What's new

Is IAF planing limited airstrikes inside Pakistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, US pressure on India at that time was not negligible, albeit to a less extent.

Negligible! To a less extent!

May be you can make some sense out of it in CCP.

From China’s point of view, it needs a stable South Asia.

It is China that is making the region unstable by the incessant meddling and proliferation..

Any strike by IAF will be responded in kind. In Spring of 1965 (before the war), PAF shot down a couple of IAF fighters inside Pakistani border.

I am sure the article for the cold start is still here somewhere lurking around, i'll suggest you to read it again and this time not with your eyes closed as happened previously, and maybe, just maybe you might understand the meaning of success.

Nope I had read in detail regarding cold start and had a detailed debate in this forum. You can dig it up if you want to.

Also do you have the official memo of the doctrine.

Do you have the official objectives of Parakram from GOI.

Infact cold start is a perfect followup to Parakram. India had sent the message that it would not hesitate to use disproportionate force against Pakistan. Cold start is a perfect followup in that GOP will not buy the Indian bluff of Parkram next time.

Also even from open sources available regarding the objectives. Pray tell me what we did not achieve post Parakram that we would have achieved going to war. A war which was a non starter in the first place owing to US WOT.

IPF

PS: Icecold no need to get personal. Thanks

Negligible! To a less extent!

May be you can make some sense out of it in CCP.

It is China that is making the region unstable by the incessant meddling and proliferation..

chia is not doing any thing it is indian making probleums in kasmir that why some of kashmiris attack india for its freedom.

Nope I had read in detail regarding cold start and had a detailed debate in this forum. You can dig it up if you want to.

Also do you have the official memo of the doctrine.

Do you have the official objectives of Parakram from GOI.

Infact cold start is a perfect followup to Parakram. India had sent the message that it would not hesitate to use disproportionate force against Pakistan. Cold start is a perfect followup in that GOP will not buy the Indian bluff of Parkram next time.

Also even from open sources available regarding the objectives. Pray tell me what we did not achieve post Parakram that we would have achieved going to war. A war which was a non starter in the first place owing to US WOT.

IPF

PS: Icecold no need to get personal. Thanks

No one is getting personal here, you still failed to provide an answer for my question why was cold start doctrine initiated if everything according to you went smooth and Indian military achieved its goal? you may have had a detailed discussion, so did i and i think it was vinod who followed your logic but when i asked him what does india means when it says Musharraf out smart them, it took them more time then necessary to mobilize its forces, and by the time they were fully deployed, Pakistan was ready, he accepted that it was true indeed. So how come it becomes suddenly a success which otherwise is accepted as a failure? you see it did not achieve a damn thing, If you call Musharraf speech a victory, let me tell you that Pakistan was all along saying it was not involved in this all self created scenario or should i say drama same as now, his speech was no different either, he also said that we are ready to defend the country and for India to bring it on, i think you missed that part. Even now the GOP is saying that we are ready to act if shared with intelligence (although being criticized) but they have, now will you call that a victory also?
Let me say it again, the bases for cold start was the fact that the whole strategy of the Indian armed forces to strike on the so called terrorist cells inside Pakistan while not giving Pakistan the time to retaliate in 2002 were a failure and this has been accepted not by me but your very own people, now you want to take a different meaning out of it and call it a success, by all means you are most welcome, but i surely go for what the article says and what your defense analysis t says.

As for the objectives, they were very clear to attack Pakistan, the forces there were not deployed for a show only, it is however another thing that by the time Indian army fully mobilized, Pakistan was ready, and the operation had lost its true meaning(its mentioned in the article).

An IAF attack on Pakistani targets is a fantasy - its an overt act of war - so you can shelve it for now. the GoI simply does not have the goolies to do it.

However you may see a much lower response that wont be an overt act of war, but designed to needle the pakistanis anyway.

These may include the Indian Navy doing contraband control on all fishing boats in international waters off the Pakistani coast. and aircover being flown over these ships if needed be.

The move is designed to keep the indian populace happy (we are doing something) and also needle the pakistanis.

"Blockade", "coldstart", "surgical strikes" etc are heavy words and wont happen. but contraband control - yes.

then when we use our subs if they do any advanture i think 10 sub enugh for learn them a good lessen

An IAF attack on Pakistani targets is a fantasy - its an overt act of war - so you can shelve it for now. the GoI simply does not have the goolies to do it.

However you may see a much lower response that wont be an overt act of war, but designed to needle the pakistanis anyway.

These may include the Indian Navy doing contraband control on all fishing boats in international waters off the Pakistani coast. and aircover being flown over these ships if needed be.

The move is designed to keep the indian populace happy (we are doing something) and also needle the pakistanis.

"Blockade", "coldstart", "surgical strikes" etc are heavy words and wont happen. but contraband control - yes.

Dear chindit; sir
what ever you name it" a sweet lovly blow" or any thing else!
but it would be seen as a "strike" only, & pakistan had to defend itself in any sort of situation , yes offcourse .... militrly?:agree:

the fact is if it happens in international waters - then Pakistan cannot take overt action.

Imagine this scenario - a bunch of Indian navy ships hovering about 50 miles from karachi well in international waters - boarding all ships coming and out in the name of 'contraband control' or 'terror checks' whatever. these only involve checking of cargo andnot some kind of capture or destroy or arrest.

Pak Navy cannot respond in kind without escalating or putting guards on these ships.

it will be a major inconvenience to the fisher men, small boats, trawlers etc. and will result in needling pak navy.

how will pak navy respond? at the best it can only do some grandstanding but as long as neither side fires - its a just a face to face detente.

the fact is if it happens in international waters - then Pakistan cannot take overt action.

Imagine this scenario - a bunch of Indian navy ships hovering about 50 miles from karachi well in international waters - boarding all ships coming and out in the name of 'contraband control' or 'terror checks' whatever. these only involve checking of cargo andnot some kind of capture or destroy or arrest.

Pak Navy cannot respond in kind without escalating or putting guards on these ships.

it will be a major inconvenience to the fisher men, small boats, trawlers etc. and will result in needling pak navy.

how will pak navy respond? at the best it can only do some grandstanding but as long as neither side fires - its a just a face to face detente.

chindit; sir
"how about couple of , "AGOSTA subs"hovering under the Indian navy ships about 50 miles from karachi well in international waters" :lol:

Imagine wat scenario one that will never take place or happen even through the international community plzz yaar make some sense here India is not a police man in the water :disagree::tsk::tdown:

India is not going to launch airstrikes against Pakistan, or launch a limited offensive.

There will be precautionary mobilization of troops, but then it is being reported that even Pakistan is doing the same.

Most likely, India will hand over the evidence of LeT involvement in the terror attack, and wait for action from Pakistani side.

If Pakistan does not take action against the perpetrators, then it is likely that there may be dilution of diplomatic relations and possible suspension of ceasefire and peace process.

Not sure what suspension of ceasefire does? I have read this as a possible option in the Indian press but not sure why India would want to re-start the artillery duels and all that other stuff after 5 years of calm? As condemnable as the acts of terrorism in Mumbai are, these reactionary and retrograde steps are quite illogical. I hope better sense prevails.

Military strikes are a non-option in this situation. Pakistan has nothing to gain from the murder of innocent Indians and foreigners alike and folks in India need to realize this. Any military option would have a response and I am not sure where that will take us.

Even contraband control as you state will not be an easy thing to implement with PN being part of CTF-150. What does contraband control do on the Pakistani coast? Do you think that PN would allow IN to operate in the Pakistani EEZ? That in itself is an act of war. The key focus should be policing and monitoring what is coming into India and not what is leaving from the external ports or is on the high seas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom