What's new

India: Gujarat riots records 'destroyed'

Mr Modi is a controversial figure, even on this forum - about close to half the indian's reject the thought of him ever being PM.

sorry...i support Modi every second to be PM..and most of Indians do...
Any doubts???

Sensenless indians will support italian mamma and impotent mms n corrupt congress...

In today's day and age such records should be electronically hosted . I hope that access to to these files are kept in some format - if not, it is unacceptable not just for this instance but period . citizens should have rights to request all information( less national secruity )under freedom of information act. in the US we have the national archive that allows folks access to decades old information too.

the question is not to hide behind the " oh govt has had always a 5 year limit"- but to understand that going forward citizens need to have access to govt.information and records . I suspect that this information is available through court records- that don't get deleted.

If muslims in india are soooooo hurted by that incident where 1000 were killed...

wat should hindus feel where millions of them were killed very long time ago????

Why those Hindus didnt have a life??didn't they have hearts blood feelings??

My friend still happening with help of persons like Mulayam Singh Yadav pleads for SIMI and Mulayam Singh Yadav had done a deed that would make a Babur or Aurnagazeb or gaznavi proud and he would be remembered by every Hindu till the end of the world as a traitor and a butcher of Ram bakths for Muslim votes, fǖcķing bull$hit . However they had other viable option using weapon named Jihad and shade of Islam, so nobody is going to question them because this religious issue, really they kill there own people it does matter with them. Oh I forget we are kafirs, so don't like us and they had duty to fill.

sorry...i support Modi every second to be PM..and most of Indians do...
Any doubts???

Sensenless indians will support italian mamma and impotent mms n corrupt congress...

Even if you are NOT on the side of the camp that says he effectively promoted the violence by not controlling it sooner. The man was in charge when this stain in India's image took place.

A CM is like a CEO of a company( company Gujrat)- with these many people dying, millions in losses - he should have stepped down. I know- I know he has been great for the local economy - but so was Hitler . I'm not! equating his deeds to Hitler - but giving you guys an example where ' good for the economy' is not good enough to turn an eye and hold people accountable.

I dont think this UPA government is going get a chance again..even I made a mistake in voting for them last time surely not the next time...if BJP places Modi as a PM candidate i have no doubt he will boost the support base of BJP...there are lot of backdoor things going on already Modi visited Jayalalitha slowly but surely BJP is doing homework a lot than UPA...wish Modi becomes PM then lets see who denies him Visas if at all any one dare let them deny him...

Even if you are NOT on the side of the camp that says he effectively promoted the violence by not controlling it sooner. The man was in charge when this stain in India's image took place.

A CM is like a CEO of a company( company Gujrat)- with these many people dying, millions in losses - he should have stepped down. I know- I know he has been great for the local economy - but so was Hitler . I'm not! equating his deeds to Hitler - but giving you guys an example where ' good for the economy' is not good enough to turn an eye and hold people accountable.

There's a legal term used in contracts called 'Force Majeure' or 'Act of God'. It contains situations in which extrodinary conditions shall prevail which prevent either of the parties from discharging their duties. Some of these situations include Floods, Earthquakes, Riots, Famines, etc etc. We do not blame our leaders for these situations. Rather, we evaluate their response in handling these situations. So do you think that the riot could have been curbed sooner than 3 days? Do you think relief has been provided to the affected parties? Those questions are quite subjective and open to interpretation...

In today's day and age such records should be electronically hosted . I hope that access to to these files are kept in some format - if not, it is unacceptable not just for this instance but period . citizens should have rights to request all information( less national secruity )under freedom of information act. in the US we have the national archive that allows folks access to decades old information too.

the question is not to hide behind the " oh govt has had always a 5 year limit"- but to understand that going forward citizens need to have access to govt.information and records . I suspect that this information is available through court records- that don't get deleted.

Welcome to India !

i think these are not so importent records , just daily entery dairies of the police stations ...

Everything said and done there are basic facts that need to be considered = Gujarat was one of the most affected states by brutal Islamic invasions (none has forgot Somnath Mandir) and as such the polarization was always there which periodically translated into riots for centuries. In such a place if a Muslim mob burns down 60 Hindu and that too pilgrims, most of them being women and children , God himself would not have been able to stop a violent backlash.

Consider like this - in the '60s US if a group of Blacks burnt and killed 60 whites in a ghetto what would have the whites done in the places they were in a majority ?

For Modi's credit he stopped the riots with a iron hand shooting down as much as 100 Hindu rioters in direct shoot at sight orders.

So others who are cribbing about Modi must just STFU and realize that the riots would have happened with/without Modi .

i think these are not so importent records , just daily entery dairies of the police stations ...

Yes.

Yestersday night in the Newshour debate BJP Spokesperson Mrs.Nirmala Seetharaman literally owned Arnab Goswami and another "secular" torchbearer through plain facts. All that AG could do was mumble something inaudible and when the owning thing got out of hand said it was time to wrap it up.:lol:

There's a legal term used in contracts called 'Force Majeure' or 'Act of God'. It contains situations in which extrodinary conditions shall prevail which prevent either of the parties from discharging their duties. Some of these situations include Floods, Earthquakes, Riots, Famines, etc etc. We do not blame our leaders for these situations. Rather, we evaluate their response in handling these situations. So do you think that the riot could have been curbed sooner than 3 days? Do you think relief has been provided to the affected parties? Those questions are quite subjective and open to interpretation...

So now Modi is a God, it keeps getting better !!!

So now Modi is a God, it keeps getting better !!!

Act of God, or more appropriately the Devil was the burning of 60 Hindu pilgrims, mostly women and children by a Muslim mob in Godhra station.

But I guess your tunnel mind wont see it.

yeah of course they were.....

"standard practice"........right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom