What's new

India: Gujarat riots records 'destroyed'

i think you're missing the big picture here....we arent denying the problems with fanaticism in Pakistan. But thank God we havent had massive genocides of our religious groups

in india -- thousands killed in just a matter of some days whether it was Gujrat, or during Bluestar, or during the genocide against Christians (in which even the Pope angrily got involved)

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

i guess these mugs werent so lucky :rofl:

Canada denied visas to Indian officials

What genocide against christians are you talking about? Just because 1-2 churches got burn by an angry mob doesnt make it a genocide. And yeah , you want to know why pakistan hasnt had massive genocides? Thats because there are hardly any minorities left in pakistan, and the few minorities that are left , like the ahmedis , they are blown up on a regular basis anyway.

What genocide against christians are you talking about? Just because 1-2 churches got burn by an angry mob doesnt make it a genocide

The persistent and vicious attacks against Christians in India are "religious genocide", says one Christian ministry leader fresh from a visit to the persecution hotspot of Orissa state.

"This has been a religious genocide according to the UN definition of genocide, where persistently and systematically it is planned and not stopped," maintains Ramesh Landge, founder and director of Cooperative Outreach of India (COI), according to Mission Network News.

"It falls in that category of genocide, and we do agree with that."

Landge, whose ministry works with US-based Partners International, has been visiting the eastern state of Orissa, where the anti-Christian campaign is most fierce, to help the displaced Christians there.

More than 50,000 Christians have been displaced by the violence, and 30,000 of them live in relief camps while others hide in the jungles.

Since mid-August, over 4,000 Christian homes, churches and businesses have been destroyed by Hindu militant mobs. The number killed in the clashes, overwhelmingly Christian, range from 40 to nearly 100 depending on the source.

"There has been a lot of intimidation. There has been a lot of persecution. People have not been able to go back [to their homes]," Landge said. "If they do go back, the Hindu fundamentalists parties want them to reconvert."

But the ministry leader readily emphasised that although Christians have been suffering they have not renounced their faith and are continuing to stand strong as followers of Jesus Christ.

"This is the very first time in Indian history that such a long onslaught against Christians has taken place, and in a sustained way," he observed. "In a way, the government was part of it. They never tried to stop it. They were just silent spectators."

Orissa attacks are 'religious genocide', says ministry leader | Christian News on Christian Today

And yeah , you want to know why pakistan hasnt had massive genocides? Thats because there are hardly any minorities left in pakistan, and the few minorities that are left , like the ahmedis , they are blown up on a regular basis anyway.

there are still minority groups in Pakistan -- minority Islamic sects, and non-Muslim groups altogether. Their patriotism and loyalty to Pakistan is unquestioned, and this has been demonstrated time and time again. Incidentally:

a.) i myself belong to one of those minority groups, and i never faced discrimination of any kind (in both military and civilian life)

b.) most of those ''blown up on a regular basis'' were mostly Sunnis if i'm not mistaken --though bombs and the brainwashed who carry them generally dont discriminate when exploded.

Minority Rights Group International : Press releases : Situation for minorities has deteriorated fastest in Pakistan and Sri Lanka in the last year - new report

Islamic Radicalism and Minorities
in Pakistan

Shall we keep the discussion on Gujarat alone ?

^^^ Sikhs as well.

Proud Indians waiting to whoop some enemy butt which may include our North-Eastern neighbour too if they decide to stand and give a fight , not just rock paint.

sikhs.jpg

aha!

so instead of condemning the crime, you are apologetic towards those who carried out the massacre?

I wonder what the fate was for the hundreds of thousands of 'hindustanis' who converted to Islam some centuries back -some whose future generations did remain in hindustan post 47 :)

It's funny that some Indians always try to justify genocide of minorities committed by the majority, by saying the minority was somehow responsible for instigating the majority.

Try to be on-topic, if you know what it means.

The 1984 Sikh massacre was quite similar to the Gujarat riots, in which thousands of minority civilians were butchered by the majority.

I'll leave it to Abu Zolfiqar though. :tup:

aha!

so instead of condemning the crime, you are apologetic towards those who carried out the massacre?

I wonder what the fate was for the hundreds of thousands of 'hindustanis' who converted to Islam some centuries back -some whose future generations did remain in hindustan post 47 :)

Keep wondering and get back to me if you get the answer :)

The 1984 Sikh massacre was quite similar to the Gujarat riots, in which thousands of minority civilians were butchered by the majority.

Thanks, because your knowledge of the events is horribly misplaced that for correcting them I dont know where to start.

It's funny that some Indians always try to justify genocide of minorities committed by the majority, by saying the minority was somehow responsible for instigating the majority.

Not funny ,just hard to digest i guess.. Its human nature to compare others with himself...Its natural that you can not imagine that in India many a times minority starts the riot..

This just proved your knowledge on the subject or, lack of it ..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom