What's new

NY cops and burqa-clad Muslim women scuffle at amusement park on Eid

They monitor, not spy. There's a difference. I'm referring to the act of specifically sending undercover agents into a community, that falls out of the jurisdiction of a law enforcement agency & into the intelligence gathering/spy agency arena. Refer to the tenth amendment of the US constitution.

now you are playing with semantics . what you call monitor can be called spying by another . why is it so hard for you to understand the concept of secondment ? do you not have it in Pakistan? once the person is shifted is he not still payed from his parent origination? also by your flag it seem you live in the states . if you feel so bad about the country , leave.

I had not formed that understanding from reading the lead article - but even if it happened the way you suggest - seems to me that's not "customer service" if you will

They monitor, not spy. There's a difference. I'm referring to the act of specifically sending undercover agents into a community, that falls out of the jurisdiction of a law enforcement agency & into the intelligence gathering/spy agency arena. Refer to the tenth amendment of the US constitution.

Oh, so all that undercover work, based on rumors and scant information, to weed out bosses of mafia/drug cartels was illegal? Should they be released, eh? What in the world are you talking about, dude? Get a grip on reality.

Oh, so all that undercover work, based on rumors and scant information, to weed out bosses of mafia/drug cartels was illegal? Should they be released, eh? What in the world are you talking about, dude? Get a grip on reality.

he cant , the need to play the martyr is just too much . i just don't see how every time a person of Muslim origin is arrested . it has to be an attack on the community .

Monitoring, & undercover work is not done by infiltrating secret agents into a community by the NYPD. Monitoring by the NYPD is done through known officers, it is not the US Secret Services that has undercover agents, which is a different body.

On a CIA payroll & not an NYPD one? Why?

Because he is a CIA employee whose services only have been temporarily requested by the NYPD, not a change of employing agency, i.e. not a new job.

Because he is a CIA employee whose services only have been temporarily requested by the NYPD, not a change of employing agency, i.e. not a new job.

Meaning if it's not a new job, & getting paid by the CIA for this specific task, he is working as a CIA employee for the CIA on that specific task. Correct? He is not an NYPD employee.

he cant , the need to play the martyr is just too much . i just don't see how every time a person of Muslim origin is arrested . it has to be an attack on the community .

That's simply an inaccurate representation of the position - and it does not further the discussion

forget it he does not understand what secondment means.

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

That's simply an inaccurate representation of the position - and it does not further the discussion

but what is the discussion about muse? the article thread stopped being discussed and we are discussing another one here.

If you read the article in question, you will see that the article raises precisely this question - what is a CIA agent doing in this show and is it legal - after all, if it is legal, why does the CIA need to go through the NYPD and why have other police dept's not have the same kind of program?? I think we are looking at a "one of" that has flown under the radar and perhaps the issues deserves more light shed on it

If you read the article in question, you will see that the article raises precisely this question - what is a CIA agent doing in this show and is it legal - after all, if it is legal, why does the CIA need to go through the NYPD and why have other police dept's not have the same kind of program?? I think we are looking at a "one of" that has flown under the radar and perhaps the issues deserves more light shed on it

but thats in another thread . and the discussion we are supposed to be having is why those Muslim women got arrested. that topic sadly stopped being discussed.

becausee the NYPD needed his expertise and decided the CIA could provide with such expertise. he was a CIA employee so clearly he had to be on the CIA payroll

Meaning he is working for the CIA (they are the ones paying for his services, not the NYPD. Plus, he is a CIA employee, not an NYPD employee) on this NYPD program, to spy on American citizens. This is illegal, & violates the US constitution. Plain & simple.

Monitoring, & undercover work is not done by infiltrating secret agents into a community by the NYPD. Monitoring by the NYPD is done through known officers, it is not the US Secret Services that has undercover agents, which is a different body.

You a constitutional lawyer or LEO? OMG. You ARE thick!!

Meaning he is working for the CIA (they are the ones paying for his services, not the NYPD. Plus, he is a CIA employee, not an NYPD employee) on this NYPD program, to spy on American citizens. This is illegal, & violates the US constitution.
So what if the official is a CIA officer, paid by the CIA but on deputation to NYPD? Do you understand "deputation"?
Except for you and some likes of you, no one sees any violation of any laws, unless someone has something to hide.

Back
Top Bottom