What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Oh right..... those links prove sancho's claim Japan stealth fighter "was tested in French facilities to test it's low RCS"

Sort of like how Indians claim their new indigenous weapon is about to be deployed when it's still fantasy in the minds of corrupt and incompetent Indian "defense scientists."

Dear gawd! This sham of thing is still alive and kicking?

:rofl: Than there is not a single Chinese indigenous project. All of them have more or less Russian or western systems.

Yet it functions unlike our own "indigenous" weapons...When would we get rid of shams like DRDO and allow private companies to take over. So much money wasted and we still keep pandering to these .

Sources please.... Japan has no stealth fighter.... :what:

...They include a presentation slide confirming that France has been supporting the Japanese stealth program: between September and November 2005, the model was tested in the French government's radar cross-section (RCS) range...

Ares: A Defense Technology Blog: Mitsubishi Stealth

Mitsubishi ATD-X Shinshin (Japan), Aircraft - Fixed-wing - Military

Type
Multirole fighter.

Programme
Originally a research programme (Advanced Technology Demonstrator Experimental) on behalf of Technical Research and Development Institute (TRDI) for potential future stealth fighter; official launch announced July 2007. Few details yet released, but full-scale radar cross-section (RCS) model of earlier configuration was tested in French government's CELAR RCS facility at Bruz between September and November 2005; later photo of putative twin-jet configuration shows design broadly similar in shape to US F-22 Raptor but dimensionally closer to Saab Gripen. Full-size mockup shown by Japanese MoD at Japan Aerospace show, Yokohama, in October 2008, confirming that ATD-X still based on 2005 RCS test model, with (according to TRDI officials) 'only a few' changes. Radio-controlled subscale test model reportedly flown during FY06. Radar reflectivity tests continuing at TRDI in late 2009.Although begun purely as a technology demonstration programme, Lockheed Martin refusal to export F-22A has refocused efforts towards developing ATD-X into a production type for JASDF. Two prototypes planned, with target date of 2013 for maiden flight. These to be powered by foreign engines within wide-ranging thrust class of 44.5 to 89 kN (10,000 to 20,000 lb), for which requests for information issued in 2010. Meanwhile, IHI tasked with developing domestic XF5-1 turbofan for production version.

http://articles..com/articles/-All-the-Worlds-Aircraft/Mitsubishi-ATD-X-Shinshin-Japan.html

Why try so hard?

You can wake up a sleeping guy but you cant wake up a guy acting like he is asleep.

Possible, but at least I did my part and nobody can say I claim baseless things, the rest is up to him.

Possible, but at least I did my part and nobody can say I claim baseless things, the rest is up to him.

everyone knows about you.. and you dont have to prove anything to those who dont spend enough time on the internet to find few answers

Today I saw few LCA (may be 4 or 5) inside a building. I just had a glimps so I couldn't see it was old one or new one...

Can any one tell me if they were LSP 8 to 16 or TDs...

Today I saw few LCA (may be 4 or 5) inside a building. I just had a glimps so I couldn't see it was old one or new one...

Can any one tell me if they were LSP 8 to 16 or TDs...

There are only 8 LSPs....then Series Production is supposed to start.

LCA-Tejas has completed 1636 Test Flights successfully. 21-Apr-2011).
(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-205,PV3-273,LSP1-67,LSP2-174,PV5-36,LSP3-42,LSP4-37,LSP5-22)

I have a few questions about the LCA's bvr missile
Many sources seem to agree that r77 would be on the tejas but there has been no word from HAL that integration of this missile is taking place, only that the astra and derby have been chosen as the bvr missiles for tejas. does that mean that the r77 is out?? if so then why? it seems on paper to be better than the derby and as we have already integrated the r73 on tejas wouldnt it be easier to integrate another russian missile instead of the israeli one?
And can anyone please confirm the range of the r77....most sources claim 80-90km but i have seen claims as low as 40km to as high as 160km

can anyone please confirm the range of the r77....most sources claim 80-90km but i have seen claims as low as 40km to as high as 160km

No one can confirm what is the real range..Range differs with altitude..It is lowest at sea level while at higher altitude it will have greater range..

I have a few questions about the LCA's bvr missile
Many sources seem to agree that r77 would be on the tejas but there has been no word from HAL that integration of this missile is taking place, only that the astra and derby have been chosen as the bvr missiles for tejas. does that mean that the r77 is out?? if so then why? it seems on paper to be better than the derby and as we have already integrated the r73 on tejas wouldnt it be easier to integrate another russian missile instead of the israeli one?
And can anyone please confirm the range of the r77....most sources claim 80-90km but i have seen claims as low as 40km to as high as 160km

Well the Russianss havent given the source codes for integration. We use the RVV-AE with range of 110+ km

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom