What's new

Kya Dilli Kya Lahore

danke indisch - wurde für Sie besorgt

I am just telling it - as I see it, we have poverty in Pakistan, Egypt, China, Mexico - etc - but the poverty I saw in india was the most wretched because of the simple acceptance of everyday people, me and my hosts would be out and about at night and see young children sleeping at the side of the road, apparently alone, and no one would bat an eye lid. This blasé attitude shocked me. Also the sheer amount of it, when you see thousands of beggars with the most appalling maladies - and sores - and the limitless amount of it.

It indeed is very surprising that when Indians are confronted with the amount of poverty prevalent in India, they get offended very quickly. I don't know what is the reason for such a malady.

Is it that they want to hide it, because this may display and project their country as a poverty stricken place, which they don't want the world to see.

Is it that they are ashamed of it, because India is being projected as an emerging power and has so much poverty.

Is it that they even want to hide it from themselves - the reality that exists in India. Hiding the head in the sand kind of syndrome.

Even their government attempts to hide it. They change the below poverty line definition accepted world wide with their own. This is kind killing two birds with one stone. They want to project that there is much less of a problem at the world fora, and to their people, they want to show an increase in out of poverty people, every year.

Is it that they want to tell their people that their government is spending thousands of billions of dollars on poverty alleviation programmes.

Whatever the reason, it certainly neither helps India in the world at large, nor does it actually help the poor and downtrodden of India.

Whatever the reason it however is indeed surprising.

It indeed is very surprising that when Indians are confronted with the amount of poverty prevalent in India, they get offended very quickly. I don't know what is the reason for such a malady.

Is it that they want to hide it, because this may display and project their country as a poverty stricken place, which they don't want the world to see.

Is it that they are ashamed of it, because India is being projected as an emerging power and has so much poverty.

Is it that they even want to hide it from themselves - the reality that exists in India. Hiding the head in the sand kind of syndrome.

Even their government attempts to hide it. They change the below poverty line definition accepted world wide with their own. This is kind killing two birds with one stone. They want to project that there is much less of a problem at the world fora, and to their people, they want to show an increase in out of poverty people, every year.

Is it that they want to tell their people that their government is spending thousands of billions of dollars on poverty alleviation programmes.

Whatever the reason, it certainly neither helps India in the world at large, nor does it actually help the poor and downtrodden of India.

Firstly, Pakistan has a lot of poverty, and your economy and per capita income is much worse than us. Please save your sympathies for for the poor on your side of the border.

Similarly to your rant:

It indeed is very surprising that when Pakistan are confronted with the amount of terrorism prevalent in Pakistan, they get offended very quickly. I don't know what is the reason for such a malady.

Is it that they want to hide it, because this may display and project their country as a terrorism stricken place, which they don't want the world to see.

Is it that they are ashamed of it, because Pakistan is being projected as terrorist mullahs who don't know any other trade.

Is it that they even want to hide it from themselves - the reality that exists in Pakistan. Hiding the head in the sand kind of syndrome.

Two people can play this annoying game. I am sure you get the point :coffee:

Look at this idiot guy he is bringing building and train from delhi and some protesting religious guys from Lahore to have comparison of Lahore and Delhi :no:

I guess you missed the point, usual Pakistani trait...these are the world perceptions of those two places.

^ignore the kids paaji. mitti pao.

movies like these are especially touching for those of us who migrated across. looking forward to it

Yeah ultimately you end up agreeing with the kid, only punjabis stuck up in past care about this....thats probably less than 5% of India, hardly matters to India as a whole.:)

Yeah ultimately you end up agreeing with the kid, only punjabis stuck up in past care about this....thats probably less than 5% of India, hardly matters to India as a whole.:)
partition didn't just happen in punjab son. pretty much the entire north was involved (not even considering east bengal yet)
good or bad, pakistan matters to india.

Firstly, Pakistan has a lot of poverty, and your economy and per capita income is much worse than us. Please save your sympathies for for the poor on your side of the border.

Similarly to your rant:

It indeed is very surprising that when Pakistan are confronted with the amount of terrorism prevalent in Pakistan, they get offended very quickly. I don't know what is the reason for such a malady.

Is it that they want to hide it, because this may display and project their country as a terrorism stricken place, which they don't want the world to see.

Is it that they are ashamed of it, because Pakistan is being projected as terrorist mullahs who don't know any other trade.

Is it that they even want to hide it from themselves - the reality that exists in Pakistan. Hiding the head in the sand kind of syndrome.

Two people can play this annoying game. I am sure you get the point :coffee:

That is exactly what I was saying that instead of logically replying, most of you guys either start counter questioning, start challenging the validity of the source or start start accusing Pakistan of the same thing etc etc.

Answer the questions logically instead of beating around the bush.

ha ha ha ......

When did I say I am from South India. I said I may be living in Bandra, if you know where that is.
You said you know more about South India than me.....

We have what we need. And we will have more if we need more.
What do you have?let us compare...
You have 1/7 th indian population...

1.Mumbai has 118 skyscrapers above 100metre
Karachi have only 4
List of cities with most skyscrapers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2.India has 3 metro rails in operation
7 under construction
11 proposed/approved
Pakistan have just 1 proposed/approved(lahore)
Rapid transit in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3.The electricity sector in India had an installed capacity of 205.34 Gigawatt (GW) as of June 2012, the world's fifth largest. Captive power plants generate an additional 31.5 GW.
Pakistan produces only19.5 GW

4.India has 6lane+service lane ringroads for tier 3 cities
Pakistan has 6lane+service lane ring roads for tier 1 cities like lahore

5.A single Indian automotive company tata motors earns a revenue of $34.575billion
Pakistan?

6.India is at the verge of starting 4000 km high speed rail...
What about Pakistan?

7.India has modern glass and steel airport built or under construction for every tier 1,2,3 city
Pakistan has 1 under construction(islamabad)

You guys are basically upstarts and nothing more.
We are upstarts when compared to china who is a decade ahead......
Compared with pak? we are 2 decades ahead...:rofl:
Do you have any thing like this???

Gift city under construction

GIFT_large_.jpg

Look at this idiot guy he is bringing building and train from delhi and some protesting religious guys from Lahore to have comparison of Lahore and Delhi :no:
then bring on your meto train bhai.....:P

Thread was about a movie dated back to partition times..lets see where does it end:P

India has a large no of poor people among developing countries coz it has got more populattion....
any one stopped danny boyle from filming slumdog millionare?

India is considered as an emerging power because it has reduced poverty from 60% to 30% in past 20-25 years...

any one can see an Indian slum anytime...there is even slum tourism...:lol:
From whom did we hide?
with UN defenition poverty in India is 33%:blah:

a single programm aimed at providing guaranteed jobs to rural people have annual spending of $10 billion an year...

partition didn't just happen in punjab son. pretty much the entire north was involved (not even considering east bengal yet)
good or bad, pakistan matters to india.

We really need to move on from this, and not make movies like this. Whatever it is, you wont see movies (or sentiments) like "Kya Kolkata Kya Dhaka". We the younger generation need to move on and make Partition and Pakistan irrelevant. It really is pathetic when we make movies like this about people that slaughtered our ancestors (mine came from Lahore as well).

The bottom line is if these Pakistani Muslims wanted us, they would not have slaughtered our ancestors. They continue to do so even today, with the Hindu/Sikh refugees escaping to India.

You never had more of anything. Only till some years ago, most of you would roam around in 20 year old bell bottom pants. It is only recently that some money has fallen your way because of cheap labour you could provide and thus some outsourcing. And because of that you think you've become rich - ha ha ha

Don't knock bellbots till you've actually gone to the local darzi (Umar chacha in our case) and had a competition with your brother to make sure your bottom hem is at least a couple of inches more flared than his.

Unlike you, I probably belong to a generation that remembers.

Unlike you I'm not a snot nosed pimply crybaby either.

I guess you missed the point, usual Pakistani trait...these are the world perceptions of those two places.
well only idiot people speak for whole world and assume that everyone in world percieve others as we do..youvare probably in growing stage . its not your fault :)

^chest beating much??
poor post gslv :tdown:
Let them live in their own make beleive world???:rofl:
Next day after chandrayaan launch I saw an article in a pak news paper website
Dr APJ abdul Kalam stole the blue print of a scout rocket(which is as big as a table surface and runs into 1000s of pages) tucked it into his jacket(this was 1960s when he went to NASA training centre,who would keep blue print there anyway?) and built SLV 3 in 1980s(and US kept mum about soviet ally copying their rocket):rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom