What's new

NY cops and burqa-clad Muslim women scuffle at amusement park on Eid

Meaning he is working for the CIA (they are the ones paying for his services, not the NYPD. Plus, he is a CIA employee, not an NYPD employee) on this NYPD program, to spy on American citizens. This is illegal, & violates the US constitution. Plain & simple.

let us end this argument and conceded that you are right , as you wont understand the concept of secondment . NOW when are you filing a case against the US government for doing something unconstitutional ?

but thats in another thread . and the discussion we are supposed to be having is why those Muslim women got arrested. that topic sadly stopped being discussed.

Yes, certainly but related - the sense of being discriminated against deserves greater attention from you - you simply dismiss it as if those who experience it some how have a worthless experience - I think that's not just inappropriate, but you deprive yourself of a deeper understanding - I think you can find a thread on the world affairs board about the experience of being Muslim in the US, especially with 9/11 anniversary approaching.

Meaning he is working for the CIA (they are the ones paying for his services, not the NYPD. Plus, he is a CIA employee, not an NYPD employee) on this NYPD program, to spy on American citizens. This is illegal, & violates the US constitution. Plain & simple.

My dear bilalhaider,

Please keep in mind that one of the specific failures identified after 9/11 was the inability of various government agencies to work with each other. Many instances of intelligence developed abroad that had important consequences locally were identified that were not communicated in time or at all.

Therefore, specific procedures for inter-agency co-operation in keeping with the laws and the Constitution were developed, and they all provide robust foundations for the type of program that you are objecting to here.

For example, anytime one is stopped for speeding now (remember Atta's traffic stop?) the DL information is cross-checked against classified databases too, not just police files.

I can go on, but you may get the point.

You a constitutional lawyer or LEO? OMG. You ARE thick!!

Again, the NYPD is not authorized to have secret agents, it is the US Secret Services that has them.

So what if the official is a CIA officer, paid by the CIA but on deputation to NYPD? Do you understand "deputation"?
Except for you and some likes of you, no one sees any violation of any laws, unless someone has something to hide.

He was deputing as a CIA agent, working for the CIA on an NYPD program. He was working for the CIA on this program, as a CIA employee, which is why he got paid by the CIA & not the NYPD. That is unconstitutional & illegal.

Again, the NYPD is not authorized to have secret agents, it is the US Secret Services that has them.

Ever heard of undercover cops?

He was deputing as a CIA agent, working for the CIA on an NYPD program. He was working for the CIA on this program, as a CIA employee, which is why he got paid by the CIA & not the NYPD. That is unconstitutional & illegal.

He was advising the NYPD as requested by the NYPD.

My dear bilalhaider,

Please keep in mind that one of the specific failures identified after 9/11 was the inability of various government agencies to work with each other. Many instances of intelligence developed abroad that had important consequences locally were identified that were not communicated in time or at all.

Therefore, specific procedures for inter-agency co-operation in keeping with the laws and the Constitution were developed, and they all provide robust foundations for the type of program that you are objecting to here.

For example, anytime one is stopped for speeding now (remember Atta's traffic stop?) the DL information is cross-checked against classified databases too, not just police files.

i doubt it . i feel like i have been banging my head against the wall. i need sleep its 1 am and i leave for Hyderabad tomorrow morning . good night .

My dear bilalhaider,

Again, you didn't talk anywhere about a law enforcement agency infiltrating & deploying secret agents into a community. That is where the crux of the problem lies.

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

He was advising the NYPD as requested by the NYPD.

He wasn't advising, he was the creator of the program, oversaw & executed it. He was an active member in the program, not a passive one.

Again, you didn't talk anywhere about a law enforcement agency infiltrating & deploying secret agents into a community. That is where the crux of the problem lies.

No Bilal, undercover cops do that ALL the time.

Yes, certainly but related - the sense of being discriminated against deserves greater attention from you - you simply dismiss it as if those who experience it some how have a worthless experience - I think that's not just inappropriate, but you deprive yourself of a deeper understanding - I think you can find a thread on the world affairs board about the experience of being Muslim in the US, especially with 9/11 anniversary approaching.
i agree with what you say , while i was in the states got mistaken for a Pakistani twice . was a bit disconcerting the way they look at you if they feel you are a Muslim and may be a threat.
but the gentleman with whom i was debating could not grasp the point of view being shared by everyone on the thread . any way thats for another time . i need sleep . good night

No sense getting hot under the collar - the issue is making the rounds, it needs, if it has merit, to be made a federal case - it's interesting that while there is a anti-discrimination organization ofr arab americans, there is not one for Muslim Americans - and is Muslim Americans allow the Saudis to control such a organization, if and when it comes to be, then they deserve all they get.

Undercover cops fall under the jurisdiction of the US Secret Service I believe, not the NYPD.

Lol. No. US Secret Service is responsible for mainly tackling counterfeit currency and such matters. Presidential security was a responsibility afforded to them as a second thought, which they are very good at now. US Secret service does not deal with other issues, although various agencies do work with each other.

Lol. No. US Secret Service is responsible for mainly tackling counterfeit currency and such matters. Presidential security was a responsibility afforded to them as a second thought, which they are very good at now. US Secret service does not deal with other issues, although various agencies do work with each other.

What's the difference between an undercover cop & a US Secret Service Officer? They're the same.

What's the difference between an undercover cop & a US Secret Service Officer? They're the same.
Seriously, are you having some sadistic fun or you really dont know such simple things - which you can easily look up on Google?

Seriously, are you having some sadistic fun or you really dont know such simple things - which you can easily look up on Google?

Steering clear of that, you still haven't answered the main question, as to why a CIA agent working for the CIA under the CIA payroll for this program, was an active of this NYPD program of spying on US citizens. There seems to be no evidence stating that he got prior authorization to do so, working as a CIA agent, not as a NYPD one, spying on US citizens.

Back
Top Bottom