What's new

NY cops and burqa-clad Muslim women scuffle at amusement park on Eid

Burkha can be understood because of safety... Headscarf cannot. If anything it keeps the head even more secure. I know, I've been on the world's fastest roller coaster in Abu Dhabi with hijabi chicks on the same ride.

In this day and age its safe bet American authorities were being bigoted as they mostly are against Muslims.

Why would Burkha be unsafe, but the Hijab be safe?

They're both clothing materials, both can fly off in the wind. If they're not applying the rules fairly, such as allowing Sikhs on the ride with turbans/bobble, then that's discrimination and should be fought against (even the bobble can come off). Hijabs that are fixed to the top/shirt obviously wouldn't come off and there's no reason for not allowing that as that wouldn't be headgear even though it covers the head.

There's certainly a lot of discrimination against muslims in the western sphere, particularly the western media, but fighting for causes that are not discriminatory takes away the light from the genuine anti muslim discrimination.

In any case, getting into a fight with security staff over the issue is not the way to go about solving this.

If those women want to wear burqa, do it at home. Do not bring that mid-earth thing to public. It can easily frighten a lot of people. U.S. should learn from France and ban the burqa in public. Problem solved.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

If you dare do that, you will be with quite a few bullet holes very soon.

Do not mess up with NY Police force.

Well lets put it this way if someone laid a hand on my mother I would do the same punch the lights out of the New York cop

And really police brutality is known fact in USA

If those women want to wear burqa, do it at home. Do not bring that mid-earth thing to public. It can easily frighten a lot of people. U.S. should learn from France and ban the burqa in public. Problem solved.

They can wear what they like as long as it's not against the law.

If you have a problem with how women dress, you should go see a psychologist.

Who let the turbans on the roller coaster?

It is now banned in France. More and more countries will follow. Do you suggest the French public to see a psychologist???

BTW, if you are so for such clothes, why don't you wear the damn thing???

Oh, I forget, you are a muslim male, right? You can expose your own skin and women cannot???

Now it is in 21st century, not in 8th!!!

They can wear what they like as long as it's not against the law.

If you have a problem with how women dress, you should go see a psychologist.

It is now banned in France. More and more countries will follow. Do you suggest the French public to see a psychologist???

BTW, if you are so for such clothes, why don't you wear the damn thing???

Oh, I forget, you are a muslim male, right? You can expose your own skin and women cannot???

Now it is in 21st century, not in 8th!!!

You an oracle? lol.

He said 'women'. Not burka-clad women. Whatever a woman wants to wear, it is her choice and right.

there was a law against any hats from 3 years ,because no cloth should fall on the track..
police have done their job.. The rule is not muslim specific

just jail those all who broke the law and put a hefty fine for not following a 3 years old law..

Baseball caps CAN fly away, hijab cannot. I KNOW because I've been on the world's fastest roller coaster ride which is frequented by hijabi women all the time without incident.

The safety standards of Ferrarri World would far surpass these kiddy rides. The only explanation is American bigotry.

Baseball caps CAN fly away, hijab cannot. I KNOW because I've been on the world's fastest roller coaster ride which is frequented by hijabi women all the time without incident.

The safety standards of Ferrarri World would far surpass these kiddy rides. The only explanation is American bigotry.

It depends on the the exact wording of the rules as written. Jumping to a conclusion of bigotry is premature at this point.

rules are rules; if stated in bold letters, there should be no such problems

pushing people to the ground is also not acceptable unless they became outwardly violent and with threatening posture......

Why would Burkha be unsafe, but the Hijab be safe?

They're both clothing materials, both can fly off in the wind. If they're not applying the rules fairly, such as allowing Sikhs on the ride with turbans/bobble, then that's discrimination and should be fought against (even the bobble can come off). Hijabs that are fixed to the top/shirt obviously wouldn't come off and there's no reason for not allowing that as that wouldn't be headgear even though it covers the head.

There's certainly a lot of discrimination against muslims in the western sphere, particularly the western media, but fighting for causes that are not discriminatory takes away the light from the genuine anti muslim discrimination.

In any case, getting into a fight with security staff over the issue is not the way to go about solving this.

Roller coasters go upside down, half of the time if you see these Burkha women they would be burkha less during most of the ride and that burkha comes off because they are inverted and gravity takes over, not because of the wind.

Moreover if they were this safety conscious at this event they could have provided for goggles which also hold down the hijab.

Hijab is a safe bet, safer than a sikh's turban. People running off theories about safety are paindus who haven't been on rides enough to know what the modern world is doing.

It depends on the the exact wording of the rules as written. Jumping to a conclusion of bigotry is premature at this point.

It's America, their government is made out of horrible people. It would be foolish not to make that the starting point.

i guess you could convince them that they will ''lose their modesty'' at 3 times gravitational force while inverted :D:D

It's America, their government is made out of horrible people. It would be foolish not to make that the starting point.

I will respect your starting point, unfair as it is, if you promise to discuss with me how this case turns out eventually. Deal?

Statue of liberty in ny must be laughing after watching all this lol

and also Benjamin Franklin who said that

“Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I will respect your starting point, unfair as it is, if you promise to discuss with me how this case turns out eventually. Deal?

If it were left to our more western than westerners people there would be no fight, all Muslims would bend over to get it. We need to fight for our rights and freedoms. The same problem exists with Pakistanis in the East and the West. Everyone wants to compromise on their freedoms. Here Mullahs will reject them, there Americans will reject them (50% of Pakistanis don't even sport their own names and become Bob, Steve, Victor, because of this subservient attitude they are not even allowed the liberty to have a name of their liking).

Nobody will give you your rights and freedoms. Americans didn't sip tea with the Brits either, they fought for every one of their freedom. You need to do the same.

Back
Top Bottom