What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Above discussion become quiet hot....:)

My point of view about DRDO is ,it should involve private sector in future defence projects not only in manufacturing but also in the development.It will decrease the time line of the product.

And yes both DRDO and ISRO ,we can say,are government organization.

But ISRO invovle only in space technology which include launch vehicle and satellite of different types(IRS and GSAT).

And DRDO and its subsidiaries involve in series of technology from UAV,Tank,Infantry vehicle,LCA,LCH,ALH,Pinake,etc,etc.list is very long.

So,it is not wise thing to compare ISRO and DRDO.:smitten:

LCA there are a lot of companies whihc are working with DRDO, there is nothing like there is no participation at all:

Hint: check L&T participation in nuclear submarine. Check L&T infotech and TCS in MMR software development

Nitesh i am not saying that there is no private participation at all.

Apart from L&T and TCS there are mahindra and godrej are also interested in defence industries.

Institutes lika IISc,IITs,etc should also be included into the research.

Don't hop around check your previous post and check the reply first prove what ever you have said then we will move to next point.

You either seem to have a comprehension problem or are as adept in fudging the issue as many fanboys are. I said identify a list of developments from drdo that the armed forces are fully confident about. Then we can discuss what great stuff drdo implemented with the resources the GoI poured into it all these years.

You either seem to have a comprehension problem or are as adept in fudging the issue as many fanboys are. I said identify a list of developments from drdo that the armed forces are fully confident about. Then we can discuss what great stuff drdo implemented with the resources the GoI poured into it all these years.

No you have comprehension problem. First go to post 985 posted by you check the reply PROVE whatever you have said and then move to other points.

Nitesh i am not saying that there is no private participation at all.

Apart from L&T and TCS there are mahindra and godrej are also interested in defence industries.

Institutes lika IISc,IITs,etc should also be included into the research.

Then check the range increase coating developed by IISc guys. Check the RCS reduction paint developed by Gujrat guys (sorry I can't recollect the college name but the info is posted in this forum). Regarding IIT: There is a significant contribution in CLAW of LCA from the students.

Nitesh what proof proof are you asking man, you are surely dumb -I am putting proof infront of you...LCA IS living proof that's why its not flying for IAF, missile are falling apart how many do we have in service????? and kaveri is failure you just have be dumb to even question that. KAVERI IS A PROOF
LCA IS A PROOF
NAG AND ALL THOSE FALLING MISSILE ARE PROOF
COMPARE ISRO TO DRDO YOU will realise how pathetic drdo is!!!!!

Nitesh what proof proof are you asking man, you are surely dumb -I am putting proof infront of you...LCA IS living proof that's why its not flying for IAF, missile are falling apart how many do we have in service????? and kaveri is failure you just have be dumb to even question that. KAVERI IS A PROOF
LCA IS A PROOF
NAG AND ALL THOSE FALLING MISSILE ARE PROOF
COMPARE ISRO TO DRDO YOU will realise how pathetic drdo is!!!!!

You are idiot of nth degree or what No comparison between ISRO and DRDO both function in different domain. Any sane person will recognize that but not the idiots of course.

LCA is in test pahse, IAF has placed the order for 40 nos. in current configuration are you sleeping Not reading the thread Check post no. 968

Stop running with the rhetoric about kaveri check the LINKS posted in post no 967 and 970.

Which missile is falling? You have serious problem in mind (if at all it is there) or what. NAG developmental trails are COMPLETE in Aug08. User trails are successful in Dec08. LINKS are already posted in forum.

There is NO FAILURE or whatever rhetoric you are running around with.

I am still Waiting for your FACTS.

IDIOT , you are idiot you obnoxious weed. watch how you been responding just tells me how pathetic byproduct of DRDO you are. Every body knows how pathetic our goverment emploeyes are and you are nothign but just one of them. No need to elaborate on that go out of your room and ask the first person - WHat he think about your hard working goverment emploeyes. And how happy he is with Indian defense that will open your slacking eyes.
where as for your missile
Prithvi: To date the only reliable delivery system inducted is the Pirthvi missile with a range of 300 kilometres. The subsequent versions of this missile are still undergoing tests. The pride of India the Agni missile tested last time landed 200 kilometres off target.

Prithvi: Failure: To date the only reliable delivery system inducted is the Pirthvimissile with a range of 300 kilometres. The subsequent versions of this missile are still undergoing tests. The pride of India the Agni missile tested last time landed 200 kilometres off target.

Akash: After several years of testing has been shelved for reasons best known to the Indians.

Akash: Failure: After several years of testing has been shelved for reasons best known to the Indians. Akashwas meant as a substitute for Pechora. On the Akash missile, which was the subject of the DRDO media conference here on Tuesday, former air chief S. P. Tyagi said:“Akash was to be ready at a certain time, but it wasn’t. I had to change everything to make up for the delay.” Bothmissiles were part of a programme to develop indigenous weapons, which began in July 1983, with plans for Agni, Prithvi, Trishul, Akash and Nag missiles.

Trishul: Trishul is being replaced by Israeli and Russian systems.

Trishul: Failure: Trishul is being replaced by Israeli Barak and Russian systems.

The IAF, for instance, has aging Pechora, Igla-1M and OSA-AK missile systems, and that, too, in woefully inadequate numbers.

While Trishul was to replace its OSA-AK weapons system, Akashwas meant as a substitute for Pechora.

But both the Trishul and Akash air defence missile systems, which are part of the original Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme launched as far back as 1983, have been dogged by development snags in their “command guidance and integrated Ramjet rocket propulsion” systems.

Trishul, for instance, has been tested over 80 times so far without coming anywhere near becoming operational. It was, in fact, virtually given up for dead in 2003 after around Rs 300 crore was spent on it, before being revived yet again.

