What's new

NY cops and burqa-clad Muslim women scuffle at amusement park on Eid

So where is the arrestable offense exactly?

Exactly. And imperfect as it is, USA is still more free than anywhere else by comparison.

Did not you read how many peoples got killed because of his provocation and hate crimes of burning the holy scriptures of muslims. You dont find burning the holy scripture as offence..may be you don't because this book has no value for you but it did hurt the feelings of those peoples who consider this book as holy. It was you who said that freedom comes with responsibilities and if you dont fulfill your responsibility then you might get arrested

Did not you read how many peoples got killed because of his provocation and hate crimes of burning the holy scriptures of muslims. You dont find burning the holy scripture as offence..may be you don't because this book has no value for you but it did hurt the feelings of those peoples who consider this book as holy. It was you who said that freedom comes with responsibilities and if you dont fulfill your responsibility then you might get arrested

You are totally wrong in your assumptions about me, and the rule of law.

Failure to be responsible is not the same as breaking the law in a way to get arrested.

I believe anyone who tries to tell me I must give up this or that right so they can keep me safe, has no desire for my safety but rather is own desire for control :)

I believe anyone who tries to tell me I must give up this or that right so they can keep me safe, has no desire for my safety but rather is own desire for control :)

Fair enough, I can accept that as correct.

You are totally wrong in your assumptions about me, and the rule of law.

Failure to be responsible is not the same as breaking the law in a way to get arrested.

Is burning the holy scripture within the law? what about hate crimes? racism?

Roller coasters go upside down, half of the time if you see these Burkha women they would be burkha less during most of the ride and that burkha comes off because they are inverted and gravity takes over, not because of the wind.

Moreover if they were this safety conscious at this event they could have provided for goggles which also hold down the hijab.

Hijab is a safe bet, safer than a sikh's turban. People running off theories about safety are paindus who haven't been on rides enough to know what the modern world is doing.

All it takes is one loose Hijab to come off and who knows where it'll go.

It might be true that most Hijabs are safely attached but then what if one isn't. Some people seem to get offended if the Hijab is checked and it all means extra checks need to be carried out.

They could provide some sort of fixing attachment. Or just make it clear if women want to wear a Hijab then it must be attached to their top.

Instead of getting involved in fights, this group should have complained and asked whether Sikhs with turbans/bobbles are allowed on these rides. If they are, then they have a good case for discrimination.

It might be true that most Hijabs are safely attached but then what if one isn't. Some people seem to get offended if the Hijab is checked and it all means extra checks need to be carried out.

They could provide some sort of fixing attachment. Or just make it clear if women want to wear a Hijab then it must be attached to their top.

Instead of getting involved in fights, this group should have complained and asked whether Sikhs with turbans/bobbles are allowed on these rides. If they are, then they have a good case for discrimination.

Absolutely.. Challenge the rules at the place they are made, if they seem unfair.. Not at the place they are implemented..Thats down right silly

lol are you reading my post?

I am talking about incident of burning the Quran by terry jones

Read this if you never heard about it

US pastor is showing no regrets about an act of hatred that provoked a massacre of UN staff amid deadly riots

Terry Jones defiant despite murders in Afghanistan over Qur'an burning | World news | The Observer

Terry Jones did NOT break any laws that would require his arrest. Simple and straightforward. Politically, morally and socially, he was widely condemned for his despicable act.

(I thought you were talking in general terms other than Terry Jones. I am sorry if I misunderstood you. I do try to read posts closely.)

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

What people should realize is that parks carry huge liability insurance coverages, and rules must be implemented for the policies to remain in effect. If the rules say no head gear, and a person is allowed an exception in violation of that rules, then the potential legal liability can be huge.

What people should realize is that parks carry huge liability insurance coverages, and rules must be implemented for the policies to remain in effect. If the rules say no head gear, and a person is allowed an exception in violation of that rules, then the potential legal liability can be huge.

This is what the rules say.

Ride Safety

Please follow these simple ride safety tips when riding. Additional precautions should be taken by parents and guardians who supervise smaller or younger children.
• Know you and your child's capabilities in determining whether or not a particular ride is appropriate.
• Watch the ride in operation before riding - make sure you/your child are comfortable with it and can ride it safely.
• Observe the height lines and read and follow all ride safety signs. These are posted at each ride and throughout the park to ensure safety.
• Smoking, food, gum and drinks are NOT allowed on rides or ride lines as they pose safety and choking hazards.
• Loose articles and personal possessions such as electronic devices, keys, hats, glasses, backpacks, purses and stuffed animals should be left at home, kept in a locker or left with a non-rider while at the Park or on rides. Lockers are provided for a fee, and some rides provide shared bins.[/B] All items and clothing must be appropriately secured while on a ride; some smaller items can be stored/secured in cargo pockets or waist pouches. Hats must be secured, and jackets/sweaters must be worn properly and not around the waist while on a ride. Some rides do not allow backpacks, purses or head gear of any kind.

http://www.ryeplayland.org/park_information.html#ride_safety

I'm not disagreeing with it. I suspect they probably dont apply the rule equally. All it takes is some sikhs to go on the ride, film it, and use it as evidence.

I'm not disagreeing with it. I suspect they probably dont apply the rule equally. All it takes is some sikhs to go on the ride, film it, and use it as evidence.

If such proof is presented in court, it will blow the case right out of the water, and the defendants will not only get off, but win a large award for damages for sure.

As I said before, its all about pseudo victim mentality which some of the insecure Muslims seem to enjoy these days. Not saying that there is no bias, but a lot of times such folks bring it upon themselves by their over reaction.

btw, I have been here a few times while i was living in Connecticut and on 2 separate occasions, 1 of my companions (sikh in both cases) was not allowed on some rides. We as a group decided not to go on those rides.. Simple..

Back
Top Bottom