What's new

NY cops and burqa-clad Muslim women scuffle at amusement park on Eid

americans cops are so shameless and frustrated just like their soldiers who used to play sex games in abu gharib,gitmo and bagram......these are the great american values obama brags about everytime he comes on media.
test............test

Yes that's what you said before but then I asked : Is it within the laws to burn the religious scriptures of Muslims in church? Are hate and bigotry acts not crimes in united state? Has he got freedom to play with feelings of Muslims ? If you argue that he has the right to burn a religious book in public places then this right comes without any responsibility so your statement that rights comes with responsibilities become invalid :)

It is free society. You are living in one. No one will kill you for burning a bible in UK.

---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

Fake anger aside, 3 year old law prohibited the woman from using the park with face garb on. Cop was merely upholding the law. I hope they all end up in prison for violence.

you are correct, and though many do not agree with the law itself. The patriot acted expanded the ability of the Governemnt to monitor groups.

Take this website as an example. If the servers are located in the U.S. and certian people seem to make threats agianst the U.S. or it's allies. The FBI can surreptitiously monitor and track the posters. If overseas then the NSA gets invloved. And if you think the Government doesn't bother itself with this little old website you would be very mistaken.

You flaunt the lowest point in American ethical standing - the Patriot Act - as an actual defence? If there was ever a reason to rise up against this very anti-American law, this is it.

Thumping the constitution goes out the window when you have draconian detention laws like the Patriot Act. I mean if something being a rule was sufficient, then Saudi Beheadings are laws too, whipping and caning for immorality are laws too, blasphemy acts are laws too and if you would recall not too long ago, Slavery was lawful too.

It's unacceptable to bow down to unacceptable laws. Great men have changed the course of great nations (including yours) by standing up to tyrannical laws. America was founded in dissent of the law of the unacceptable monarch. This woman's dissent was justified in the face of discriminatory laws and very American as discrimination traditionally, before the Patriot Act, was perceived unacceptable.

You're living in a fools paradise to think Muslims won't push back with all the discrimination against them. This is one but a small incident.

yes sir....the french were beheading criminals in outdoors by guillotine uptill September 10, 1977 when Carla Bruni was still catwalking indoors.

You're living in a fools paradise to think Muslims won't push back with all the discrimination against them. This is one but a small incident.

There is already an article running on WA that shows Muslims are quite happy in US. Besides, all the unhappy people, Muslim, Hindu, Sikh or anyone else is free to leave and find more "freer" countries.

You flaunt the lowest point in American ethical standing - the Patriot Act - as an actual defence? If there was ever a reason to rise up against this very anti-American law, this is it.

Thumping the constitution goes out the window when you have draconian detention laws like the Patriot Act. I mean if something being a rule was sufficient, then Saudi Beheadings are laws too, whipping and caning for immorality are laws too, blasphemy acts are laws too and if you would recall not too long ago, Slavery was lawful too.

It's unacceptable to bow down to unacceptable laws. Great men have changed the course of great nations (including yours) by standing up to tyrannical laws. America was founded in dissent of the law of the unacceptable monarch. This woman's dissent was justified in the face of discriminatory laws and very American as discrimination traditionally, before the Patriot Act, was perceived unacceptable.

Do you have any verification that the rule is discriminatory in nature.. i.e. non muslims are allowed head gear on the rides where as Muslims are prohibited..??

Do you have any verification that the rule is discriminatory in nature.. i.e. non muslims are allowed head gear on the rides where as Muslims are prohibited..??

As if that even matters...!

When you migrate to certain country, you are expected to obey the laws of host nation, whatever the level of severity. Non-Muslims do that in Muslim countries. No one shows outrage over that.

There is already an article running on WA that shows Muslims are quite happy in US. Besides, all the unhappy people, Muslim, Hindu, Sikh or anyone else is free to leave and find more "freer" countries.

By and large American society is still very good. It's only when you have to deal with the American government is where you got to walk on egg shells. Practically speaking American Muslims live with their heads down compared to their white Christian counterparts. Dress up like westerners, keep western names, always keep a happy face.

It wouldn't be out of the question that most of them felt compelled to say they are happy because saying otherwise would also be detrimental to how Americans treat them.

Anyone who says American Muslims live a life of first class citizens is kidding himself. There are some very clear distinctions and fears that you learn to meander around. Furthermore most of them are not ready to fight for their rights. As the survey says they always compare it with their home country's and are like "Sure we're lesser human beings here, but at least we're not being killed for our views at the same rate at which we would be killed in our home country". You don't see how sad that still is?

