What's new

Islam's image: reformation and makeover

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^
Is it allowed to write Kuran in punjabi? I need an answer.

Do read:- Hindu temples. What happened to them? by Sita Ram Goel.

Reading it now. As expected.

And the same story continues today. Nothing has changed.

Whoever said that "We have moved on", was either lying or needs to educate himself.

The prime example is teh concept of "Adaab" in Islam. That is the greetin of "ganga-jamuni" Tehzeeb in India. It has a peculiar local essence. But you pakistanis do not follow it. Instead people have been so horribly brainwashed now that saying "Khuda Hafiz" in the before 1970s has now been replaced with "Allah hafiz" only. I stick to my stand that the propagators of Islams, have kept in mind that Arabian coloniasm is favoured and immortalised in the long run.

And here we have blind followers to that doctrine.

This is the mistake of Pakistani politicians and not Islam. Malaysians and Indonesians have retained their culture while following islam. pakistani politicians wanted to use islam for political purpose.They wanted to be the big brother of Islamic world. That is the reason for Arabising Pakistan .

Reading it now. As expected.

And the same story continues today. Nothing has changed.

Whoever said that "We have moved on", was either lying or needs to educate himself.

Absolutely!

Islam has become a closed creed which is not open to discussions and modifications.

How can a religion which is considered to be "brought upon this earth for the whole mankind" can divide the same human kind in "believers" and "non-believers"?

Why only Muslims are supposed to go to heaven? Any non-muslim, doesn't matter how pious and god fearing he is, is to be doomed for eternal hell?

Why a religion which boasts of social equality is divided on the lines of Shia-Sunni, Ashraf-Azlif, Slavery etc;?

I appreciate your questions Sid.. and I know these are quite answerable but this is not the right place to ask questions about Islam.....

Absolutely!

Islam has become a closed creed which is not open to discussions and modifications.

How can a religion which is considered to be "brought upon this earth for the whole mankind" can divide the same human kind in "believers" and "non-believers"?

Why only Muslims are supposed to go to heaven? Any non-muslim, doesn't matter how pious and god fearing he is, is to be doomed for eternal hell?

Why a religion which boasts of social equality is divided on the lines of Shia-Sunni, Ashraf-Azlif, Slavery etc;?

And Why is that a person blindly following Arabi culture, dressing, habits, language is more purer breed muslim than others?

I appreciate your questions Sid.. and I know these are quite answerable but this is not the right place to ask questions about Islam.....

Kugga, if you have answers to defend your religion,atleast answer me in a way so that i wont be able to raise questions about Islam again. Reminding you that I have already read The Quran and Various Hadiths many a times and have full knowledge about Mohammad's life history. :)

And Why is that a person blindly following Arabi culture, dressing, habits, language is more purer breed muslim than others?

Following Mohammed in every sense, that's why the more they copy him, the more orthodox they become. :)

I would beg to differ. Not following an Individual but following a cultural doctrine that sets all the geo-strategic entities and aspects well inside saudi Arabia only.

The logic is you cannot question as it is the words of god. You cannot change because it is prohibited by god.

The problem is that discussing Islam for possible refrom is no less than blasphemy itself. Very very clearly there have been made such provisions that disallow the very questioning and introspection of beliefs in Islam. All the geo-strategic aspects have been carefully drafted to shift all the geo-strategic power sources into Arabia and particularly saudi arabia.

Really? Do you really believe what your fingers just typed? Saudi Arabia? Saudi Arabia the coloniser of the assets belonging to all Muslims? One day the lands will be liberated but that's for another thread.

The cultural dynamics of medivial arabic tribes (Beards, pardah, catastraion, weekly bathing etc) have been planned to make them universally accepted and immortal by saying that is is an act of god so DOOOO NOOOT question it and blindly follow them otherwise you are not a Muslim.

Local regional contribution to Islam is a BIGGGGG ZEROOOOOOO. If tehre have been some attempts like sufism, and Ahmedism, they have been trashed and rejected and their followers are debarred from calling themselves Muslims. This is Arabian coloniasm under garb of Islam.

ISlam needs to be personal and regionally localize. as per the age old tradition so of locals.

Why do we need local contribution now? The time for localization is past. The time for globalization has been up 1432 years and 'locals' everywhere have been missing the bus.

Heck people missed the bus even when it used to be local. Gautam the Budh came but you misunderstood him. All the messengers of the great monotheism called Hinduism came and you misunderstood them. We trust it was all Islam, local Islam, and just like the global one, in want of modifications. So they were done, and local Islam was no more.

Take your examples for example. Castration? You mean circumcision? That was not in wide practice. pardah is not an Arabic word and an arab wouldn't know what you're talking about, but no Arabic women were in all sorts from topless to wearing shawls. Beards have been the unbroken universal linking all cultures and it is probably a recent Greco-Roman innovation for the majority of men to imitate women. Weekly baths, I don't know. But Islam says nothing imperative about bathing, only puts condition on when it does become imperative to have one. But yes it did recommend to bath at least once a week at that age in the desert when getting water took up a good part of a day's effort and time. Otherwise, it is even better that you bathe instead of every ablution. People in the desert didn't and still don't regularly bathe and that should have been the Arabs case. They did use a lot of perfume that much we know from history.

So where's Arab culture in it?

Before you have yourself made fun of by offering your theory of Arab colonialization to a Muslim, pease note that they might know that the time for Arabs have been past for quite some time as well, and the centre of gravity of Islam has even changed several hands since. This has nothing to do with one 'nation' conquering another (e.g. the Uthmaanii Turks the Arabs) if you're wondering, but their 'mean score' in the Divine scale. Recently Arabs seem to have won back some favour, so that the final revival might be multi-gamut for the lack of a better word. Truly global.

After reading this post, I almost fell off my couch !!

So the Quran is a book for bigots , by a bigot and full of bigotry. Is this you point ? How many in this forum agree to his views ?

Can you read the point 1 again, and show me where I meant that?

I cannot stop myself any more now.... :P

Islam does not divides it tells that such and such things will lead to hell and such and such things will lead you to heaven... it's like code of ethics for this world... and ethics are for this world not for the hereafter.. believer and non-believers are everywhere on earth.... Like hindus and nonhindus Indians and non-Indians American and not Americans... It's not a division it's the identity and you can change it easily... Good and bad will remain there for ever and this divide is forever...

Only those who follow the code of conduct of Allah will go to heaven.. and that code of conduct is quite easy... remain what you are but believe in One God and his prophet(S.A.W) why prophet ?? because he introduced Allah to you.... Any one following the code of conduct of Islam can go to heaven...

The religion never divided... Shia-Sunni fight is on historical facts it's not based on religion at all....
Slavery..... Do you know what are the rights of a slave in Islam?? No at All... In Islam if you want to have a slave you'll have to treat him like your brother, you'll have to provide him same food and clothing what you enjoy... same housing facilities what you enjoy... Even a "kaam waali" in your home does not have so many facilities... :cheers:

Wahabis and their patthey's hate Ahmedis because Ahmedis they have their local prophet, who used to talk in their same native language, he looked one like them, he was ethnically south asian etc. That compromises the monopoly of Arabia and hence extremely intolerable. They bring in the same old argument and some how they seem themselves as custodian of Islam and declare other muslims as non-muslims. Arabs funded zia and then came the blasphemy law against ahmedis.

They have all the moral rights to question prophethood of others, but when it comes to them, they have the argument that it is written so it must be true. and It is also written not to question them. If you do, you would be commiting blasphemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom