What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did not seen a Gripen with a jamming pod so far and AFAIK the only fighters in Europe with capable jamming and SEAD avionics are Tornados. When LCA carries 3 fuel tanks, where should it carry the jamiming pod, or are we talking about different things?

3 fuel tanks one in center line and other 2 in inner wings.. which leaves space in the center line where it carries the External Pod of Israel

lcaweapup8.jpg

there are other hardpoints configured for 800kg .. enough for other external EW and jamming pods...

Tejas without the centerline load out...

LCA_pre_flight.jpg

And there is one quiz posted by broad sword .. where he stated one of the LSP's is configured for Electronic attack role..

A part that this is for helicopters, we have to differ between self protection pods, or systems like IAF used in the past for their fighters, which today are integrated in the fighter itself, or at least in ECM pods (on the wingtips, or tailfin) and dedicated jaming pods for electronic attack. The latter is what the Elta pod which the P. Sengupta article was talking about, or like those pods of the Growler, or Flanker versions I mentioned.

If a jamming pod is configured.... is it mandatory to be in wingtips and centerline always??... A small crafts like LCA will do the role of EW and jamming only with out any load outs..

3 fuel tanks one in center line and other 2 in inner wings.. which leaves space in the center line where it carries the External Pod of Israel

You mean on the pod station, but that is limited to 200Kgs only and meant for smaller targeting, or reece pods, not heavy dedicated EW pods, that's why they have to be carried on on the centerline station. The wingtip, or tailfin pods only inclued self protection jammers and ESM/ECM techs, not dedicated electronic attack techs, these are integrated in the bigger centerline pods, that you can see at the Growler, the Flankers, or the Elta Jaming pod.
As I said, if you have no other fighter in your fleet, you can do it with LCA, but for IAF it's not neccesary with MMRCAs and Flankers. They have to go for dedicated EW aircrafts, that will be deployed in the first stages of a war and you don't send you least capable fighter for such important roles right?

You mean on the pod station, but that is limited to 200Kgs only and meant for smaller targeting, or reece pods, not heavy dedicated EW pods, that's why they have to be carried on on the centerline station. The wingtip, or tailfin pods only inclued self protection jammers and ESM/ECM techs, not dedicated electronic attack techs, these are integrated in the bigger centerline pods, that you can see at the Growler, the Flankers, or the Elta Jaming pod.
As I said, if you have no other fighter in your fleet, you can do it with LCA, but for IAF it's not neccesary with MMRCAs and Flankers. They have to go for dedicated EW aircrafts, that will be deployed in the first stages of a war and you don't send you least capable fighter for such important roles right?

yeah ..... true... right now tejas cant carry 3 tanks because of the limit of the payload...which is just 3 tonne now.... 2 tanks of 1200 litre almost 2 tonne of weight.. and 2 * 1200 litre i guess must be enough for a good range... so the centerline still can be used for carrying EW pod...

And agreed or not it is always better to carry these sensitive thing in our indigenous one... though we can rely on Flankers little but on MMRCA we should be cautious

IAF on Tejas Squadron formation mode; LSP-7&8 will join flight line soon: ADA

a.jpg

hey guys....... acc. to me we should stop fighting with each other...... neither China nor US or any other country is going to help us during war....... so peace it better than war....... war is just loss of life and money.

So pakistani aur bhartiya bhaiyon...... chodo yeh dushmani and enjoy peace and friendship!!!!!

^^^ I agree. But first, let Pakistan produce 10,000 nukes and let India build a huge nuclear Navy fleet, airforce. Then we both will declare friendship aur fir duniya pe raaj karengey. Jo gore hum pe hukum chalate hai, wahi humari jooti chatengey.

^^^ I agree. But first, let Pakistan produce 10,000 nukes and let India build a huge nuclear Navy fleet, airforce. Then we both will declare friendship and will rule the western world.

Or just nuke eachother.....lol

India will never nuke Pakistan even if there is war. Our leaders(both countries) are sane. We are not americans.

Culturally, we both are better than west.

It is not the leaders I (+the world) are worried about, it is the radicals who have infiltrated the GoP and may try to take control of a nuclear warhead.

Dont know if posted earlier.

Kaveri high altitude test in Russia
041303.jpg

This seems to be a new test ..... the color of the engine body is different from the first one actually flow.. hopefully we are able to reduce some weight and develope some high thrust engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom