What's new

Islam's image: reformation and makeover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Islam is absolute, so talking about reforms in Islam is out of question, and no non-Muslim who do not understand Quran and what it says have any right to talk about reforming something which he/she do not know anything of. The only thing they know is the image of Islam that is being portrayed by us Muslim, and to add more to that image is Media and pure propaganda (and of course the few radicals).

Someone here pointed out a poll, in which most Pakistani agree to punishment for wrong deeds. Tell me, if you do not punish a wrong doer, won't he be doing the wrong again and again? Won't somebody else have the same idea of doing wrong and get away with it? And no a punishment of some fine and a little time in hawalat isn't going to discourage the wrong doers.

If anyone really wants reform, then the only advice I can give is to start it from your own self. Have true faith, understand Quran and Hadith for what it is meant for, have any doubts, visit and meet Alims (not the Mullahs, I hope you understand the difference).

P.S. Why does the dictionary have no "Quran" and "Hadith" words in it here? It underlines it every time, or is it just me?

Islam is absolute, so talking about reforms in Islam is out of question, and no non-Muslim who do not understand Quran and what it says have any right to talk about reforming something which he/she do not know anything of. The only thing they know is the image of Islam that is being portrayed by us Muslim, and to add more to that image is Media and pure propaganda (and of course the few radicals).

It has also been due to the actions of Muslims throughout history. Its not just image makeover that is needed.

Someone here pointed out a poll, in which most Pakistani agree to punishment for wrong deeds. Tell me, if you do not punish a wrong doer, won't he be doing the wrong again and again? Won't somebody else have the same idea of doing wrong and get away with it? And no a punishment of some fine and a little time in hawalat isn't going to discourage the wrong doers.

I pointed out when I was challenged for it. People have the right to look at such issues in the light they do.
If anyone really wants reform, then the only advice I can give is to start it from your own self. Have true faith, understand Quran and Hadith for what it is meant for, have any doubts, visit and meet Alims (not the Mullahs, I hope you understand the difference).

P.S. Why does the dictionary have no "Quran" and "Hadith" words in it here? It underlines it every time, or is it just me?

Just right click and add to your local dictionary.

You don't have to be an islam expert to know if apostolic deserves death or not. The thread was started not by a non muslim but a sane muslim guy.

It was mainly about Pakistan. Bangladesh just got clubbed along.

OK, anything else you have an issue with?

Its hard to belive all the temples in UP/northern states were destroyed.

I am a hindu Kafir and I have read both the Quran and Ahl-e-Hadith,There are somethings in them which should outrage the non-muslims. I read the religious texts without any bias but still I found some things very offending for non-muslims.

Its hard to belive all the temples in UP/northern states were destroyed.

Hard to believe but true. All major temples that is.

Even now, there are many temples that were converted to mosques. Mathura and Kashi (our holiest places) still have such mosques at the sites of our holiest temples.

An estimated 10,000 temples were destroyed and millions of people were murdered in cold blood by those invaders. Several millions of them were in what is now Bangladesh. But also in what is now Afghanistan and Pakistan.

I can provide links and details. I don't want to. Let's keep focus on the topic.

My request to mods please close this thread as it's agaist the rules of this forum to discuss religion

Hard to believe but true. All major temples that is.

Even now, there are many temples that were converted to mosques. Mathura and Kashi (our holiest places) still have such mosques at the sites of our holiest temples.

An estimated 10,000 temples were destroyed and millions of people were murdered in cold blood by those invaders. Several millions of them were in what is now Bangladesh. But also in what is now Afghanistan and Pakistan.

I can provide links and details. I don't want to. Let's keep focus on the topic.

Do read:- Hindu temples. What happened to them? by Sita Ram Goel.

WOW WHAT A BIASED BEHAVIOR OF MODS TOWARDS MUSLIMS-

A THREAD IS ALLOWED TO CONTINUE- WHERE NON- MUSLIMS WHO DONT HAVE EVEN A IOTA OF INFO ABOUT QURAN ARE GIVING US EXAMPLES ON HOW AND WHAT TO CHANGE IN QURAN- HOW TO UPDATE THE QURAN TO VERSION 2.0-
THIS OPEN DOUBLE STANDARDS OF MODS AND ADMINISTRATORS IS UNWARRANTED AND UNACCEPTABLE- THIS THREAD IS AN INSULT TO THE NEUTRALITY OF THIS FORUM

Now if i post Quranic Verses- to clear some mis understandings- some higher power will miraculously close this thread ASAP-

^^^ I would welcome another thread for reforming Hinduism. If that might make it neutral. Don't tell me you are praying and disturbing God for such petty things.

^^ you know what- i am all up for religious discussions- i started here this way-
The problem is- According to the forum rules they are not allowed- always deleted- all the hard work wasted by just one click- but then we see any anti Islamic or bashing thread is being allowed to continue upto 13 pages- I some times feels its the policy of defence.pk to let that happen purposely- i am sure some weird justification by the mods for this thread is coming soon-

@ Glorious resolve, Those who do not bend according to modern times get broken in the long run. Adaptation is key to evolution and survival.

^^ Actually I agree. Most such discussions soon become flame wars.

They are excellent if people discuss issues calmly and keep to facts. Doesn't work most of the times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom