What's new

NY cops and burqa-clad Muslim women scuffle at amusement park on Eid

Both of the things are illegal, as I mentioned. Please tell me, what is the difference (if any) between the duties of the CIA & the NYPD? Thanks.

Neither is illegal.. I showed you the text that allows for CIA to spy within USA after following certain procedures. You show me the proof that those procedures were not followed and I will accept your version.

Or show me a text that says that NYPD is not allowed to send undercover agents to monitor people they think are usual suspects of terrorism activities..

Duties of both CIA and NYPD in this context is to protect American citizens and assets from terrorists..

On a CIA payroll & not an NYPD one? Why?

Because the expertise of this particular officer/person/official was not available with NYPD officials. So NYPD asked CIA for help. So if NYPD asked for CIA's help, CIA deputed one of its experts to help NYPD. Everything legal and within the framework of US Constitution. Is that so difficult for you to understand? Or is that you DONT WANT to believe facts?

Neither is illegal.. I showed you the text that allows for CIA to spy within USA after following certain procedures. You show me the proof that those procedures were not followed and I will accept your version.

First of all, the whole program is illegal because it is a NYPD program, & the NYPD is not allowed to spy on its citizens. It's not part of its job, which is why you have the CIA. It is a law enforcement agency, it does not spy or collect intelligence. You're asking me to prove a negative.

Or show me a text that says that NYPD is not allowed to send undercover agents to monitor people they think are usual suspects of terrorism activities..

Read the tenth amendment of the US constitution, of the powers granted to it.

First of all, the whole program is illegal because it is a NYPD program, & the NYPD is not allowed to spy on its citizens. Period.

Are you thick? How do law enforcement officials nail bad guys? By spying on their illegal activities, of course!! Law Enforcement officials are authorized/empowered to spy if they think or have some evidence that a person/group of people pose a substantial threat to security.

First of all, the whole program is illegal because it is a NYPD program, & the NYPD is not allowed to spy on its citizens. Period.

Your saying it even with a PERIOD means didly squat my friend.. But didnt you start with saying that this was illegal because CIA was involved ;) .. changing tracks now??

Read the tenth amendment of the US constitution, of the powers granted to it.

I think its you who needs to read it again with the focus on procedures that need to be followed to allow a Police department to do what this article says it did.. Prove that the procedures were not followed and then we are getting somewhere

Else, its just some frustration venting on your part..

Your saying it even with a PERIOD means didly squat my friend.. But didnt you start with saying that this was illegal because CIA was involved ;) .. changing tracks now??

I think its you who needs to read it again with the focus on procedures that need to be followed to allow a Police department to do what this article says it did.. Prove that the procedures were not followed and then we are getting somewhere

Else, its just some frustration venting on your part..

Because the expertise of this particular officer/person/official was not available with NYPD officials. So NYPD asked CIA for help. So if NYPD asked for CIA's help, CIA deputed one of its experts to help NYPD. Everything legal and within the framework of US Constitution. Is that so difficult for you to understand? Or is that you DONT WANT to believe facts?

No, because first of all, it is a NYPD program, & it can't spy/infiltrate secret agents in a community. It is a law enforcement agency, not a spy one. Secondly, the fact that the CIA did play an active part in spying on its citizens is illegal as per the US constitution. I hope I have clarified myself now.

On a CIA payroll & not an NYPD one? Why?

let me ask you when Pakistani forces go on UN missions around the world , they are on Pakistani payroll as well as the UN one . is it then your argument that Pakistan is policing the world in trouble spots and Pakistani are in charge as Pakistan is paying its soldiers ?

I've been to play-Land when I was younger and never heard of this happening. The way that police acted which was to diffuse the situation.
This is kind of thing is what I hate, defying rules on the basis of religion. On the news today one of the women was complaining that the cop grabbed her and arrested her...but how else is he supposed to slap some cuffs on if he isn't touching her.

Seriously the more progressive we as a people try to be this kind of behavior and statements just push just back 2 steps and make us look like we are imposing in a country that has given us so much.

let me ask you when Pakistani forces go on UN missions around the world , they are on Pakistani payroll as well as the UN one . is it then your argument that Pakistan is policing the world in trouble spots and Pakistani are in charge as Pakistan is paying its soldiers ?

Pakistan does not follow the US constitution.

No, because first of all, it is a NYPD program, & it can't spy/infiltrate secret agents in a community. Secondly, the fact that the CIA did play an active part in spying on its citizens is illegal as per the US constitution.

You were earlier saying its a CIA program...:rofl:

It was a program created, overseen & executed by a CIA officer on a CIA payroll, so that means the CIA was involved in this program big time. Making this whole program illegal & unconstitutional. Why is this so hard for you to understand? I'm tired of repeating myself.

And I just showed you CIA involvement is not necessarily illegal unless you show that the procedures were not followed

I hope I have clarified myself now.

You have NOT clarified anything. You seem to be unable to differentiate between roles of different agencies and how they operate. You seem to be misguided.

Are you thick? How do law enforcement officials nail bad guys? By spying on their illegal activities, of course!! Law Enforcement officials are authorized/empowered to spy if they think or have some evidence that a person/group of people pose a substantial threat to security.

They monitor, not spy. There's a difference. I'm referring to the act of specifically sending undercover agents into a community, that falls out of the jurisdiction of a law enforcement agency & into the intelligence gathering/spy agency arena. Refer to the tenth amendment of the US constitution.

They monitor, not spy. I'm referring to the act of specifically sending undercover agents into a community, that falls out of the jurisdiction of a law enforcement agency. Refer to the tenth amendment of the US constitution.

It does not.. Show me where it says that..;)

And prove they were spying and not monitoring

I've been to play-Land when I was younger and never heard of this happening. The way that police acted which was to diffuse the situation.
This is kind of thing is what I hate, defying rules on the basis of religion. On the news today one of the women was complaining that the cop grabbed her and arrested her...but how else is he supposed to slap some cuffs on if he isn't touching her.

Seriously the more progressive we as a people try to be this kind of behavior and statements just push just back 2 steps and make us look like we are imposing in a country that has given us so much.

I would urge you to not be defensive - shoving a girl to the ground is not diffusing the situation, quite the contrary -- but even if you are right, I hope these result in legal challenges, either way it will only help society for the courts to be clear.

I would urge you to not be defensive - shoving a girl to the ground is not diffusing the situation, quite the contrary -- but even if you are right, I hope these result in legal challenges, either way it will only help society for the courts to be clear.

Basically this is what happened.

After they were refused entry to the rides they started yelling and creating a commotion and an altercation occurred between 3-4 guys. The cops were called and they tried to diffuse it by arresting those fighting, the woman stepped in to to "stop them".

She got arrested and more people pounced on the cops... it had nothing to do with our religion.

Back
Top Bottom