What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
link link link, prove prove ... A successful engine that miserable fails on air/ high altitude tests in russia. What is it good for runnig boats? Well it has a chance to land up running boats now, but might be another failure.
I posted presentation from AI 09 where it has clearly mentions about a working engine. So you are still RANTING.

Don't read links. Ask GTRE guys personally. The will tell you whatr a failure it was. DRDO needs to be critically observed for its performance and layoff all those useless resource .
Why ask personally? What sort of point is this. There is no value of any private conversation in a public forum. You have to prove that money is wasted or else you are RANTING.

You know what, we don't need people like you really to Talibanize the defence industry. We need serious private perticipation and not on small little things.
You know we don't need people like you who start giving conclusions without any logic. There is private participation already.

You are a real ignorant and arrogant person. India will build nothing untill ages if we have people thinking in your direction.

Thank you you have proved that you are not able to PROVE yourself so you are running around.

Nitesh , i have a friend like my family been together for20 years of my life out of 26 yrs since i was born.His father working for DRDO, he actually made us inclined toward aviation and since then its been my hobby we created some of the coolest robotic air craft etc.But one question which i kept repeating is why LCA is not in skies, i Remember when i first touched LCA in feb 2001.and i was sure i will see it in iaf by no time thats what most people working their arse off for LCA told me.But i can promise you brother there are so many slacker who just don't work by what direction they been given. THAT'S why we see these failures. And thanx to iaf WHO are never open and clear about their demands.But here what i said was more of frustration yes they been working but there are too many failures which shouldn't be there. May there be more professionalism and surely we see better result than what been getting.

I think you should read the book "The tejas Story" from Air marshal Rajkumar it will clear lot of doubts about project. There is nothing like perfection. The project has seen may lows and came out of it. IAF has placed the order for 40 in current configuration. Things are moving in right direction.

Similarly DRDO needs some changes in there working but it is not like that you start saying failure and all. And DRDO is moving in right direction. It is good to see that your friend's father worked in DRDO. Hats off to him because of people like him we are seeing lot of technologies getting indigenous. Getting the technologies indigenous is a continuous process.

One thing you have to learn as a professional as never disrespect any professional organization. That's all i can say.

Kaveri engine is working going for test in march.

If test are successfull, then it will be fixed with Tejas.

Problem with kaveri enigne is, it is not producing enough thrust according to IAF.

Sir lca they been saying this for some time now,They said its almost in less than last 5-3% of required thrust. But i hope IAF wont change their requirement again. Like earlier

correct , Kaveri is going to be working after Snecma got in recently. They should have got them early and atleast should have made an working engine. Inhouse development could still have continued.eg. If HAL would not have brought in the french to collaborate in the Shakti helicopter engine, DHRUV might now have been flying with a foreign engine.

GTRE has developed nine prototypes of the Kaveri engine but appear to have reached a dead-end after last high-altitude tests, conducted at Russian facilities, failed once again in 2008 . Previous one was in 2004.
The DRDO floated international tenders in 2005 for co-development and received a response from four companies, Pratt and Whitney, GE, Snecma and NPO Saturn for its Request for Proposals (RFP). The RFP was modified and re-floated in 2006 to include co-production along with co-development.

now Kaveri would be a nine-tonne capacity engine with a low thrust-to- weight ratio. Snecma will transfer full know-how and the engines would be developed and produced by HAL in India.Its going to be a joint Indo-French engine with shared expertise with gradual transfer of full know-how.

The DRDO chief, M. Natarajan has earlier said that the Kaveri had achieved 95 per cent capability and it was the last 5 per cent that it had failed to negotiate. Critically, it was this last 5 per cent that constituted the 'slam effect' of any jet fighter engine.Natarajan has attributed a number of reasons to this failure, which are mainly historical in nature. India has much to catch up on, not just in areas of engine technology but also in related areas such as metallurgy, which are critical for the development of any engine of such sophistication.

Sir lca they been saying this for some time now,They said its almost in less than last 5-3% of required thrust. But i hope IAF wont change their requirement again. Like earlier

Let's take the correct perspective jet engine development is a complex thing not many countries possess it. They started from scratch and almost got there. When I say scratch then I mean from material technology to machines tools design and every other aspect of the engine. Check the interview in explains the things in perspective: In aircraft engine development, you cannot set a timeline - Technology - livemint.com

Jet engine devlopment is very complex thing.

There are many tech. like metallurgy,ceramics, etc, which we people don't even know.

And also developing a engine need lot of infrastructure , even GTRE don't have any testing facilities for engine .

They have to go to russia for testing which also delay the proceeding.

AERO INDIA: Eurojet offering thrust-vectoring EJ200 for LCA

Eurojet is to propose a thrust-vectoring version of the Eurofighter Typhoon's EJ200 powerplant to meet India's requirement for up to 150 engines to equip the first squadrons of its indigenously developed Tejas light combat aircraft (LCA).

The Aeronautical Development Agency - which is leading development of the Tejas - is expected to issue a request for proposals in the next few weeks, pitching the EJ200 against General Electric's F414.

The Eurojet partner companies have been working on thrust vectoring nozzle technology for several years, lead by Spanish manufacturer ITP, which validated the concept during a series of bench tests. Eurofighter majority stakeholder EADS is equipping a cockpit simulator at its Manching facility to demonstrate the potential performance enhancements.

Thrust vectoring nozzle technology is being offered to the Eurofighter customer nations on the basis that it could significantly lower lifecycle costs by reducing fuel burn by "3-4% on an average mission" and extending the life of hot section parts, says Eurojet technical director Matt Price.

This is achieved by optimising nozzle shape throughout the flight envelope, and by eliminating the need for drag-inducing control surface deflections to trim the aircraft, particularly at supersonic speeds, where the aerodynamic centre moves aft, causing the nose to pitch down.

In addition, the technology can enhance agility, which could be of particular benefit to the Tejas as it is a delta-winged design that lacks canards.

The latest iteration of the Typhoon's flight-control system software has been designed to incorporate thrust-vectoring, and flight tests of the ITP thrust vectoring nozzle could begin within the next two years.

The flight-control system can be configured to use the thrust vectoring nozzle as an additional "control surface", boosting damage tolerance and reducing the risk of loss-of-control at low speeds, says Wolfgang Sterr, Eurojet engineering director EJ200/LCA. Furthermore, take-off distance for an aircraft such as the LCA could be reduced by around 20%, even in "hot and high" conditions, he adds.

Eurojet envisages a two-phase thrust vectoring nozzle flight-test programme, firstly using a twin-engine aircraft equipped with a single non-FCS-integrated thrust vectoring nozzle, followed by trials of the fully integrated system on both powerplants.

Kaveri is going to be working after Snecma got in recently
Snecma was hired as consultants by india for development of Kaveri for long time in the begining in the middle and now again RECENTLY.

Eurofighter Typhoon's EJ200 powerplant to meet India's requirement for up to 150 engines to equip the first squadrons of its indigenously developed Tejas light combat aircraft (LCA).
Now this is as funny as it can get all LCA is being developed by foreign companies but it is still indigenously developed?
This clearly shows the level of brain wash of indian public..

Snecma was hired as consultants by india for development of Kaveri for long time in the begining in the middle and now again RECENTLY...

So? Now snecma is not a consultant. it is in a partnersip. It will provide the core to Kaveri replacing its kavini core. Joint development and profit sharing business for future.

Now this is as funny as it can get all LCA is being developed by foreign companies but it is still indigenously developed?

Can you name a few foreign companies that have developed the LCA airframe or the going to be fitter MMR or anything else that you may be aware of?

link link link , prove , prove , prove...... like nitesh keep insisting.

So? Now snecma is not a consultant. it is in a partnersip. It will provide the core to Kaveri replacing its kavini core. Joint development and profit sharing business for future.

Can you name a few foreign companies that have developed the LCA airframe or the going to be fitter MMR or anything else that you may be aware of?

Well how about the "consultation" with Dassault in 1987?

Snecma was hired as consultants by india for development of Kaveri for long time in the begining in the middle and now again RECENTLY.
So what is the point here? They were consultants. Consultanats are hired for giving there expert advice to some organization which does not have any expertise in the particular field in which it starting to work. Sorry I am not aware of there involvement in kaveri development project. But yes they were involved in some consultancy related to LCA till 1987.

How do you know that other companies are invovled? Because the news is given to general public right? Or they come and tell you privately and then you come here and tell us. Your statement is baseless buddy. It is clearly shown where they are helping out. So there is no brainwashing done.

Last edited:
If you have any issue with me directly point to me or else keep your mouth shut. Hope I am clear here. If you can't back up you spectacular RANTS. Then better you keep yourself out from discussion.

Well how about the "consultation" with Dassault in 1987?

Key boss, I am using the source from the book The LCA story from Air Marshal Rajkumar. According to that Dassault was supposed to be partner for FCS system development with 3 digital and 1 analog channel but they chose to have four digital channel and decided to make it alone with consultancy from test pilots of US testing the behaviour :). Dassault walked out of the deal due to this decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom