What's new

Not a single TN fishermen was killed by SL Navy - India

Cant you understand when I said its complex? Katchateevu is Sri lanka's from late 1970's. Before that, and 1000's of year ago, who fished near it? You or me cannot go and tell "This Island belongs to SL, dont fish here." The fishermen responds that its their traditional fishing zone 1000 of year ago.
Moreover, the post 34, the racist sinhalese , in the federal govt set up, the Parliament needs state govt approval in ceding a region or a part, and in the said year, it never obtained our permission.
Can he possibly understand what a stupid defence the GoI have given? So if a Island after our maritime border is present , it automatically assumes it does not belong to India? UPA really dont have "proper" defence in this matter. They could accept the mistake of 1974 and take remedial steps. But they do not.

Your own courts and gov says what you say is wrong. The island has never been India's. Also this traditional fishing areas 1000 years old is some bullsh1t that has no say in diplomatic connections. There is a border fish in your side, we fish in our side. If you cross the boundary we will arrest you. SImple as that!

And the official position of Indian gov goes along with our position!!

Here is the report from defence minister about the death of TN fishermen

Sri Lanka seeks clarification from India - DAWN.COM

Read the report in OP . It says from April 2011 only .

Not a single Indian fishermen was killed by SL Navy - India

May be....And why was that because there was a war until 2009! We cant guarantee the life of anyone in Northern seas at that period, even that of a thief of a different country.

These jokers in TN claim SL navy kills TN fishermen from 2011 as well. That is what both navies and both govs reject. It is the childish acts and lies of TN tha create tensions between Inida and SL. That is their motive as well. Fortunately both SLG and GOI have more maturity than TN jokers

So are you saying that none of TN fishermen were shot down by SL .

SL gov rejects such claims, Indian gov rejects and indian coast guard rejects and what more do u want?
And SL is not crazy to waste their bullets on TN thieves..

According to Defence Minister's statement in Parliament , Sri Lankan Navy had killed over 77 Indian fishermen between 1991 and mid-April 2007 across the Palk Straits .

Sri Lanka seeks clarification from India - DAWN.COM

Show that to your gov.....

Last edited:
The very reason SLN arrested many TN fishermen was because TN arrests SLn fishermen and keeps them in prison for a long time. But media doesnt show that. SL gover arrested them because of this attitude of TN. TN is in the hands of immature idiots. Only when indian central gov and SLn gov can act diplomatically

Look at the time of arrest and release of TN and SL fishermen . The time period is almost same .

There is no such keeping in prison for long time .

May be....And why was that because there was a war until 2009! We cant guarantee the life of anyone in Northern seas at that period, even that of a thief of a different country.

These jokers in TN claim SL navy kills TN fishermen from 2011 as well. That is what both navies and both govs reject. It is the childish acts and lies of TN tha create tensions between Inida and SL. That is their motive as well. Fortunately both SLG and GOI have more maturity than TN jokers

TN fisherman shot dead by Lankan navy in mid-sea firing - Times Of India

Report about 2011 January shootings . Sorry I don't see any maturity .

SL gov rejects such claims, Indian gov rejects and indian coast guard rejects and what more do u want?
And SL is not crazy to waste their bullets on TN thieves..

Show that to your gov.....

Try to play with words . Sorry nobody is impressed .

Our govt. or agencies never said that there were no shootings .

What they said was that there were no shootings after April 2011

Moreover our govt. have already said that there were shooting between 1999 and 2011 .

Last edited:
I do not have a problem with arrest of Tamil Fishermens in other areas. Katchateevu alone is a matter of contention for fishing rights.
What we do not want is cutting of fishing nets and injuring our fishermens.

SL navy had infact blamed the LTTE for every fishermen killed till 2009, when the survived fishermen clearly said its the SL navy personnels and identified their ships.
Ok If it can be removed due to doubts, SL navy did kill fishermens between 2009-2011, which it cannot put the blame on LTTE.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/MB23Df04.html

2 fishermens killed in feb 2011. A neutral source.

I dont care who he is. The one who is using funny by calling by name, I shall respond back in my way. I never said, even for arguement sake, Katchateevu belongs to India, you funny. It belongs to SL internationally. What I mean was, it was a traditional zone used by us for centuries, and it was tough to keep the fishermens to keep fishing off the area, considering its too near to our coastline and to other Indian islands.
Secondly, I condemned inhumane treatment , tearing off fishing nets which invokes a bad taste in me and in India. Even Pakistan Navy do not do such things to Indian fishermen. Get it.

But most of the arrests are not around Katchchtheevu......most of the arrests are in Trinco, Puttalam, Kalpititya, Jaffna which are very much inside the Lankan territory.

And if the SL navy harms TN fishermen that much why do they come here repeatedly in thousands?

You say SL navy killed people between 2009 to 2011, but there is no substantiated case. If such an inident took place indian gov would have taken actions. They dont! And also there is a indian coast guard and a navy none of them come with those accusations though such baseless claims appear in tamil tabloids.

Do you have comprehension issues , this report talks about the shootings till April 2007 .
How did you reached the conclusion that there was no shooting after that .
Even the report on OP only states that there was no firing after April 2011 .
The data between the time period as of now is not available .
If it was IN that was shooting the fishermen from SL , I wonder whether you would still be posting with the loling smiley .
No one reaches conclusions here. Had SL navy killed any TN fishermen as the TN politicians scream I don’t think the indian gov would remain passive spectators. The real truth is there is no such substantiated case, only media reports which are just allegations.
For TN fishermen disappearances before 2009, our navy cannot be responsible for obvious reasons.
Also it is stupid to claim Indian gov only reject any killings from 2011 and ask about what might have happened during 2009 to 11. If there is any evidence of such incidents indian navy or coast guard would have informed Ind gov. The fact that indian gov didn’t bring a single incident suggests the lack of such incidents.
If SL fishermen were harassed in indian seas our first option would be asking our fishermen to stop crossing the boundary and not some childish acts.
The report is from Defence minister answering in parliament .
What in the hell is there to be ashamed in believing that report ??
Aren't you Srilankans also shamelessly swallowing the report from SriLankan govt. that there was no human rights violations in civil war ??
You can believe in any report you want, we don’t care! And what report are you talking about that we Lankans are said to be believing in?

The question is why the shootings .

Has IN shoot at SL fishermen who cross the water illegally . NO .

what shooting when your gov has REJECTED such shootings idiot?

The Indian govt. never said anything like that .

Apply the same to your logic below .

The same can be said about everybody .

Funny to see your hypocritic behavior on both issues .

read the article

they are killing their own blood brothers,is that a problem for you???
these so called Aryan chingala,Dravidian Tamils are very same specie.chingalese are Tamils,mostly from low castes,who converted to Buddhism and adopted a language,thats
basically a mixture of pali,Tamil and Sanskrit.now these converted Tamils,thinking that they are Aryans descended from North Indians.check their DNA samples then you can understand it.why you are so much interested in srilankan issues?let them fight and die.its their fate.

Hi manlion! As you couldnt convince people from your flawed logic, using a different technique? we got u! such a naive guy!

Some may be crossing knowing the boundary but many crosses over without knowledge .

This happens throughout the world . Look at Indo-Pak and Indo-Bangla border .

Fishermen do cross over . The general norm is to arrest them and then return them and not shoot them .

Is there any reason why Kerala fishermen cannot fish in TN ??

Every fishermen from TN that crosses the boundary do it deliberate and with full knowledge that they are entering SL territory. the truth is these people live on the resources of SL.

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::taz::taz::taz::taz:

I think its time of you to see your doctor. Is your medication running low?

Ignore him. That is manlion

Last edited:
But most of the arrests are not around Katchchtheevu......most of the arrests are in Trinco, Puttalam, Kalpititya, Jaffna which are very much inside the Lankan territory.

And if the SL navy harms TN fishermen that much why do they come here repeatedly in thousands?

You say SL navy killed people between 2009 to 2011, but there is no substantiated case. If such an inident took place indian gov would have taken actions. They dont! And also there is a indian coast guard and a navy none of them come with those accusations though such baseless claims appear in tamil tabloids.

There was. From 2009-2011 there was no LTTE to blame for the killings, and there was a lot of killing. Indian govt have just filed in court, after mid- 2011 there had been no killings, which I too accept.
And yes, if they fish in other areas inside SL territory, then law can take its course.

Look at the time of arrest and release of TN and SL fishermen . The time period is almost same .

There is no such keeping in prison for long time .

TN fisherman shot dead by Lankan navy in mid-sea firing - Times Of India

Report about 2011 January shootings . Sorry I don't see any maturity .

Try to play with words . Sorry nobody is impressed .

Our govt. or agencies never said that there were no shootings .

What they said was that there were no shootings after April 2011

Moreover our govt. have already said that there were shooting between 1999 and 2011 .

The SL fishermen have been held in prisons for a very long periods by TN. Are news paper articles the only thing you have? Your own gov says there is no killing since 2011 and you bring a newpaper from 2011 january.

If the indian gov is stating that there are no killings from 2011 that doesnt mean fishermen were kiled befoe 2011. If there is such incident your gov or anybody from India can try that in court, but they dont. Media reports are not gospel truth. idiot!

No one reaches conclusions here. Had SL navy killed any TN fishermen as the TN politicians scream I don’t think the indian gov would remain passive spectators. The real truth is there is no such substantiated case, only media reports which are just allegations.
For TN fishermen disappearances before 2009, our navy cannot be responsible for obvious reasons.
Also it is stupid to claim Indian gov only reject any killings from 2011 and ask about what might have happened during 2009 to 11. If there is any evidence of such incidents indian navy or coast guard would have informed Ind gov. The fact that indian gov didn’t bring a single incident suggests the lack of such incidents.
If SL fishermen were harassed in indian seas our first option would be asking our fishermen to stop crossing the boundary and not some childish acts.

You can believe in any report you want, we don’t care! And what report are you talking about that we Lankans are said to be believing in?

what shooting when your gov has REJECTED such shootings idiot?

read the article

I gave you two links , retard .

It is not my problem that your pea sized brain cannot comprehend the two reports .

One by Indian defence minister itself saying SL navy indulged in shootings of TN fishermen.

The SL fishermen have been held in prisons for a very long periods by TN. Are news paper articles the only thing you have? Your own gov says there is no killing since 2011 and you bring a newpaper from 2011 january.

If the indian gov is stating that there are no killings from 2011 that doesnt mean fishermen were kiled befoe 2011. If there is such incident your gov or anybody from India can try that in court, but they dont. Media reports are not gospel truth. idiot!

No wonder debating with retards like you is a waste of time .

There was. From 2009-2011 there was no LTTE to blame for the killings, and there was a lot of killing. Indian govt have just filed in court, after mid- 2011 there had been no killings, which I too accept.
And yes, if they fish in other areas inside SL territory, then law can take its course.

So what has happened to those cases? If your gover, your navy or coast guard is incapable of finding any evidence to point at SL that is not our problem. The fact remains there are NO substantiated reports of fishermen killings by SL navy even during 2009 to 2011.
If there are any bring them out! and stop your fishermen crossing the borders cos we will arrest them

So what has happened to those cases? If your gover, your navy or coast guard is incapable of finding any evidence to point at SL that is not our problem. The fact remains there are NO substantiated reports of fishermen killings by SL navy even during 2009 to 2011.
If there are any bring them out! and stop your fishermen crossing the borders cos we will arrest them

Thats why we are blaming the central govt for it. Understand.

I gave you two links , retard .

It is not my problem that your pea sized brain cannot comprehend the two reports .

One by Indian defence minister itself saying SL navy indulged in shootings of TN fishermen.

No wonder debating with retards like you is a waste of time .

I am not jobless like you to read any link that you post here. just copy the part from that article that helps your argument. If your defence minister says so why doesnt the GOI take any action? And does he state that fishermen were killed by SL navy? and what evidence?
Fishermen in sea can die due to many reasons.

Of course debating with anyone who brings newspaper articles with no names, no place of incidents and just heresay is a waste of time.

The FACT is indian gov hasnt even questioned SL over these alleged killings. It is simply because many of these allegations have NO basis. And indian coast guard knows very well what happens at sea.

Thats why we are blaming the central govt for it. Understand.

because your central gov is not a 3rd grade tamil tabloid. It needs EVIDENCE to counter SL not mere allegations and heresay. The Indian navy knows very well what happens in the border. They know that most of the claims by TN fishermen are false. That is why!

I am not jobless like you to read any link that you post here. just copy the part from that article that helps your argument. If your defence minister says so why doesnt the GOI take any action? And does he state that fishermen were killed by SL navy? and what evidence?

Of course debating with anyone who brings newspaper articles with no names, no place of incidents and just heresay is a waste of time.

The FACT is indian gov hasnt even questioned SL over these alleged killings. It is simply because many of these allegations have NO basis. And indian coast guard knows very well what happens at sea.

Yeah only the srilankans are the truth bears , rest all are telling lies .

Fishermen hit by bullets must have died of sea sickness according to you .

Newspaper articles quoting the defence minister answering in the parliament .

Much credible than anything lanka can ever churn out .

because your central gov is not a 3rd grade tamil tabloid. It needs EVIDENCE to counter SL not mere allegations and heresay. The Indian navy knows very well what happens in the border. They know that most of the claims by TN fishermen are false. That is why!

So the dead fishermens killed by themselves? Are you even sane? Just type in google, list of tamil fishermens killed. The surrvived fishermens had even clearly mentioned the numbers on the SL navy boats. Centre for some reason do not take any action. Cos it thinks, it will push you guys towards China or some countries hostile to us.
There have been a lots of fishermens killed by SL navy and its a fact. SL navy cannot blame LTTE anymore. There is very less chance Indian navy had killed them for fun. No pirates nearby. So the words of the surviving fishermens have to be taken into account. Indian Navy in a way is helpless cos, the killings didnt happen in Indian waters, thats it.

Back
Top Bottom