By and large American society is still very good. It's only when you have to deal with the American government is where you got to walk on egg shells. Practically speaking American Muslims live with their heads down compared to their white Christian counterparts. Dress up like westerners, keep western names, always keep a happy face.

Utter rubbish. I have seen dime a dozen Muslims with head scarves and names like Muhammad all over US. You should tell such stories to like minded people in Pakistan or AE, not in forum where Americans can read your musings.
It wouldn't be out of the question that most of them felt compelled to say they are happy because saying otherwise would also be detrimental to how Americans treat them.

Yes, did your radar go off in UAE! Keep giving us the chuckles.

Anyone who says American Muslims live a life of first class citizens is kidding himself. There are some very clear distinctions and fears that you learn to meander around. Furthermore most of them are not ready to fight for their rights. As the survey says they always compare it with their home country's and are like "Sure we're lesser human beings here, but at least we're not being killed for our views at the same rate at which we would be killed in our home country". You don't see how sad that still is?

Yeh, tell that to American Muslim athletes, politicians, artists.....they are everywhere.

You are hopeless. US takes hate crime very seriously and even illegal Americans get same rights are legal citizens. Living in UAE, what would you know about these things...

Pretty certain it was discriminatory when this happened:

http://gothamist.com/2011/08/31/police_baton_crowd_at_playland_afte.php

Fifteen people were arrested at Rye Playland amusement park in Westchester County yesterday afternoon, and two charged with felony assault after a melee broke out when a park employee asked a Muslim woman to remove her headscarf before boarding a ride. The woman who attempted to ride the Dragon Rollercoaster, Haifa Ali, tells Patch that after she was told she couldn't ride unless she removed her hijab, she and a group of other Muslim women went to ask for a refund. Then "someone grabbed her hijab…a park ranger wrestled another one of the women to the ground," when "law enforcement began to converge on the group, hitting them with batons." Another eyewitness not with the group says she heard one female police officer yell, "I don't give a f*ck about your culture."

This is the point where you have to stand up and fight for your rights. If the laws don't protect your rights, then the laws are unacceptable.

Practically speaking American Muslims live with their heads down compared to their white Christian counterparts. Dress up like westerners, keep western names, always keep a happy face.

Tau come back home. Who's stopping them? Or wait they want it their way all the way...

If they even had a bit of self-respect, they'd be out of there.

Not bending backwards and loosing their self-respect.

Utter rubbish. I have seen dime a dozen Muslims with head scarves and names like Muhammad all over US. You should tell such stories to like minded people in Pakistan or AE, not in forum where Americans can read your musings.

The US used to be a very tolerant culture, but things have changed significantly since 9/11. And before you lecture me, I should say that I have lived in the US long enough to see the difference before and after 9/11.

I personally know a number of Hindus and Sikhs who have left the US because of the changed attitude across the country. It's much worse for Muslims wearing traditional dress: what used to be genuine curiosity and interest towards the hijab has been replaced by judgemental looks and sneers.

Peter Tartaglia, deputy commissioner of Westchester County Parks, said the Muslim American Society of New York was warned in advance of the rule barring head scarves on rides for safety reasons.

Many Muslims were given refunds as they left the park disappointed.

Two park rangers were injured in the melee, prompting felony assault charges against two people arrested, officials said.

This is from same yahoo article. If cops were actually at fault, this family has every right to sue the city. As it is evidently clear, there were Muslims everywhere, enjoying the ride and many were given refunds. So this clearly is neither about Muslims nor about money. Clearly this is all about this specific family.

If this were lone Muslim family, allegations would have made more sense.

Tau come back home. Who's stopping them? Or wait they want it their way all the way...

If they even had a bit of self-respect, they'd be out of there.

Not bending backwards and loosing their self-respect.

Why didn't the white Europeans go back home when the native Americans didn't want them? Its a small argument that go back home, they have invested their lives in being where they are today and that has earned them the right to protest with vigor.

Why tolerate anti-war white hippies send them back to Europe. How come they don't lose their self-respect in fact become celebrated icons, but Muslims do? The problem is in the Muslim mind that makes them weak to stand up to injustices and speak up for their freedom. Keep your head down and live a life of a sub-human being or fight for your rights proudly. If everyone thought this way this entire world would be ruled by tyrannical regimes today.

I personally know a number of Hindus and Sikhs who have left the US because of the changed attitude across the country.

I cannot debate over this but I don't know a single "Indian" who has left US over religious discrimination. Their numbers have only gone up since 9/11.

Back
Top Bottom