Trishul’s repeated failure, in fact, forced the Navy to go in for nine Israeli Barak anti-missile defence systems for its frontline warships, along with 200 Barak missiles, at a cost of Rs 1,510 crore during the 1999 Kargil conflict. The Navy is now inducting even more Barak systems due to Trishul’s continued failure.

Speaking of the Trishul surface-to-air missile that has now been termed a technology demonstrator, former naval chief Sushil Kumar said:“It was a national embarrassment. DRDO made fake claims for 25 years. In the 1999 Kargil conflict, the navy was vulnerable to attacks from Pakistan’s Harpoon.

NAG : not even worth talking

LCA : your claim of 40 brillient aircraft - how mauch have we spent on this project to get these 40 undesired (IAF ) aircraft. everybody knows how IAF dont want these paper fighters.
kaveri : go to BANGLORE and then aero 2009 and then kaveri stall ask them how proud they are of this Kaveri i bet my honda engine runs better with its 3000cc than this kaveri.

DRDO has a budget of Rs45 billion, now that figure is extremely high for a poor country like India, with a low rank of 127 among 175 countries of the world, in the United Nations Human Development Index.yet they deliver so little with those cheap brain you get in india. You can find a good engineer working for less than 200$ a month!!!! And this is safe haven for them as they just get there and slack. just like LOCAL POLICE. LCA is yet to prove its worth. only thing we got out of it is ---the experience and if these buggerswont be able to deliver MCA - that too will be a lost battle!

IDIOT , you are idiot you obnoxious weed. watch how you been responding just tells me how pathetic byproduct of DRDO you are. Every body knows how pathetic our goverment emploeyes are and you are nothign but just one of them. No need to elaborate on that go out of your room and ask the first person - WHat he think about your hard working goverment emploeyes. And how happy he is with Indian defense that will open your slacking eyes.
You have proved that you are sore loser and will remain so in your remaining life time. You are still not able to garner any FACTS about DRDO. And you are continuing with baseless RANTS.

Prithvi: To date the only reliable delivery system inducted is the Pirthvi missile with a range of 300 kilometres. The subsequent versions of this missile are still undergoing tests. The pride of India the Agni missile tested last time landed 200 kilometres off target.
Totally false statement. Agni III last test was successful this was the third test of the missile.

Akash: After several years of testing has been shelved for reasons best known to the Indians.

Akash: Failure: After several years of testing has been shelved for reasons best known to the Indians. Akashwas meant as a substitute for Pechora. On the Akash missile, which was the subject of the DRDO media conference here on Tuesday, former air chief S. P. Tyagi said:“Akash was to be ready at a certain time, but it wasn’t. I had to change everything to make up for the delay.” Bothmissiles were part of a programme to develop indigenous weapons, which began in July 1983, with plans for Agni, Prithvi, Trishul, Akash and Nag missiles.
Completely baseless statement: 2 squadrons are ordered by IAF.

Trishul: Trishul is being replaced by Israeli and Russian systems.

Trishul: Failure: Trishul is being replaced by Israeli Barak and Russian systems.
It is already closed and declared a TD.

NAG : not even worth talking
It has already been ordered by IA. 443 missiles with 13 Namica launchers.

LCA : your claim of 40 brillient aircraft - how mauch have we spent on this project to get these 40 undesired (IAF ) aircraft. everybody knows how IAF dont want these paper fighters.
IAF does not want LCA. Wow then why they ordered?

kaveri : go to BANGLORE and then aero 2009 and then kaveri stall ask them how proud they are of this Kaveri i bet my honda engine runs better with its 3000cc than this kaveri.

Again going in wrong direction. I have posted the link which clearly mentions the engine is working. Of course until you can prove otherwise.

Well the BOLD part so you have tested both the engines! that's truely amazing. You are perfect candidate for king of lala land.

Nitesh apologies for being disrespectful,I did'nt mean to but things got messed up.

Nitesh apologies for being disrespectful,I did'nt mean to but things got messed up.

I am also sorry me also lost control over myself.

Mate one thing we should understand and see the whole picture before commenting especially about some organization. You straightaway can't shoot a statement and get away with it. DRDO has done excellent service to the country. And this is a fact. Let's get over it.

Nitesh , i have a friend like my family been together for20 years of my life out of 26 yrs since i was born.His father working for DRDO, he actually made us inclined toward aviation and since then its been my hobby we created some of the coolest robotic air craft etc.But one question which i kept repeating is why LCA is not in skies, i Remember when i first touched LCA in feb 2001.and i was sure i will see it in iaf by no time thats what most people working their arse off for LCA told me.But i can promise you brother there are so many slacker who just don't work by what direction they been given. THAT'S why we see these failures. And thanx to iaf WHO are never open and clear about their demands.But here what i said was more of frustration yes they been working but there are too many failures which shouldn't be there. May there be more professionalism and surely we see better result than what been getting.

Again going in wrong direction. I have posted the link which clearly mentions the engine is working. Of course until you can prove otherwise.

Well the BOLD part so you have tested both the engines! that's truely amazing. You are perfect candidate for king of lala land.

link link link, prove prove ... A successful engine that miserably fails on air/ high altitude tests in russia. What is it good for runnig boats? Well it has a chance to land up running boats now, but might be another failure.

Don't read links. Ask GTRE guys personally. The will tell you whatr a failure it was. DRDO needs to be critically observed for its performance and layoff all those useless resource .

You know what, we don't need people like you really to Talibanize the defence industry. We need serious private perticipation and not on small little things.

You are a real ignorant and arrogant person. India will build nothing untill ages if we have people thinking in your direction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom