JonAsad

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
:smokin:

Not convinced if we won Kargil: Lt Gen Kishan Pal

Read more at: Not convinced if we won Kargil: Lt Gen Kishan Pal

A General who led the Indian Army on ground in the Kargil conflict, has broken his 11-year silence to say that he believes India actually lost the war in strategic terms.

In an exclusive interview to NDTV, Lieutenant-General Kishan Pal, who was then the head of the Srinagar-based 15 Corps, says India has failed to consolidate its tactical gains.

Asked for his assessment of the conflict 11 years later, Gen Pal told NDTV: "Well for 11 years I did not speak at all...I did not speak because I was never convinced about this war, whether we really won it...We did gain some tactical victories, we regained the territories we lost, we lost 587 precious lives. I consider this loss of war because whatever we gained from the war has not been consolidated, either politically or diplomatically. It has not been consolidated militarily."

Gen Pal was recently in a controversy involving the battle performance report of one of his juniors, Brigadier Devinder Singh.

Source:
Not convinced if we won Kargil: Lt Gen Kishan Pal

Look at it dispassionately.

It says something for both India and Pakistan when we argue about who won wars years after they were fought.

Dad's armies?

A General who led the Indian Army on ground in the Kargil conflict, has broken his 11-year silence to say that he believes India actually lost the war in strategic terms.

In an exclusive interview to NDTV, Lieutenant-General Kishan Pal, who was then the head of the Srinagar-based 15 Corps, says India has failed to consolidate its tactical gains.

Asked for his assessment of the conflict 11 years later, Gen Pal told NDTV: "Well for 11 years I did not speak at all...I did not speak because I was never convinced about this war, whether we really won it...We did gain some tactical victories, we regained the territories we lost, we lost 587 precious lives. I consider this loss of war because whatever we gained from the war has not been consolidated, either politically or diplomatically. It has not been consolidated militarily."

Read more at: Not convinced we won Kargil: Lt Gen Kishan Pal to NDTV

No point to discuss a minor scrimage -

I mean its great he acknowledged it - but lets call it as it was , a scrimage in which we did not even activate our airforce it was few tanks and soliders going back to outposts after winter break and there was confusion and nothing more

Obviously this thread can become a heated debate thread rapidly

I don,t think it was minor to the hundreds of Soldiers from the Northern Light Infantry who died serving their country ,or in deed their famalies. And dito for the 587 INDIANS and their famalies too who fought and died to regain the Kargil

I don,t think it was minor to the hundreds of Soldiers from the Northern Light Infantry who died serving their country ,or in deed their famalies. And dito for the 587 INDIANS and their famalies too who fought and died to regain the Kargil

There are alot more soliders that die of natural causes on siachen glacier yearly and no one hears about them time we move on beyond the old scrimigaes and focus on bigger issues

The point being it was a scrimage that should never have happened , spcially in time when both countries were newly nuclear declared states it was unnecessary case of escallations on either parties

this only explains that after exposing truth he gave this statement for face saving.......

:cheers:

Facts are facts....you invaded, we beat you...you lost...simple take it face saving or take it anything you like :lol:

NDTV is just trying to get some PR by making a Fancy headline..Infact that General himself says we regained all lost territories which explains we won the war and you lost..

Maybe read the article before engaging in useless pissing competition

Last edited:
kargil was not a deisive victory for both parties..it was not even a "limited war".. n one that should not have taken at first place!
i once read a paper by an indian author who thought pakistan would have devastated itself if the war had continued..n now this statement...funny they cant even decide what had happened...

Face saving?? For months face saving was being done .. not on the pakistani side .. a couple of hundered men with thin supply lines were making news till they were withdrawn..

Yeah...now i expect Bizarre claims to be made by some members...Maybe ask Nawaz shareef what happened...oops....He is a traitor when he tells the truth :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom