What's new

Not a single TN fishermen was killed by SL Navy - India

I only have heard one incident, that also a 5-6-7 years ago.

Just think about reality, do you believe any country will keep silence if another country keep on killing their citizens? over 500? LOL

According to Defence Minister's statement in Parliament , Sri Lankan Navy had killed over 77 Indian fishermen between 1991 and mid-April 2007 across the Palk Straits .

Sri Lanka seeks clarification from India - DAWN.COM

Read the post above .

Brilliant.. So the last "killing" was in 2007 when a full blown war was going on and arms were smuggled by TN poachers to the terrorists that were controlling some parts of the northern sea.. Come 2009 SL forces decimated the terrorists and gained full control of it's maritime territory.. Since no Madrasi poacher have been killed unfortunately, Only been taken in to custody and a few numbskulls been cracked due to misbehaviour.. I would be grateful to the SL navy if i were you.. :lol:

COLOMBO, May 12: The Sri Lankan government is seeking clarification from India on Indian Defence Minister AK Antony's statement in parliament blaming the Sri Lankan Navy for the death of 77 Indian fishermen.

“We are perturbed over the statement which comes amidst clear evidence that the Tamil Tigers are behind some of the recent incidents”, a senior government official said referring to Mr Anthony’s claim last Wednesday that 77 Indian fishermen had been killed between 1991 and mid April 2007 by the Sri Lankan Navy.

The controversial statement by the Indian Defence Minister comes following an assurance by the Mahinda Rajapakse government to New Delhi that the Sri Lankan Naval forces had been given specific instructions not to target Indian fishermen. The government has also asserted that its Naval forces would never intrude into Indian maritime waters.

Foreign Ministry sources in Colombo meanwhile maintained that India had been cautioned that ‘certain groups’ were trying to sour relations between New Delhi and Colombo by blaming the killings on the Sri Lankan military forces. The Colombo based daily newspaper, The Island on Friday condemned the defence minister’s statement accusing the minister of brazenly ignoring the killing and abduction of Indian fishermen by the LTTE in March this year.

Last edited:
According to Defence Minister's statement in Parliament , Sri Lankan Navy had killed over 77 Indian fishermen between 1991 and mid-April 2007 across the Palk Straits .

Sri Lanka seeks clarification from India - DAWN.COM

Around those days(1991-2007) fishing was limited in Northern SL waters coz of the Tamil tiger terrorist issue. SL navy didn't allow SL fishermen to fish at night.

SL navy has rights to destroy any suspicious boat who roams in SL waters which was banned for entering/fishing. so in such situation if anything has happened it's unfortunate but who knows those Tamils from TN have engaged in other illegal activities. GoI and the politicians of TN had responsibility to protect their citizen by educating them.

Those TN Tamils got arrested not only in the above area.

What are the actions which have taken by your Tamilnadu government to prevent those TN Tamils entering to SL waters?

I do not have a problem with arrest of Tamil Fishermens in other areas. Katchateevu alone is a matter of contention for fishing rights.
What we do not want is cutting of fishing nets and injuring our fishermens.

Brilliant.. So the last "killing" was in 2007 when a full blown war was going on and arms were smuggled by TN poachers to the terrorists that were controlling some parts of the northern sea.. Come 2009 SL forces decimated the terrorists and gained full control of it's maritime territory.. Since no Madrasi poacher have been killed unfortunately, Only been taken in to custody and a few numbskulls been cracked due to misbehaviour.. I would be grateful to the SL navy if i were you.. :lol:

SL navy had infact blamed the LTTE for every fishermen killed till 2009, when the survived fishermen clearly said its the SL navy personnels and identified their ships.
Ok If it can be removed due to doubts, SL navy did kill fishermens between 2009-2011, which it cannot put the blame on LTTE.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/MB23Df04.html

2 fishermens killed in feb 2011. A neutral source.

First of all he's not Sinhalese. You made yourself a joker there.

I don't want to waste time with you. Can't you understand these simple words? "RESPECT CURRENT INTERNATIONAL BORDERS"

Fantasy world your people seem to live in doesn't apply when it comes to rule of law. If we go by the same logic then British can claim India saying it did a mistake by giving you independence.

Last but not least why do you try to destroy livelihood of your own brothers who you are so concerned of being persecuted by us?

I dont care who he is. The one who is using funny by calling by name, I shall respond back in my way. I never said, even for arguement sake, Katchateevu belongs to India, you funny. It belongs to SL internationally. What I mean was, it was a traditional zone used by us for centuries, and it was tough to keep the fishermens to keep fishing off the area, considering its too near to our coastline and to other Indian islands.
Secondly, I condemned inhumane treatment , tearing off fishing nets which invokes a bad taste in me and in India. Even Pakistan Navy do not do such things to Indian fishermen. Get it.

Last edited:
I dont care who he is. The one who is using funny by calling by name, I shall respond back in my way. I never said, even for arguement sake, Katchateevu belongs to India, you funny. It belongs to SL internationally. What I mean was, it was a traditional zone used by us for centuries, and it was tough to keep the fishermens to keep fishing off the area, considering its too near to our coastline and to other Indian islands.
Secondly, I condemned inhumane treatment , tearing off fishing nets which invokes a bad taste in me and in India. Even Pakistan Navy do not do such things to Indian fishermen. Get it.
Simple solution: Inform your fishermen not to fish in SL waters. How hard can that be?

If these bunch of monkeys continuously fish in SL waters while ignoring warnings of SL navy, what would you expect the navy to do? Invite them to a five star hotel and send them back to India with a 1st class seat in Sri Lankan Airlines? And just because you call him a Sinhalese in your way, doesn't make him a Sinhalese. There are more ethic groups in Sri Lanka than Sinhalese and Tamils. Get it into your head.

Brilliant.. So the last "killing" was in 2007 when a full blown war was going on and arms were smuggled by TN poachers to the terrorists that were controlling some parts of the northern sea.. Come 2009 SL forces decimated the terrorists and gained full control of it's maritime territory.. Since no Madrasi poacher have been killed unfortunately, Only been taken in to custody and a few numbskulls been cracked due to misbehaviour.. You should be grateful to the SL navy if i were you.. :lol:

Do you have comprehension issues , this report talks about the shootings till April 2007 .

How did you reached the conclusion that there was no shooting after that .

Even the report on OP only states that there was no firing after April 2011 .

The data between the time period as of now is not available .

If it was IN that was shooting the fishermen from SL , I wonder whether you would still be posting with the loling smiley .

During the war....? Tamilnadu people are so shameless that they will swallow anything said against Sri Lanka. Pathetic.

The report is from Defence minister answering in parliament .

What in the hell is there to be ashamed in believing that report ??

Aren't you Srilankans also shamelessly swallowing the report from SriLankan govt. that there was no human rights violations in civil war ??

Around those days(1991-2007) fishing was limited in Northern SL waters coz of the Tamil tiger terrorist issue. SL navy didn't allow SL fishermen to fish at night.

SL navy has rights to destroy any suspicious boat who roams in SL waters which was banned for entering/fishing. so in such situation if anything has happened it's unfortunate but who knows those Tamils from TN have engaged in other illegal activities. GoI and the politicians of TN had responsibility to protect their citizen by educating them.

The question is why the shootings .

Has IN shoot at SL fishermen who cross the water illegally . NO .

The report is from Defence minister answering in parliament .

Indian government itself acknowledge that there were no killings done by SLA.

What in the hell is there to be ashamed in believing that report ??

They should be ashamed that they believe reports without even questioning there rationality.

Aren't you Srilankans also shamelessly swallowing the report from SriLankan govt. that there was no human rights violations in civil war ??

They do not need the government to say there was no human right violation happened in Sri Lanka. They know it just by experience that there was no human right violation was done. Because they live with reality.

How do you know SLN has shot them? Did you find bodied laden with bullet wounds?

Usually it is difficult to shoot accurately from small firearms such as pistols and AK-47s from boat because of the instability of the boat itself. Unless navy boat get very near to the fishing boat and lining the fishermen there. In that case there is little chance that any fisherman to survive the onslaught. Or else navy have to use their large caliber guns such as 20-30mm canons. In that case normal fisher boat won't stay aloft for long.

Is there any evidence for systematic killing of fishermen or sinking fisher boats like I have mentioned?

There is a procedure in every navy before a shooting event.
On the other hand why would take a risk closing to a suspicious boat?

Indian government itself acknowledge that there were no killings done by SLA.

The Indian govt. never said anything like that .

They should be ashamed that they believe reports without even questioning there rationality.

Apply the same to your logic below .

They do not need the government to say there was no human right violation happened in Sri Lanka. They know it just by experience that there was no human right violation was done. Because they live with reality.

The same can be said about everybody .

Funny to see your hypocritic behavior on both issues .

The Indian govt. never said anything like that .

Yes they did.

Apply the same to your logic below .

The same can be said about everybody .

Funny to see your hypocritic behavior on both issues .

Not every body. People in India do not know that. People in Canada do not know that. People in UK do not know that. They see all through biased media reports.

Back
Top Bottom