What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maiden flight of India's supersonic trainer in two months :: SamayLive

Maiden flight of India's supersonic trainer in two months

Published: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 at 14:53 IST

Bangalore, Feb 13 : India would fly its indigenously built supersonic light combat aircraft trainer --Tejas -- in two months for the first time, a senior defence official said here today.

It would be a general purpose dedicated trainer aircraft, Scientific Advisor to Defence Minister and Chief of Defence Research and Development Organisation, M Natarajan, told reporters.

This trainer is going to be "far, far superior to Hawk in five-six years," he claimed.

Hawk is the country's present advanced jet trainer aircraft.

Asked about the long-range Agni missile, he said "efforts are on".

DRDO is working towards capitalising on the work done in the first and second stages and trying to intelligently repackage both stages by reducing the inter-stage distance and gain that much space for pushing a third motor. These are not simple tasks, he said.

"I am very confident that sometime before December 2010, we should be able to demonstrate something," he said.

Excellent BS care to prove the bold part.

You have habit of shooting statements not backing it off with proofs. So this time do that,
nitesh you are just blinded by the drdo. i think you are part of that useless body there. I can tell you , just like any of the other government funded organisaed body DRDO IS 90% BS and you are by product of it. ITS MY MONEY WHICH IS GOING IN YOUR POCKET, and they are making product which are of no use and you asking me how drdo is a failure,
WELL ,
lca , kaveri . ARJUN, OBSOLETE PRITVI , AGNI3, akash where ever that is , NAG missile
so NITESH STOP GIVIGN ME YOUR B.S, and don't ever talk like that you useless money eater government employee. India will be better off without DRDO.

nitesh you are just blinded by the drdo. i think you are part of that useless body there. I can tell you , just like any of the other government funded organisaed body DRDO IS 90% BS and you are by product of it. ITS MY MONEY WHICH IS GOING IN YOUR POCKET, and they are making product which are of no use and you asking me how drdo is a failure,
WELL ,
lca , kaveri . ARJUN, OBSOLETE PRITVI , AGNI3, akash where ever that is , NAG missile
so NITESH STOP GIVIGN ME YOUR B.S, and don't ever talk like that you useless money eater government employee. India will be better off without DRDO.

Rant of the nth degree, and oh yeah you are the only expert remaining here who knows everything. I said that you back up your post with FACTS not with another speculative rant. What is wrong with whatever you have mentioned put it forward let's see how much correct you are with your observation.

Waiting..............

Amazing rant by Mr D there - for once please Sir , back up what you are saying with concrete facts.

Prithvi was our 1st ballistic missile and very much proven but takes preparation to launch because it is liquid propelled but Agni 1 and Agni 2 are being inducted as I type and Agni 3 testing is going on with Agni 3 ICBM variant next year.

Arjun is set to go up in compettitive trials against the T-90 in the summer , let the results of those come out before you start mouthing off again.

LCA is fast moving towards IOC , yes there have been delays and problems and sanction but we were trying to skip 2 + generations here , wait till it is out , LSP 3 and weapons testing is due in 1 or 2 months.

IS there anything more I can help you with or will you be kind enough to post some proper backed up stuff over here , don't ruin the sanctity of a defence forum - whether Indian or Pakistani , it still grows on educated and reasoned conversation.

WELL ,

dude i think you better take a look at the signature of your profile .....

Sir.
I am a tax payer, And i bet i pay much more tax than any of you here.So i want my money to go in right hand and i want the result out of it. They are doing alright but this i and many more like me are not satisfied with result. Not just that we want more but we deserve more as well with second highest population of such brilliant brain.
Where as for proving all that--- lca - Iaf is too sceptic about having it
kaveri is not done and i dont see it happening as well.
missile technology - how many are installed in defense ????
brahmos- i am proud to have it in my defense But there i think drdo did much less than Russian counterparts.
Accept the facts dont live in denails!!!! if u keep denying the facts you will just become negative like you are.

Sir.
I am a tax payer, And i bet i pay much more tax than any of you here.So i want my money to go in right hand and i want the result out of it. They are doing alright but this i and many more like me are not satisfied with result. Not just that we want more but we deserve more as well with second highest population of such brilliant brain.
Where as for proving all that--- lca - Iaf is too sceptic about having it
kaveri is not done and i dont see it happening as well.
missile technology - how many are installed in defense ????
brahmos- i am proud to have it in my defense But there i think drdo did much less than Russian counterparts.
Accept the facts dont live in denails!!!! if u keep denying the facts you will just become negative like you are.

Why you are not ready to put the FACT for all to see. And continuing with rants. STILL not posted any link to prove what ever you are saying is correct.

Or basically you don't have any FACT at all. Come out of denial form your rants and post the FACTS.

Still waiting...........

I have to agree with DHM here. You are doing a disservice to the nation if you dont see the reality that DRDO basically has been a dud organization. I worked in ISRO and had many friends in DRDO and the difference in the work atmosphere between them is like day and night. This is anecdotal and I cannot give you proof of some public article :-) The work culture there is just not there atleast in Hyderabad where it has a huge base. It is better to make private sector a bigger part of every development project and keep DRDO as kind of a coordination agency. Whatever little development it has achieved should be shared with the joint venture teams with private companies.

I have to agree with DHM here. You are doing a disservice to the nation if you dont see the reality that DRDO basically has been a dud organization. I worked in ISRO and had many friends in DRDO and the difference in the work atmosphere between them is like day and night. This is anecdotal and I cannot give you proof of some public article :-) The work culture there is just not there atleast in Hyderabad where it has a huge base. It is better to make private sector a bigger part of every development project and keep DRDO as kind of a coordination agency. Whatever little development it has achieved should be shared with the joint venture teams with private companies.

Again if you can't prove whatever you are talking then you are simply BSing that's it. You say you have worked in ISRO then you must know that DRDO is a defense organization and ISRO is a civil organizattion both are DIFFERENT work in different areas. So no comparsion. I am kinda surprised to see such a statement.

Care to explain and PROVE the bold part.

Whats the point differentiating between a civilian and defence organization? You meant to say a defence concern can take it easy just because too many people wear blinders when looking at its productivity? For the resources put in Drdo over the past few decades it has delivered little. Please let us know how many products of drdo that the armed forces feel 100% confident about using.

Whats the point differentiating between a civilian and defence organization? You meant to say a defence concern can take it easy just because too many people wear blinders when looking at its productivity? For the resources put in Drdo over the past few decades it has delivered little. Please let us know how many products of drdo that the armed forces feel 100% confident about using.

completely agree. Bring Privates now!!. I have seen enough DRDO people squandering tax payers money . Majority won't agree coz of the attitude they have developed for still getting paid even if under performance.

No one is against DRDO. We need them to deliver. If they cant, please welcome Privates who can. Or atleast give them a chance.

Why you are not ready to put the FACT for all to see. And continuing with rants. STILL not posted any link to prove what ever you are saying is correct.

Or basically you don't have any FACT at all. Come out of denial form your rants and post the FACTS.

Still waiting...........

Why are you singing the song of "bring facts". What he is saying is nothing wrong.

Don't hop around check your previous post and check the reply first prove what ever you have said then we will move to next point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom