargodha base,, am i right??

regards!

The Saab Erieye for the time being is at kamra. If we look at Pakistan's map, kamra and jacoabad are the perfect points to station one Sqd each at these bases as they will provide full coverage towards Indian border and are also deep enough for any early warning of an incoming strike towards these bases and others. Sarghoda would be too close to the Indian border and they being our force multipliers and critical assets need better and deep protection.

Just curious which jet fighters will be guarding our SAAB2000 in case of a war scenario?
THANX!!

Hi i know this has been discussed before and it was established that pakistan is going after the KJ-200 system rather than the 2000, still DBC mentioned a report in the newspaper that says pakistan will be opting for the 2000

Can anyone please clarify with an authentic source ? :cheers:

When we are recieving our 2nd saab-2000, i mean i know that we will recieve all 3 of them in 2010 but anyone knows the date or month for the delivery of 2nd saab-2000 erieye?

The Saab Erieye for the time being is at kamra. If we look at Pakistan's map, kamra and jacoabad are the perfect points to station one Sqd each at these bases as they will provide full coverage towards Indian border and are also deep enough for any early warning of an incoming strike towards these bases and others. Sarghoda would be too close to the Indian border and they being our force multipliers and critical assets need better and deep protection.

well that is why i floated this question..
actually one of my friends at Sargodha Airbase told me that there are some old electronic warfare planes already stationed at Sargodha,, i cannot exactaly remember what that plane was but it was some old aircraft with some electronic suites like jammers, EW kits onboard. this gave me an idea that perhaps the AWE&C would also go there but i was concerned with Sargodha lying so close to the boder!!
anyhow the current plane is at Kamra, we all know that but it is not stationed there permantly but is only there for testing and evaluation plus training puropose. no Squadron has been eastablished for it at Kamra!

regards!

Back
Top Bottom